Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 175924 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #720 on: July 16, 2018, 05:19:48 pm »

Apologies for the simple question; I wasn't able to find an answer with the forum search function.

Is it possible to create plants through reactions? [PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL] only creates generic 'plants,' but did I simply use the wrong syntax or is it impossible to do?

I just tried a quick reaction in arena mode and it worked fine for me, using your PRODUCT, what's the issue?

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE TEST_PLANT]
[NAME:make plant]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL]

Could eat it too, and eating it made spawn (SEED)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 16, 2018, 07:30:51 pm »

I am currently trying to make a reaction that can take a boulder and make it into 6 blocks. Would anyone know how to get that to work?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 16, 2018, 08:01:55 pm »

1 reagent that takes a BOULDER
and a product that makes BLOCKS

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 16, 2018, 10:02:52 pm »

Is there anyway to control the variance of civilization values for individuals? In other words, can I edit dwarves so they'll personally almost always "fall in line" with certain values rather than disagreeing with them?

I'm trying to make my dwarves a little more homogeneous so they'll become friends easier, but I can only find ways to edit their personality variance - which seems to only agree or totally conflict with their held values rather than influencing them.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 16, 2018, 10:19:23 pm »

1 reagent that takes a BOULDER
and a product that makes BLOCKS

[REACTION:BOULDER_TO_BLOCKS]
   [NAME:cut boulder into six blocks]
   [BUILDING:STONECUTTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BOULDER:NONE:NONE:NONE]   
        [PRODUCT:100:6:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

Is this gonna work?
(Note: STONECUTTER is a custom building I'm putting this thing in)

Spoiler: The building (click to show/hide)

Added in the building as well to be sure I didn't screw that up either
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:42:23 am by Asin »

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 16, 2018, 10:54:13 pm »

Is there anyway to control the variance of civilization values for individuals? In other words, can I edit dwarves so they'll personally almost always "fall in line" with certain values rather than disagreeing with them?

I'm trying to make my dwarves a little more homogeneous so they'll become friends easier, but I can only find ways to edit their personality variance - which seems to only agree or totally conflict with their held values rather than influencing them.
try setting this on the entity files.
[VALUE:FRIENDSHIP:50]
[VALUE:HARMONY:50]

then set this on the creature files.
[PERSONALITY:FRIENDLINESS:100:100:100]

this maxes out the chance for friendliness.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 11:03:18 pm by EpicMadness »

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 17, 2018, 09:53:01 pm »

So I'm making a modded race of fire casting humanoids. How do I prevent them from melting themselves? [FIREIMMUNE] seemed like it helped a little (with the firejet and fireball, attacks I'm guessing) but most of my arena tests still result in self-immolation. [HOMEOTHERM:12000] was an instant melt for my poor subjects. Do I have to give them modded tissues?

Also: the range values in the material emission interaction, do those correspond to tiles? Does this: [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15] represent a range of 15 tiles?

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 17, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »

One more question: my creature is only appearing as a blank tile in the arena, how u fix?

I've got them just using the basic human tags right now: [CREATURE_TILE:’U’][COLOR:3:0:0]
No matter what values I put, the creature shows up as a blank/black tile, almost a deep blue. Distinguishable from the other tiles.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 17, 2018, 10:49:47 pm »

So I'm making a modded race of fire casting humanoids. How do I prevent them from melting themselves? [FIREIMMUNE] seemed like it helped a little (with the firejet and fireball, attacks I'm guessing) but most of my arena tests still result in self-immolation. [HOMEOTHERM:12000] was an instant melt for my poor subjects. Do I have to give them modded tissues?

Also: the range values in the material emission interaction, do those correspond to tiles? Does this: [CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15] represent a range of 15 tiles?

the FIREIMMUNE tags are for the creature to believe it's fire proof (not be scared of hot tiles, fire, magma)
it's the MATERIALs the creature is made from that makes it fireproof or not. Look at how the IMP_FIRE creature sets it's materials to be fire-proof

One more question: my creature is only appearing as a blank tile in the arena, how u fix?

I've got them just using the basic human tags right now: [CREATURE_TILE:’U’][COLOR:3:0:0]
No matter what values I put, the creature shows up as a blank/black tile, almost a deep blue. Distinguishable from the other tiles.

[CASTE_TILE]?

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 17, 2018, 11:08:54 pm »

the FIREIMMUNE tags are for the creature to believe it's fire proof (not be scared of hot tiles, fire, magma) it's the MATERIALs the creature is made from that makes it fireproof or not. Look at how the IMP_FIRE creature sets it's materials to be fire-proof

Copied the stuff from the fire imp, works great. Thank you.

[CASTE_TILE] doesn't seem to work.

Here's what I've got:
[CREATURE:WITCH]
   [DESCRIPTION:A medium-sized creature with the ability to manipulate flame.]
   [NAME:witch:witches:witch]
   [CASTE_NAME:chaos witch:chaos witches:witch]
      [CASTE_TILE:’U’][COLOR:3:0:0]
   [OUTSIDER_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE_TILE:’U’][COLOR:3:0:0]
   [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:154]
   [CREATURE_CLASS:MAMMAL]
   [INTELLIGENT]
   [CANOPENDOORS]
   [BENIGN]
   [FIREIMMUNE]
I'll move caste tile below creature tile... not sure if that's the problem.

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: July 18, 2018, 01:45:56 am »

Figured it out. I was using apostrophes instead of single quotes.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #731 on: July 18, 2018, 05:01:57 am »

Is it possible to create plants through reactions? [PRODUCT:100:5:PLANT:NONE:PLANT_MAT:MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP:STRUCTURAL] only creates generic 'plants,' but did I simply use the wrong syntax or is it impossible to do?
I think I had the same problem a few years ago. Wrote notes to my rock-boulder-into-edible-salt reaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
so I used PLANT or LEAF or SEED instead of STRUCTURAL.
the plant:
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #732 on: July 18, 2018, 05:05:58 am »

I am currently trying to make a reaction that can take a boulder and make it into 6 blocks. Would anyone know how to get that to work?
Here's an example reaction for you.
   [PRODUCT:2:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE] means 2% chance of 1 blocks-subtype-none
-- and the product's material is a... see material token: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Material_token

==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 18, 2018, 07:00:01 pm »

Is it possible to make a creature list it's [CASTE_NAME] instead of the [CREATURE][NAME] when 'v'iewed on the map  or 'u'nit screen?

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 19, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »

I just tried a quick reaction in arena mode and it worked fine for me, using your PRODUCT, what's the issue?

Terribly sorry; it was just a stupid typo that was ruining the reaction. Sorry to bother you.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 120