Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176711 times)

MachinaMandala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #645 on: June 29, 2018, 02:42:28 am »

What happens if you have a reanimation process like the necromancer one but without Opposed to Life in Fortress mode? Do the reanimated creatures join your civ?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 29, 2018, 03:25:56 pm »

Is it possible to make a type of metal that causes a syndrome upon inpact or tearing of a body part?

Been thinking about making tipped bolts/arrows that cause syndromes onto the enemy if it breaks the skin of theirs.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 29, 2018, 03:40:07 pm »

Solid material can not spread syndromes, sorry.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Tubercular Ox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 03, 2018, 09:29:20 pm »

Toady renamed the upper and lower bodies "thorax" and "abdomen" for insects.  What could possibly go wrong with moving an insectoid's legs to their upper body?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #649 on: July 03, 2018, 09:31:25 pm »

Nothing (as in nothing bad), however the legs will be able to wrestle, As any LIMB connected to the upperbody is valid for lovenly wrapping around foes

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #650 on: July 04, 2018, 11:49:37 am »

Nothing (as in nothing bad), however the legs will be able to wrestle, As any LIMB connected to the upperbody is valid for lovenly wrapping around foes
You can wrestle with your legs if you go prone. To my knowledge, wrestling restrictions depends on if the limbs are used for [STANCE] or not.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 04, 2018, 01:15:25 pm »

Does the script for DFHack that allowed you to butcher sentients exist for 0.44.10?
...Memory is fuzzy, but I definitely remember there being one for 0.43.

works in 44.05 apparently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

...okay, dumb question: how do I use it automatically? I seem to have forgotten that, too. That was the only time I'd used additional scripts.

Do I rename it to .lua, put it into the "scripts" subfolder of the "hack" folder and write "fix-sentient-butcher" in dfhack.init?

Can somebody answer this? An answer may actually motivate me to continue

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 04, 2018, 02:55:35 pm »

What happens if you have a reanimation process like the necromancer one but without Opposed to Life in Fortress mode? Do the reanimated creatures join your civ?

Apologizes on this being a bit late but I might have somewhat of an answer...
While I was working with my mod, I noticed those without opposed to Life can be reanimated (regaurdless if it was undead or just turned into something else), and can become non-hostile and live with a Civ for some odd reason.. so im assuming if you were to make a new interaction that doesn't make it opposed to life, it might work, but it would probly be treated as an recruit or prisoner of some sort is what I would assume, not 100% sure tho, I would just suggest testing this using DFHack
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 04, 2018, 04:00:30 pm »

Does the script for DFHack that allowed you to butcher sentients exist for 0.44.10?
...Memory is fuzzy, but I definitely remember there being one for 0.43.

works in 44.05 apparently. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

...okay, dumb question: how do I use it automatically? I seem to have forgotten that, too. That was the only time I'd used additional scripts.

Do I rename it to .lua, put it into the "scripts" subfolder of the "hack" folder and write "fix-sentient-butcher" in dfhack.init?

Can somebody answer this? An answer may actually motivate me to continue

yes that's exactly right and you could've just tried

you might also have to use the "repeat" thing included ind fhack

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 04, 2018, 09:55:08 pm »

You can also use GM-editor to remove the dead-dwarf flag from the corpse.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #655 on: July 06, 2018, 03:39:56 pm »

What can I do with the "Peddler" profession visitors / dwarves?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 06, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »

They are typically spies.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Sergio_Morozov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 07, 2018, 01:12:20 am »

How to make all generated leather/bone a generic one instead of "species_name" leather/bone? (I failed to find separate bone/leather definitions in raws, only "template"s...)
(Can it be done easily? Some mods advertise this...)
Does it really improve perfomance?

How to make all metal items to return 100% of material used in their construction when melting?

Does it really impact perfomance if one permits all metal items to be made from all metals/alloys?
(That one I did, but the change corresponded with mass turkey hatchings in my fortress, so was hard to tell.)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 07, 2018, 01:55:54 am »

How to make all generated leather/bone a generic one instead of "species_name" leather/bone? (I failed to find separate bone/leather definitions in raws, only "template"s...)
(Can it be done easily? Some mods advertise this...)
Does it really improve perfomance?
I don't know about performance improvements, but this is how generic leather is implemented in the Fallout Equestria RAWs...

In the skin material definition (in material_template_default), replace this...
Code: (vanilla tokens) [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:LEATHER]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PARCHMENT]
...with this...
Code: (replacement tokens) [Select]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:LEATHER]
[MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:PARCHMENT_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:PARCHMENT]
...and stick this in one of the creature files somewhere...
Code: (fake creature) [Select]
[CREATURE:ANIMAL]
  [NAME:::]
[ARENA_RESTRICTED]
[DOES_NOT_EXIST]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]   
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PARCHMENT:PARCHMENT_TEMPLATE]
I believe that is everything you need.  I *think* this should also work for bones and other things that aren't processed but used directly off the creature, but you would have to replace [TISSUE_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BONE] with [TISSUE_MAT:CREATURE_MAT:ANIMAL:BONE] in the tissue template definition for bones instead of changing material templates, in addition to adding [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE] to ANIMAL.  If that works, you could also swap out the skin material reactions for just making skin generic.

How to make all metal items to return 100% of material used in their construction when melting?
Melting is hard coded.  Short of making custom melting reactions or doing some weird script based hackery, you can't do this afaik.
Does it really impact perfomance if one permits all metal items to be made from all metals/alloys?
(That one I did, but the change corresponded with mass turkey hatchings in my fortress, so was hard to tell.)
I have literally never heard anything about this before, so no clue.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Sergio_Morozov

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 07, 2018, 02:23:40 pm »

...but this is how generic leather is implemented in the Fallout Equestria RAWs...

Thanks! It looks somewhat more complicated than allowing armor/weapons to be made of every metal...

...Melting is hard coded.  Short of making custom melting reactions or doing some weird script based hackery, you can't do this afaik...

Well, then I feel free to make and melt those nifty metall leggings forever for 0.5 bar profit. Since I am not allowed to fix it, this is not cheating!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 120