Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176554 times)

fluffyshambler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2017, 05:59:34 pm »

Creating a custom tree but having trouble with custom growth dropping off. It appears on the tree, but it just won't drop off (at least not in the arena). Nothing comes up in the errorlog. Any advice?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: just realized that I had accidentally written [IS_GEM:IS_GEM:...], but after fixing that it still doesn't drop off
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:05:07 pm by fluffyshambler »

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2017, 06:47:51 pm »

I'm not familiar with how long the [GROWTH_TIMING] token lasts, but are you sure you're waiting long enough for the growth to go out of season and fall off? Alternatively, does time pass in the arena?

Other than that, maybe try [GROWTH_DROPS_OFF_NO_CLOUD] instead and see what happens.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

fluffyshambler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2017, 06:56:00 pm »

I'm not familiar with how long the [GROWTH_TIMING] token lasts, but are you sure you're waiting long enough for the growth to go out of season and fall off? Alternatively, does time pass in the arena?

Other than that, maybe try [GROWTH_DROPS_OFF_NO_CLOUD] instead and see what happens.

Yes, I'm sure the growth timing was set correctly because it was identical to the growth print which I was able to observe. And I did try no cloud.

After further testing, I've found that it falls off of branches fine. So it seem that it's just not possible to make mushroom caps drop items.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2017, 01:24:01 am »

How do you specify which syndrome an interaction induces? The wiki says that syndrome is specified in the [SYNDROME] tag, but there's no [SYNDROME] tag listed in the interaction token page. What gives?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2017, 01:56:05 am »

How do you specify which syndrome an interaction induces? The wiki says that syndrome is specified in the [SYNDROME] tag, but there's no [SYNDROME] tag listed in the interaction token page. What gives?

Yeah, it's a little spread out at times.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2017, 02:12:26 am »

Yeah, it's a little spread out at times.

Oh! Thanks. Now a second question.

How exactly does CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE work? The wiki just says that its arguments are "Attribute:percentage:fixed boost", which I don't quite understand. Does it mean you have to specify both the percentage boost and fixed boost (and both will be applied, in some order) or just one can be specified?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2017, 02:23:29 am »

Yeah, both are used at once. Given Toady's precedent, leaving out arguments wouldn't do. I suppose you could just leave a 100 for the percentage or a zero for the fixed increase.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2017, 05:27:36 pm »

Can someone explain what the problem with these that causes them to not show up in the embark stuff is?
And yes I did give dwarf the permitted reaction stuff

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2017, 06:23:17 pm »

It is possible that the dwarves simply don't find the stones. I don't know how it works, but not all dwarf civs have all stones. Usually they are missing a few. Make a few worlds, and see if they sometimes have the stones. Do you have anything in the errorlog?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2017, 06:36:25 pm »

So, I corrected a minor error, and am now getting chrismium bars, despite the fact that the other two (which are needed to make them) are still not appearing, and I also noticed that the game doesn't recognize the sleigh body part despite it existing

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2017, 07:27:07 am »

How exactly would I do in order to make fur grow on chitin plus making it possible to shear the fur, when it has grown to a proper length?

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2017, 07:41:04 am »

So, will you be able to make any creature classes that you want, for purposes of race unique animals? 

So like.... [CREATURE_CLASS:DWARF_USABLE]

That's one way. You can also just point the [ANIMAL] entity setting at a single creature, no classes required. You can pile on as many [ANIMAL] sections as you like. I just tried this:

Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:HORSE]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PET]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_SIEGE]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:CAT]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PET]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_SIEGE]
[ANIMAL]
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:LION_MAN]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]

...and sure enough, all cats were gone, all horses were gone and I can buy furry muscle men at embark.

This should open the way for some fuckery.
So wait... can you assign labors? is it like buying more starting dwarves?

nicfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2017, 08:23:56 am »

Can you change the number of initial dwarves, and migrants quantity? I find that seven are too few, and maybe to compensate that, I can lower the size of migrant waves.

(Yes, I searched this and the Fortress Mode and Gameplay Questions forums, but I didn't found an answer. Maybe because I'm bad with searches and didn't use the correct keywords)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2017, 09:26:20 am »

On the surface, it seems like it. One picked up a pick and dug out a channel just fine. I thought I read something about migrating ones having problems.

Manzeenan

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOWLEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2017, 11:33:37 am »

On the surface, it seems like it. One picked up a pick and dug out a channel just fine. I thought I read something about migrating ones having problems.
I cant remember where but i think read about like gremlins being tamed and walked around normally but couldnt do anything until they petitioned to join the fort
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 120