Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176786 times)

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #930 on: December 04, 2018, 09:06:13 pm »

Thanks! I'll need to check this out...

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 06, 2018, 08:47:27 am »

Is the description (tool) tag working and if yes can it be used for non-tool items? AFAIK it's not even used in items either.

Is there any other (in game)  way to add item descriptions or is DFHack's item-description script the only option?

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 07, 2018, 03:27:02 pm »

Curious about something... If I were to apply:

[ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_CLASS:POISONOUS]
      [ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:MAMMAL]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER]
      [ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]

to a Civ that's like the Goblins (or any tbh), and make a new ANIMAL_CLASS with its own creatures in that class.... would that work?

Like.. have a Civ that uses bugs for their creatures?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 07, 2018, 03:47:26 pm »

Yes. You'd just need to make sure that all the creatures you want to be used have the [CREATURE_CLASS:your class tag here] in their creature raws.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 07, 2018, 04:04:30 pm »

Awesome! Thank you!

Would it effect any if I were to copy a few vanilla creatures (example: Using Rats and changes names, size to something named Dire Rats), set their new creature_class, but set their spawn frequency to 0.. would they still show up in Civs? Or would they need to be active in that area, ect. for them to be used?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 07, 2018, 08:07:41 pm »

Awesome! Thank you!

Would it effect any if I were to copy a few vanilla creatures (example: Using Rats and changes names, size to something named Dire Rats), set their new creature_class, but set their spawn frequency to 0.. would they still show up in Civs? Or would they need to be active in that area, ect. for them to be used?

[ANIMAL] blocks disregard whether the animal is available in the civ’s environment, so you should be fine.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 07, 2018, 09:54:23 pm »

You'd need to add [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] under the [ANIMAL] tag to make sure it's always available. Otherwise it will only get tamed if present in the world and near the civ.

Also, you don't need to set frequency to 0 - just remove the frequency tag and all the biome tags. And make sure your copied creatures have a unique creature tag (I assume you know it, but saying just in case).
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 08, 2018, 03:54:26 pm »

Alright, thanks to the both of you! It gives me some evil ideas for some of my civs...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 08, 2018, 04:54:49 pm »

Another question. df::item::addWear takes three arguments, an int16_t (which I assume is the amount of wear) and two other Booleans. What do these last two arguments mean? I ask because steam-engine.cpp seems to use both the (true, false) and (true, true) combinations, and neither of these seem to actually change the wear value when inspected with lua.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Hetsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 09, 2018, 12:23:49 am »

Is there an attribute or value for a material that can be adjusted that determines how fast it gets damaged? I want to try to make clothes, armor and weapons more durable by at least a magnitude. Especially clothes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 09, 2018, 04:51:39 pm »

I could be totally wrong, but i think clothing wear (as in, degredation from being worn) is hardcoded in terms of the rate; it just matters how long a dwarf has been wearing it. Armor wear is dependent on combat damage based on the armor material vs whatevers hitting it, and the material properties determine that. I think shear strength and impact yield(?) are the important ones there.

You can totally make a plant fiber or something that is as tough as bronze armor, but as clothing it will still wear out.
If you really just dont like the clothing industry, you can also just make reactions that print a suit of clothes for free or something when run. Then just use that every once in a while.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kirby2099

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: December 09, 2018, 06:17:38 pm »

I was wanting to change the combat messages("the severed part flies off in an arc", "...shattering the bone and tearing the muscle", etc), and I was wondering if you can use DnSpy to modify the game. If there is any other way(besides DFhack scripts) please let me know.
!!SCIENCE!! makes everything better, so next time there is fire remember !!fire!! is even better.

Hello, pest control what's your problem?
I have a cat infestation.
Hello? Pest control? hello?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 09, 2018, 07:17:34 pm »

You can edit the game binary directly, using a hex editor. Search for the string and replace it with whatever you want. Put a 0 at the end of the new string.

However, this limits you from changing the string to a longer one. If you want to do that, you could probably add a new .patch section at the end of the binary, filling it with the new strings, then search for all references to the string you want to change using a utility like OllyDbg, then replacing that reference with a reference to the new string in the .patch section. I have little idea about the details of this, though.

kirby2099

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 09, 2018, 07:44:17 pm »

Bloop_bleep, so does it not work with DnSpy, or has it just not been tested? Thank you for your reply, but I don't have any experience with hex editors and not much experience with DF modding in general so I was hoping I could just open the game with DnSpy, change some code and recompile the files, Thank you anyway.
!!SCIENCE!! makes everything better, so next time there is fire remember !!fire!! is even better.

Hello, pest control what's your problem?
I have a cat infestation.
Hello? Pest control? hello?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 09, 2018, 07:50:20 pm »

Apparently dnSpy is a .NET assembly editor, and I do not think DF was created with the .NET framework, so I doubt it will work.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 120