Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174377 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #705 on: July 14, 2018, 06:09:53 pm »

Try defining the eggs after applying the new tissue, maybe?

Thats a neat bug tho
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 14, 2018, 09:28:49 pm »

Try defining the eggs after applying the new tissue, maybe?

Thats a neat bug tho
i'm trying to figure that out right now.

its the EGGSHELL that matters here, from testing the value of the EGGSHELL is what dictates the value of the egg.
and apparently TISSUE_LAYER_OVER just bypasses anything you do to the EGGSHELL, since it just coats on top of it again regardless of whether you define EGGSHELL before or after.
the only way i think this'll be worked around is to not use BY_CATEGORY:ALL, and manually define each body parts.

edit: TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL seems to overwrite EGGSHELL material as well, but TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER doesn't.
so the issue is BY_CATEGORY:ALL which also selects EGGSHELL regardless of where it is placed.

edit2: TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL wasn't the one affecting the egg value, manually defining TISSUE_LAYER_OVER on certain bodyparts seems to be causing it.

-----------------------

i need help on this one, i'm trying to make my treants drop wood when butchered by using this.
[EBO_ITEM:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:PLANT_MAT:FEATHER:WOOD]

but it instead gives me this error.
Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature PET_TREANT
undefined plant material set to default: FEATHER FEATHER
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:31:21 am by EpicMadness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #707 on: July 15, 2018, 02:29:24 am »

That seems like a bug with EBO... as that should have worked.

work around would be make teh featherwood wood an INORGANIC and update the tree as well to use it, so you can use INORGANIC:FEATHERWOOD to get around this issue.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: July 15, 2018, 02:39:56 am »

That seems like a bug with EBO... as that should have worked.

work around would be make teh featherwood wood an INORGANIC and update the tree as well to use it, so you can use INORGANIC:FEATHERWOOD to get around this issue.

is that even possible? modifying the tree to use [TREE:INORGANIC:FEATHERWOOD] would work? would it stack normally?
i haven't tried that at all... sounds interesting.

--------------

i'm currently tracking the TISSUE_LAYER_OVER egg value bug, so far i've narrowed it down to a few suspects.

[TISSUE:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_NAME:raw adamantite:NP]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:RAW_ADAMANTINE]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:10]
[HEALING_RATE:100]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]

!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:HEAD:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:WING:CHITIN]
!TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:WING:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:STINGER:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:STINGER:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:LEG_REAR:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR:CHITIN]
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR:CHITIN]

this is the parts i used with my bee, its basic insect_body plus a modified stinger connected to the lower body.
this one doesn't add any value towards the egg, activating anything else however does.

maximum egg value seems to be 1000.

this is the body template:
[BODY:BEE]
[BP:UB:thorax:thoraxes][UPPERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:HD:head:STP][CON:UB][HEAD][CATEGORY:HEAD]
[BP:BRAIN:brain:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][THOUGHT][INTERNAL][SMALL][CATEGORY:BRAIN]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:200]
[BP:EYE1:first eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][RIGHT][CATEGORY:EYE]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:10]
[BP:EYE2:second eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][CATEGORY:EYE]
[BP:EYE3:third eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][CATEGORY:EYE]
[BP:EYE4:fourth eye:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][SIGHT][EMBEDDED][SMALL][LEFT][CATEGORY:EYE]
[BP:MOUTH:mouth:STP][CONTYPE:HEAD][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE][CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:20]
[BP:LB:abdomen:STP][CON:UB][LOWERBODY][CATEGORY:BODY_LOWER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:1000]
[BP:STINGER:stinger:STP][CONTYPE:LOWERBODY][STANCE][CATEGORY:STINGER]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:400]
[BP:RWING1:right wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][RIGHT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[BP:RWING2:right wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][RIGHT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[BP:LWING1:left wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][LEFT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[BP:LWING2:left wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][LEFT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[BP:RA1:right first leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:LA1:left first leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:RF1:right first foot:right first feet][CON:RA1][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:50]
[BP:LF1:left first foot:left first feet][CON:LA1][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[BP:RA2:right second leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:LA2:left second leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_FRONT]
[BP:RF2:right second foot:right second feet][CON:RA2][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[BP:LF2:left second foot:left second feet][CON:LA2][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT]
[BP:RA3:right third leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][RIGHT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:LA3:left third leg:STP][CON:UB][LIMB][LEFT][CATEGORY:LEG_REAR]
[BP:RF3:right third foot:right third feet][CON:RA3][STANCE][RIGHT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]
[BP:LF3:left third foot:left third feet][CON:LA3][STANCE][LEFT][CATEGORY:FOOT_REAR]

my hypothesis - i got my suspicion that anything that doesn't have [STANCE] ends up affecting egg value.
scratch that, i just tried adding [STANCE] to those affected parts and they still affect egg value.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:02:28 am by EpicMadness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 15, 2018, 03:01:46 am »

why is all the tissue layers doubled?

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2018, 03:07:37 am »

why is all the tissue layers doubled?
double armor!

and for the record i tried it with just a single set and the bug persists.

edit: i found the bug source!
its due to doubling the layer, but it wasn't because of the doubling itself, but because of conflicting SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE!
when i add layers with conflicting SUBORDINATE_TO_TISSUE it ends up causing the egg value to go up.

so i just adjusted the subordinations and added another CHITIN TISSUE template and gave it a different subordination, this time towards CHITIN2 to CHITIN1.

but this still doesn't make sense though, how come the bug only happens on some bodyparts?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 03:37:17 am by EpicMadness »

Kolnukbyne

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great laziness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2018, 11:09:16 am »

I've been working on modding in some simple custom races/civilisations. Everything seemed to be going fine until I decided to test creating a new world (honestly I should have been testing this as I went but whoops). Once worldgen gets to placing civs it will place a few civs, stall, and then reject the world or keep going, then stall again. If it manages to place all civs then the game just crashes.

Is there a common cause for something like this that I might be overlooking? I'm certain it's something wrong with an entity since the races all work fine in the arena. I've tried removing entities one at a time from the file which had some success until it didn't (entities that had previously worked on their own ceased working on their own).

I'm at a loose end, I've checked for typing errors or incorrect token names and am all out of ideas.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2018, 07:13:00 pm »

depends on the tags.

the entity file cant use surface civs with [LAYER_LINKED] tag, they just keep failing to generate.
at the same time, biome tags could be acting up, double check whether theres sufficient biomes to place all the civs.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2018, 10:14:43 pm »

I've been working on modding in some simple custom races/civilisations. Everything seemed to be going fine until I decided to test creating a new world (honestly I should have been testing this as I went but whoops). Once worldgen gets to placing civs it will place a few civs, stall, and then reject the world or keep going, then stall again. If it manages to place all civs then the game just crashes.

Is there a common cause for something like this that I might be overlooking? I'm certain it's something wrong with an entity since the races all work fine in the arena. I've tried removing entities one at a time from the file which had some success until it didn't (entities that had previously worked on their own ceased working on their own).

I'm at a loose end, I've checked for typing errors or incorrect token names and am all out of ideas.

I can somewhat help you with this since I had a bit of a problem while working on my mod. Some of the things that
cause the game to do that are:

1. Town types (Dwarf, Human, Elf, Goblin), are limited to spawning in certain locations. Human towns cannot spawn in Mountain biomes, and Human and Elf Towns cannot spawn in Tundra biomes, ect.
2. The Positions need to be correctly done, and Civs under the control of Goblin towns are limited from certain positions, its best to just copy/paste the 1 from goblin entities. Adding ones such as Duke, ect. causes it to crash after placing all Civs in world Gen.
3. Make sure Start Biomes and Biome Supports are a wide enough area for the Civs to spawn.
4. Double check on what your Max starting Civ number, max pop number and max site popnumber says.

Other than those issues, unsure of any other that cause my mod to do that. Hope it helped!
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

namelez

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2018, 10:43:01 pm »

anyone know how to increase the volume of blood a creature has?, i've been working on a hydra that bleeds fire
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but turns out besides melting yourself to death (easy fix),bleeding fire causes a very rapid lack of blood

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2018, 11:35:14 pm »

anyone know how to increase the volume of blood a creature has?, i've been working on a hydra that bleeds fire
but turns out besides melting yourself to death (easy fix),bleeding fire causes a very rapid lack of blood

use the tissue token and make it regenerate faster.

[TISSUE:BLOOD]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:50] how thick the layer is, proportional to total thickness of all tissue layers.
[HEALING_RATE:1] tick-based so lower value is faster
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LEAKS]

[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:SKIN:BLOOD]

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 16, 2018, 12:58:44 am »

@namelez
I'm not sure what determines a creatures real blood volume (possibly just the bodysize? Putnam or others that dug into this can answer it better)

However Epic's suggestion of making a layer that is "blood" won't stop the bleeding to death issue either, also
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:SKIN:BLOOD]is incorrect that doesn't select by tissue but by bodyparts, and SKIN is not a bodypart category.

I have created some BDPs to aid in "fluid like tissue" applications

You can make use of it via [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HTD_FLUID_LIMBS_TISSUE_LAYERS:BLOOD] in the creature

Also the tissue that is "fluid" should not that [TISSUE_LEAK]s as once the upper tissue is pierced it will leak out and be gone forever (omitting this tag will allow blood pieces to break off indefinitely) also the suggested relative_thickness is tooooo thick. 50 is way too high, use 1 unless you want the creature to be just a big blood bag

quick meaning of this is:

Creature body part size = CreatureBodySize * (PartRelSize / (RelSizeOfAllParts))
Part tissue thickness = BodyPartSize * (TissueThickness / (ThicknessOfAllTissues))

which means that blood layer having 50 would make it way larger than the other tissues holding the percentage of the part.

Edit:
also wanted to say, you didn't need to make a whole material template for flameblood, you could have just used|
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPALTE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
--Insert material tokens to make it firey blood right after
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 01:00:33 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2018, 02:01:39 am »

However Epic's suggestion of making a layer that is "blood" won't stop the bleeding to death issue either, also
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:SKIN:BLOOD]is incorrect that doesn't select by tissue but by bodyparts, and SKIN is not a bodypart category.

oops.  :P
[TISSUE_LAYER_UNDER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BLOOD] would work though, it basically adds a blood layer underneath every body part, including organs.

as for the thickness, its from the iron man creature, which has 2% iron skin and 98% gas.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:06:40 am by EpicMadness »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 16, 2018, 01:56:46 pm »

I posted my BDPs for applying fluid like tissues "after" the main creature is layered. and BDPs override relative_thickness as mine will set that thickness to "1" I technically could add another ARG to allow it to be custom as well

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 16, 2018, 03:50:03 pm »

Apologies for the simple question; I wasn't able to find an answer with the forum search function.

Is it possible to create plants through reactions? [PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL] only creates generic 'plants,' but did I simply use the wrong syntax or is it impossible to do?
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 120