Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176281 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #795 on: September 23, 2018, 12:04:41 am »

So you know how elves and stuff have their own unique messages they give during diplomacy and invasion messages, is there a way I can set one of those up for a custom entity without overwriting the old ones?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #796 on: September 23, 2018, 02:14:51 am »

So you know how elves and stuff have their own unique messages they give during diplomacy and invasion messages, is there a way I can set one of those up for a custom entity without overwriting the old ones?

I believe that's hardcoded unfortunately. You can, but it goes beyond standard text file modding and reaches into coding and .exe modification, IIRC, unless something has changed

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: September 23, 2018, 05:00:02 am »

It's not quite that extreme, just gotta modify the dipscripts, but yeah, no way to add new ones.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #798 on: September 24, 2018, 08:36:33 pm »

Getting a "no tissue thickness" error for the "head" and "crystaline growths" BPs on this guy.

Creature:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Body parts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thanks in advance!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #799 on: September 25, 2018, 12:12:35 am »

in your body plan for the sandworm body, you need [CATEGORY:HEAD] as I believe the BDP layers by category and not by types

also for the growths here is a snippet with colors for changes

[TISSUE:CRYSTAL]
      [TISSUE_NAME:crystal:crystals]
      [TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:MORION]
      [VASCULAR:0] --you don't need this is you don't want it to bleed, you're defining this tissue from scratch.
      [RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
      [THICKENS_ON_ENERGY_STORAGE]
      [CONNECTS]
      [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
   [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:CRYSTALS:CRYSTAL]

[BODY:SANDWORM_BODY]
   [BP:HEAD:head:STP][MOUTH][HEAD][NERVOUS][CATEGORY:HEAD]
      [DEFAULT_RELSIZE:500]   

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #800 on: September 25, 2018, 02:48:18 pm »

That did it, thank ya very much! Can't believe I missed the category tag. Thank ya for the clarification on the custom tissue, too! Wasn't sure what to do with the vascular tag for not-bleeding.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: September 25, 2018, 08:41:07 pm »

I've taken a bit of a hiatus since .44.05. Were there any changes to the creature and entity raws (i.e. is it safe to copy over my versions of for example body_default to the current version)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #802 on: September 26, 2018, 05:02:08 am »

Depends on which version you're coming back from. Pre-40, definitely not. Post 40, depends - stuff like body_default is mostly unchanged, but the entity_default file and creature_standard file did have a few changes since then (pedestals/display cases added, kobolds having their own pet classes now along with being unable to stake artifact claims, etc.)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #803 on: September 26, 2018, 05:53:25 am »

I've taken a bit of a hiatus since .44.05. Were there any changes to the creature and entity raws (i.e. is it safe to copy over my versions of for example body_default to the current version)?
Could download WinMerge (or other code comparison tool) and with it, copy raws chunks over while it highlights what is different between the two files / folders.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

42RedPandas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: September 26, 2018, 09:06:03 am »

Hi guys,

I was wandering if there were mods working for the actual version of DF that allowed mouse tracking and or mouse menuing.
I'm fairly new to DF and noticed that such a feature would be incredible to make the game play much more easily, for a beginner in particular.
I know that Shurako did that with MOUSE Fortress (http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=102563.0), and there was a similar mod (Mouse query tool http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119575.0) by Falconne, but they don't work anymore, I think.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: September 26, 2018, 09:33:17 am »

Both are included with DFHack now.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: September 26, 2018, 04:12:32 pm »

Could download WinMerge (or other code comparison tool) and with it, copy raws chunks over while it highlights what is different between the two files / folders.
Filechanges.txt has all the changes. Haven't noticed any omissions yet since 44.05.

Thundercraft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: September 27, 2018, 11:20:50 am »

Q: Is there a way to have a creature with a very different body structure in a child stage, before it grows up into an adult stage?

What I want to do is design a creature that has a legless, worm-like "pupa" or "larval" stage that is [MILKABLE], but then - after a certain number of years - changes into an adult that loses the [MILKABLE] token and gains legs, etc.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: September 27, 2018, 12:14:28 pm »

Q: Is there a way to have a creature with a very different body structure in a child stage, before it grows up into an adult stage?

What I want to do is design a creature that has a legless, worm-like "pupa" or "larval" stage that is [MILKABLE], but then - after a certain number of years - changes into an adult that loses the [MILKABLE] token and gains legs, etc.
no. Outright impossible.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: September 27, 2018, 12:15:23 pm »

Yeah, even with syndrome screwery it's not viable. It's possible with DFHack--actually kind of trivially, come to think--but it still has oddities even then.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 120