Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 175878 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #780 on: September 08, 2018, 02:22:19 pm »

The game seems to mandate that a body part is not butcherable unless it contains at least two tissue layers. for instance if you spill a creatures guts and then cut them off before it bleeds to death, you cannot then butcher the guts body part, even though if you hadnt cut it off it would count as part of the lower body, which you could butcher because it contains multiple tissues and organs, and would yield a stack of prepared intestines, which come only from that guts body part.

I would suggest either giving the BC a second tissue underneath the bronze like copper or something, or changing it back to a special death object, and changing it from a statue to a new type of weapon that has an item/material size of -a lot of bars- but is only obtainable from killing a bronze collosus. You could then melt that item and get a bunch of bars because of its high material cost. I think.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 08, 2018, 02:35:40 pm »

The game seems to mandate that a body part is not butcherable unless it contains at least two tissue layers.
I would suggest either giving the BC a second tissue underneath the bronze like copper or something,

I see... Interesting. Do you think the "nobones" tag affects things as well ?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 08, 2018, 03:09:37 pm »

Probably not, since the BC doesnt even have bones defined.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 08, 2018, 05:56:45 pm »

Well, I've changed it now so that the colossus has 3 tissue layers - "skin", "fat", and "muscle". of Bismuth bronze, black bronze, and normal bronze respectively.

Seems to work in the object testing arena, pressing butcher on corpse bits produces the relevant bars. Now to wait for one to turn up in fortress mode

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 14, 2018, 07:03:23 pm »

I'm trying to make comic books and manga as something similar to actual books or scrolls for Necrothreat's mod. For some reason, I can't seem to get them to display page numbers the way codices do. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Code: (Comic book tool) [Select]
[ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_COMICS_TLM]
[NAME:comic book:comics]
[VALUE:20]
[SHEET_MAT]
[TOOL_USE:CONTAIN_WRITING]
[TILE:240]
[SIZE:100]
[NO_DEFAULT_JOB]
[DEFAULT_IMPROVEMENT:PAGES:SOFT_MAT]

Code: (The reaction) [Select]
[REACTION:MAKE_COMICS_TLM]
[NAME:make comic book]
[BUILDING:CRAFTSMAN:NONE]
[REAGENT:sheet:10000:SHEET:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[IMPROVEMENT:100:sheet:SPECIFIC:PAGES:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sheet:NONE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_COMICS_TLM:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:sheet:NONE]

[SKILL:BOOKBINDING]

I've also had a user report about them being used to make full books in fortress mode in a similar manner to quires, but I haven't really tested that.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #785 on: September 20, 2018, 08:36:21 pm »

Am I still right in assuming you can't use a creature's body part in a reaction? Assuming no outside utility support.

Also while I'm here I'm having issues with EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've tried pointing it at all sorts of things but it always returns "no BPs found". It's using a handful of custom tissues, etc, but they've all been copied from existing raws so they should be working fine.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 12:03:10 am by Seriyu »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 21, 2018, 05:14:07 am »

What's 2ELYTRON look like?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #787 on: September 21, 2018, 01:29:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's functionally another pair of wings, they're the little outer shell "wings" some beetles have, for a visual.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 21, 2018, 02:00:20 pm »

Here, let me fix that for you.
Code: [Select]
[BODY:2ELYTRON]
[BP:ELYTRON:right wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][RIGHT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
[BP:ELYTRON:left wing:STP][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][LIMB][LEFT][FLIER][CATEGORY:WING]
[DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]
FYI, bbcode sometimes interprets things in square brackets.  Use the (code)(/code) tags (swapping () with []) to avoid this.

Anyway, I think I see your problem.  Your creature code ([EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT:BY_CATEGORY:ELYTRON]) refers to the category ELYTRON.  The category of your elytrons is WING.  Change them to ELYTRON. 

While you are at it, change BP:ELYTRON to BP:RELYTRON and BP:LELYTRON so you don't have duplicate IDs.  Also, is there a reason why the elytrons have [FLIER]?  Chitin wing covers don't help insects fly, they just protect their wings.  I believe you should also drop [LIMB], or your insect will use it's wing casings to wrestle.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #789 on: September 21, 2018, 02:02:21 pm »

I actually hadn't checked if elytrons help insects to fly, and was gonna check into that later, so thank you for doing the research for me! Also in hindsight that was very obvious and I can't believe I missed the [CATEGORY:] tag. Thank you much!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #790 on: September 21, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »

Back again, historical figures are being listed as "nothings" (male nothing, female nothing, "the nothing" etc) in the legends view, though they seem to display fine in fortress mode, I suspect they're the custom races I'm using, given that's most of what I changed that'd show up in legends mode. Anyone have an idea as to what could be causing that? I did dummy out a few vanilla files (erasing the top two lines of the text files) and a single entry (by removing all the opening brackets on it) since I wasn't using them, but that's all I could imagine causing it, personally.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #791 on: September 22, 2018, 04:08:43 am »

If they're missing [CASTE_NAME] they'll show up as "nothings".

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 22, 2018, 11:56:29 am »

do creatures with extra body parts attached to the main body, still have those body parts exposed and unarmoured ?

I am thinking here of creatures like the camel men, which last time I seriously looked, their humps were left exposed, even if they were wearing armour, and the humps had a bit of a tendency to be cut off really easily by enemy weapons.

I don't remember if there was ever a workaround for it, like, if adding [LIMB] to the body part meant it would be covered by body armour that had the relevant UBSTEP.

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 22, 2018, 12:50:16 pm »

do creatures with extra body parts attached to the main body, still have those body parts exposed and unarmoured ?

I am thinking here of creatures like the camel men, which last time I seriously looked, their humps were left exposed, even if they were wearing armour, and the humps had a bit of a tendency to be cut off really easily by enemy weapons.

I don't remember if there was ever a workaround for it, like, if adding [LIMB] to the body part meant it would be covered by body armour that had the relevant UBSTEP.
I just checked in arena.  Mail shirts (UBSTEP and LBSTEP 1) cover the hump.  Breastplate (UBSTEP and LBSTEP 0) does not.  Normal shirts (UBSTEP 1, LBSTEP 0) cover the hump and arms, but not the legs.

It looks like any armor with UBSTEP>0 will protect a camel man's hump.  Slapping UBSTEP:1 on breastplate will fix this issue, at the "expense" of it also protecting the neck and upper arms.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #794 on: September 22, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

If they're missing [CASTE_NAME] they'll show up as "nothings".

Ah, that'd be it. Thank ya!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 120