Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 175887 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #615 on: June 06, 2018, 02:54:43 pm »

You might also want to copy the dwarves positions.
The humans do not have brokers, chief medical dwarves, and such as far as I know.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 06, 2018, 05:35:45 pm »

Does the script for DFHack that allowed you to butcher sentients exist for 0.44.10?

...Memory is fuzzy, but I definitely remember there being one for 0.43.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #617 on: June 09, 2018, 02:32:14 pm »

Does the script for DFHack that allowed you to butcher sentients exist for 0.44.10?

works in 44.05 apparently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

I'm seeming to have a problem with the script on the dfhack 44.05 version. The script you posted is refusing to load.
works fine for me as of 44.05. Make sure you change the extension of the file from .txt to .lua, or dfhack won't read it.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 11, 2018, 08:30:24 am »

Since the creature thread is dead apparently,  I'm going to ask here how does one go about getting a specific body part set, say, pincers, to be made of a specific material, say, chitin

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 11, 2018, 01:00:37 pm »

Take a look at eyes and brains and every other organ

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #620 on: June 11, 2018, 06:14:54 pm »

better yet understand how TISSUE_LAYER inside a creature works, and also check out Body Detail Plans, that are suffixed with _LAYERS handy in seeing it make use of said TISSUE_LAYER tag. Also BPDs have this niffy way of overriding tissue layer thickness.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 13, 2018, 05:05:08 pm »

Does anyone know how the RESISTIBLE syndrome token works?  There is precious little info about it - the wiki syndrome page only hints that it exists through an example syndrome token line and gives practically no further details.  The Attributes page indicates that Disease resistance helps...somehow...but again, no details.

On a similar note, how does a creature's tolerance for pain and/or the amount of pain they suffer get affected by attributes and such?  I get how pain is determined based on tissue damage and pain receptor modifiers as described in the wound wiki page, but the attributes page implies that Willpower reduces pain, and the syndromes page implies toughness somehow influences how much pain knocks a creature out. So, how do attributes influence how a creature tolerates pain?
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #622 on: June 14, 2018, 08:31:54 am »

On a similar note, how does a creature's tolerance for pain and/or the amount of pain they suffer get affected by attributes and such?  I get how pain is determined based on tissue damage and pain receptor modifiers as described in the wound wiki page, but the attributes page implies that Willpower reduces pain, and the syndromes page implies toughness somehow influences how much pain knocks a creature out. So, how do attributes influence how a creature tolerates pain?
Could do arena testing, with some custom attack that only deals PAIN. Eight different species of naked dwarf, with willpower and toughness variance, and in the combat log see how many pain_attacks until dwarf passes out.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

gentgeen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 14, 2018, 09:50:44 pm »

If I've added [WAGON_PULLER] to various elfish animals like moose, elk, and deer; and if I add the following to ENTITY:FOREST; will the point-eared hippies be likely to arrive with wagons?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks!

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 14, 2018, 10:30:24 pm »

I don't think so.

I gave my elves all the same common domestic animal access tags as humans and dwarves have, modified the wagon to be iron instead of wood, generated a new world and forced a caravan spawn: nope, dwarves still brought wagons, elves only pack animals. Anti-wagonism goes in lockstep with vegetable empathy, I guess.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 15, 2018, 04:49:11 pm »

Unsure of the direction of the question your asking is.. but i'll answer both.

- If you wondering if your creature will be used as a wagon puller, it would randomly choose what animals will be set for each visit to be the pullers at that time.

- If you are wanting to know if they will bring a wagon regaurdless, A. they need wagon pullers.. and B. they need to have [COMMON_DOMESTIC_PULL] in their entity default file under the elf Civ.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 16, 2018, 06:55:51 am »

works in 44.05 apparently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

...okay, dumb question: how do I use it automatically? I seem to have forgotten that, too. That was the only time I'd used additional scripts.

Do I rename it to .lua, put it into the "scripts" subfolder of the "hack" folder and write "fix-sentient-butcher" in dfhack.init?

Zale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 20, 2018, 01:39:13 am »

So, I'm trying to make a secret that grants the power to resurrect people, but the interaction doesn't ever seem to go off.

I'm using bluejays as a placeholder, since, as I understand it you need a body transformation or they immediately die again.

If someone could point out what big dumb flaw I have, I'd sure appreciate it, because the errorlog isn't producing anything, and I'm at a loss.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 20, 2018, 02:38:36 am »

So, I'm trying to make a secret that grants the power to resurrect people, but the interaction doesn't ever seem to go off.

I'm using bluejays as a placeholder, since, as I understand it you need a body transformation or they immediately die again.

If someone could point out what big dumb flaw I have, I'd sure appreciate it, because the errorlog isn't producing anything, and I'm at a loss.

Creature action triggered interactions only get used during combat, regardless of usage hints.

Yes, this is a problem.

Other than that...

- You don't have START:0 in your personality and mental attr adjustments (don't know if it defaults to START:0, but I would put it in anyway).
- Your interaction has no range defined (again, don't know if there is a default)
- I don't think SYN_CONTACT does anything - it only matters if you attach it to a material AFAIK
- SYN_CLASS:RESSURECT should have one S in the resurrect bit.  If you care about spelling.

Out of curiosity, have you tried activating the interaction manually while controlling a creature in arena mode?
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Gobolinno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 21, 2018, 09:01:32 am »

(Can't find the answer in the search).

Hi!, I'm trying to "balance" a bit the world gen story (pocket+1050 years).
I got tired of all the age of goblins setups, so I managed to "rip" them by making them mortal and to eat and drink.
(now my problem is that, that only change, made all my dwarf civilizations to fall O.O).

I'm trying now to avoid the "always attacker, always winner" wars of the goblins.

In the personality traits for the creature_standard I have this:

Code: [Select]
[PERSONALITY:ANGER_PROPENSITY:25:75:100]
[PERSONALITY:HATE_PROPENSITY:25:75:100]
[PERSONALITY:VIOLENT:25:75:100]
[PERSONALITY:IMMODERATION:50:75:100]
[PERSONALITY:EXCITEMENT_SEEKING:0:60:100]
[PERSONALITY:CHEER_PROPENSITY:0:40:90]
[PERSONALITY:ALTRUISM:0:25:50]
[PERSONALITY:IMMODESTY:10:60:100]
[PERSONALITY:CRUELTY:50:75:100]
[PERSONALITY:SWAYED_BY_EMOTIONS:0:25:50]
[PERSONALITY:TOLERANT:50:75:100]

I'm guessing the first 3 would solve "my" problem, but I don't get what the 3 numbers mean...
(Ok, I look at the wiki and I got what the value means... but I can't get to imagine why 3, and why in that order).
Any advice?. >^^<

(Sorry to burden).
>^^<
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 120