Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 175885 times)

Amdy_vill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2018, 07:03:12 am »

if you made a creature with a 2:10 litter size is there any way to make it so that when the creature gives brith it is more likely to have 3:4 children.
I come from the Past where we have no knowledge of how to play Dwarf fortress.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2018, 01:23:09 pm »

if you made a creature with a 2:10 litter size is there any way to make it so that when the creature gives birth it is more likely to have 3:4 children.
I guess can have 10 female castes of the creature, with most of them giving 3-4 offspring, and some of them giving 2-10.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2018, 02:59:33 pm »

1. if there is 2 minerals that have [DEEP_SPECIAL], would they be randomly generated within the world? like, on 1 embark, you could find a adamantine pillar or 2, with a different mineral pillar?

2. Is it possible to have a mineral specifically show up within slade stone?
 I have it as [ENVIRONMENT_SPEC:SLADE:VEIN:10] but it still doesn't seem to wanna show up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 05:28:58 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2018, 07:25:35 pm »

1: I haven't tried it but after a search of the forums it at least did that in 2011, but that may have been per biome.

2: Not without DFhack.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:53:27 pm by Madd »

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 18, 2018, 12:27:07 pm »

Quick question about the [BANDITRY] token. Is it a percentage of how many memebers of the entity will be turned into bandits, or how many of all bandits will be taken from that entity? Or something else?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 18, 2018, 03:54:57 pm »

You can look on wiki to be sure, but I'm pretty sure it is a percentage.

If creatures of a civ all have natural skill in mining, will all migrants come with picks?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 18, 2018, 03:59:00 pm »

Peasants will, and others whose highest skill is mining should too, not sure about everybody. It definitely works for hunters; all peasants will start as hunters and bring crossbows if the species has high ambusher skill.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 18, 2018, 07:06:32 pm »

Peasants will, and others whose highest skill is mining should too, not sure about everybody. It definitely works for hunters; all peasants will start as hunters and bring crossbows if the species has high ambusher skill.
Works for most things. The only time it doesn't is when you have creatures with their highest natural skill in a weapon not available to the civ they're living in. Then they end up with no weapon rather than being assigned an alternative (even if they have some lower skill in an available weapon).
(That's mostly only relevant to encountering them in at home in Adventurer though).
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 07:15:45 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 20, 2018, 01:54:49 pm »

1. Can shields be forced to only be made by certain material? like limit a shield to only bone materials?

2. Is there a way to force a weapon to not show up in forge ect. areas? I thought about making a weapon upgrading system, but it seems that the Tool weapons are not allowed in the military, so I
was curious on if theres a way to have a weapon be made through a new reaction, but for it to not show up like the rest of the weapons in the forge ect.

3. Is there a way to stop range weapons from showing up in the bowyer menu? Seems odd to have a wooden/bone handcannon lol.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #564 on: May 20, 2018, 02:18:09 pm »

1. Can shields be forced to only be made by certain material? like limit a shield to only bone materials?

2. Is there a way to force a weapon to not show up in forge ect. areas? I thought about making a weapon upgrading system, but it seems that the Tool weapons are not allowed in the military, so I
was curious on if theres a way to have a weapon be made through a new reaction, but for it to not show up like the rest of the weapons in the forge ect.

3. Is there a way to stop range weapons from showing up in the bowyer menu? Seems odd to have a wooden/bone handcannon lol.

1. not that I know of

2. Yes just don't set the weapon as a WEAPON in the entity, then make custom reactions to make it, you pretty much answered it yourself at the end there.

3. I don't think so

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 20, 2018, 05:47:18 pm »

2. Yes just don't set the weapon as a WEAPON in the entity, then make custom reactions to make it, you pretty much answered it yourself at the end there.

A bit lost.. but.. how would it be possible? If I set it as a Tool weapon, it doesn't show up in the weapons in military/squad equipment. Or do I just make a new type of OBJECT:ITEM file with them?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 20, 2018, 06:28:05 pm »

Make the item, and a reaction that lets you create that item, but only give access to the reaction to the civilization, not the item itself. Because the ai never actually performs reactions in WG or tracks what they make, and youre not adding the item itself as an option for the civ, they wont have access to it for trade or spawn with it equipped on soldiers etc. Only the player can make it, through the reaction, and order soldiers to equip it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 22, 2018, 04:15:02 pm »

if a metal is given the [DEEP_SPECIAL] token, does this only prevent the metal showing up in trades? or is there another use. Been working on a new metal, similar to adamantine, but its just a very rare metal that all civs can make, but Im curious on if its possible to stop having traders and randomly generated npcs to have it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 22, 2018, 04:37:33 pm »

if a metal is given the [DEEP_SPECIAL] token, does this only prevent the metal showing up in trades? or is there another use. Been working on a new metal, similar to adamantine, but its just a very rare metal that all civs can make, but Im curious on if its possible to stop having traders and randomly generated npcs to have it.
It will also appear as the composition of underworld spires. This will prevent them from appearing for civilizations. If you have multiple DEEP_SPECIAL materials, each spire will be composed of one (and only one) of them, chosen at random.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #569 on: May 22, 2018, 05:25:40 pm »

just use SPECIAL not DEEP_* both DEEP_ tags use SPECIAL. Using it will block it from trade, and RNG
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 120