Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176669 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #405 on: March 29, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »

So I have come across a strange problem... I have been modding in new gear for the npcs... new weapons seem to work fine..same for ammo...

but for some odd reason Shields and Armors (armor legs n helm) don't seem to work properly, I have placed them in the correct way and ect. but for shields, (I made spiked and guilded shields) but only guilded shows up, but it removes the buckler option... (only normal shield and guilded show up in object test arena)

and as for Body, Legs, and Helm, they don't show up at all, but all show up in OTA..

These are what I have currently:

Shields:

ITEM_SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SPIKED_SHIELD]
[NAME:spiked shield:spiked shields]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[BLOCKCHANCE:25]
[UPSTEP:2]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:6]

ITEM_SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_GUILDED_SHIELD]
[NAME:guilded shield:guilded shields]
[ARMORLEVEL:2]
[BLOCKCHANCE:22]
[UPSTEP:2]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:5]

Armor: (only providing 1 since they are basically the same for each race, its just a specified "race decoration" type armor)

[ITEM_ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BERZERKER_BREASTPLATE]
[NAME:berzerker breastplate:berzerker breastplates]
[ARMORLEVEL:3]
[UBSTEP:1]
[LBSTEP:1]
[SHAPED]
[LAYER:ARMOR]
[COVERAGE:100]
[LAYER_SIZE:20]
[LAYER_PERMIT:50]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:13]
[HARD]
[METAL]
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 29, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

Your shields are each missing the first bracket. If they're like that in your raw files, that could cause them to overwrite the properties (including name) of the shield before them, presumably the buckler. As for your armour, if it's in a separate file it could be missing the correct file headers (the bit at the top that that has item_whatever and [OBJECT:ITEM]).

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 29, 2018, 08:15:40 pm »

So after slamming my head against the desk, I didn't realize the missing brackets, that fixed that problem (thank you!)

but as for armor, everything looks fine from what I can tell..

Using Notepad++

http://puu.sh/zSjb9/5f9fb2538a.png

and for the entity_default file, I double checked to make sure they were all spelled correctly and they were, altho:
[ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BERZERKER_BREASTPLATE:RARE]

And I thought the last tag was meant for the item to show up in trades, unless im wrong?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 29, 2018, 10:21:09 pm »

The RARE part just determines how often a civilisation of that type will be able to make that item (like how dwarves can sometimes make togas). So far as I know, nothing in the entity file will influence the arena.
As for item_armor_more, I don't see anything wrong with it, unless it's in a separate folder or something. Is there anything in your error log?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 29, 2018, 10:31:34 pm »

Same folder, nothing in error log either :/

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 30, 2018, 12:24:00 am »

I just reread your first post. If they show up in the arena but not in the world you're probably just getting unlucky. If you want civs to have access to those armours more often then change RARE to COMMON of FORCED.

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 30, 2018, 01:47:41 pm »

Is it possible to mod in a workshop or building that can produce power? (Think a steam engine or a Wheel of Pain)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 30, 2018, 02:49:24 pm »

I just reread your first post. If they show up in the arena but not in the world you're probably just getting unlucky. If you want civs to have access to those armours more often then change RARE to COMMON of FORCED.

This seemed to work, but the breastplate doesn't seem to show up, but legs and helm do.. going to try putting forced there instead

Edit: it got the breastplate to show up, but the leggings disappeared.. bahumbug might as well asset all to forced
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:04:48 pm by Fatace »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 30, 2018, 08:14:28 pm »

Is it possible to mod in a workshop or building that can produce power? (Think a steam engine or a Wheel of Pain)

Not through the raws, but it's possible using DFHack. There are plugins called steam-engine and power-meter already included with DFHack that involve power.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 31, 2018, 05:02:19 am »

Bleugh. I got stuck on "spew magma-hot gas" point and can't get what is wrong.
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
  [CDI:ADV_NAME:Fire]
  [CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
  [CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD]
  [CDI:MATERIAL:METAL:FIRE:UNDIRECTED_GAS]
  [CDI:TARGET:C:SELF_ONLY]
  [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:5]
  [CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
  [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
Interaction.

Code: [Select]
[INORGANIC:FIRE]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:fire]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten fire]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling fire]
        [STATE_NAME_ADJ:POWDER:powdered fire]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:1]
[BUILD_COLOR:0:7:1]
        [MAT_FIXED_TEMP:15151]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:10]
[SPEC_HEAT:450]
[MELTING_POINT:12768]
[BOILING_POINT:15150]

[ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR][ITEMS_ANVIL]
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[SOLID_DENSITY:7850]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:6980]
[MOLAR_MASS:55845]
[IMPACT_YIELD:542500] Was 1080000, but just using 3.5x tensile multiples for everything until better numbers are available, which might not be likely
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:1085000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:319]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:542500]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:1085000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:319] bulk modulus 170 GPa
[TENSILE_YIELD:155000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:310000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:73] young's modulus 211 GPa
[TORSION_YIELD:155000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:310000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:189]
[SHEAR_YIELD:155000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:310000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:189] shear modulus 82 GPa
[BENDING_YIELD:155000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:310000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:73]
[MAX_EDGE:10000]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:ORANGE]
"Fire", copied from iron + fixed temp added. According to wiki, gas produced by interaction should be already at boiling temperature, but apparently it isn't. Armor and weapons from this also don't burn people for some reason (along with fire imp leather clothing. Was socks of death deleted at some point?). Temperature is enabled and otherwise works properly.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #415 on: March 31, 2018, 06:05:16 am »

I prefer vapors, I imagine Gas "should" work, but nothing beats getting coated in a hot liquid (or cold) to ruin ones day. Also I don't like seeing aliases being used. Please use INORGANIC:FIRE not METAL:FIRE

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 31, 2018, 06:29:32 am »

I prefer vapors, I imagine Gas "should" work, but nothing beats getting coated in a hot liquid (or cold) to ruin ones day. Also I don't like seeing aliases being used. Please use INORGANIC:FIRE not METAL:FIRE
Thanks, didn't knew that INORGANIC works. Vapor still refuses to melt anything, though.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #417 on: March 31, 2018, 11:10:19 am »

it is fixed to be at boiling, so it could just be turning into a gas before it touches them

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 31, 2018, 11:54:21 am »

Whoops. It should but it also isn't. Proper liquid. Fixed temp tag doesn't seems to do anything at all.  :-\

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 02, 2018, 02:08:47 am »

Is there a crash report somewhere created upon DF crashing? Been trying to figure out where I messed up at with setting entity positions in civs, going through what shouldn't be there and ect. but I cant seem to find the reason yet..
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 120