Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174367 times)

fluffyshambler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 12:58:59 am »

Arena fuckery let me change basic butcher-product hair from grey to purple just by changing the material template's STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID tag just fine. Could your special template be getting itself overruled on the creature level?

The format is

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
      [REMOVE_MATERIAL:EYE]
      [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEAL]
      [SELECT_MATERIAL:HAIR]
         [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:wool]
         [YARN]

Does [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE] not override the standard materials? (Also, I realized that CYAN wasn't a valid color token and replaced it with TEAL but that didn't fix the problem)

edit: Nevermind, changed the format to simply change the STATE_COLORs in the creature file and it works now. Thanks for all the suggestions though.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 01:14:31 am by fluffyshambler »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 11:23:36 am »

[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEAL] should have been giving you an error

you need something like [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HAIR_TEAL:HAIR_TEMPLATE]

you can use USE_MATERIAL Which acts like a make NEW_MAT from THIS_MAT

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 03:42:44 pm »

Is there a way to prevent CRAZED civ creatures from showing up as visitors, and emigrating to other civs?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2017, 03:35:50 am »

Open a bug report is my best advice, else its just unintentionally circumstantial of modding.

Its this a creation of your own or a modification of another already [CRAZED] race you modded pre 44.x, they might be looking for artifacts.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:09 pm »

This is more of a general question (as I have forgotten the answer), does DF read files in sub-folders in the raw/objects folder?

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2017, 04:22:00 pm »

This is more of a general question (as I have forgotten the answer), does DF read files in sub-folders in the raw/objects folder?

Nope!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2017, 06:31:47 pm »

Open a bug report is my best advice, else its just unintentionally circumstantial of modding.

Its this a creation of your own or a modification of another already [CRAZED] race you modded pre 44.x, they might be looking for artifacts.
They are mostly showing up as performers in a wave of performers, then the performance troupe turns into a bloodbath.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2017, 07:32:12 pm »

Two questions for the thread here. Firstly: Is it possible to mod in a custom building other than a workshop? Something that gets built like a chair or a table, from the main building menu?

Secondly, more as a side note--I'm also playing around with modding in a new civ, and when I browse through their sites, all of their towns have much smaller populations compared to the other civs. Here's the RAW for them:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...It's something stupid, like giving them cooking as a permitted reaction or something, isn't it?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2017, 07:43:08 pm »

probably should add more Entity tokens to them but [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:8] could be your culprit. Hard to make a SITE explode with people if each one starts with just 8

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »

probably should add more Entity tokens to them but [MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:8] could be your culprit. Hard to make a SITE explode with people if each one starts with just 8
That defines the maximum number of civilizations that are placed for that entity (dwarf, elf, human, etc) in worldgen. 8 is plenty.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2017, 08:11:07 pm »

That defines the maximum number of civilizations that are placed for that entity (dwarf, elf, human, etc) in worldgen. 8 is plenty.

Yeah, the default for that is 3.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 01:02:57 am »

I understand that giving a creature too many castes can cause memory overflow, breaking it. How many can I confidently add before I have to worry about this?

Also, what's the difference between SKILL_LEARN_RATE and SKILL_RATE? The wiki makes it sound like it's a composite of the former and SKILL_RUST_RATE, but that seems oddly redundant and it's not completely clear.  Improvement points? Demotion? Clarification would be much appreciated.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:01 am »

SKILL_LEARN_RATE and SKILL_LEARN_RATES only alter the rate of gain (50 is basically SLOW_LEARNER) but leaves the Unused rate, Rust rate, and Decay rate alone.

SKILL_RATE and SKILL_RATES allow you alter all 4 rates at once.

So lets say you used SKILL_RATES:100:10:8:10 this would set the 4 counters (actually 3 as 100 percent is default) for all skills, you could then say SKILL_LEARN_RATE:MASON:150 so they learn 50% faster for masonry but still have the altered unuse, rust, decay rates as everything else

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2017, 11:08:56 am »

I understand that giving a creature too many castes can cause memory overflow, breaking it. How many can I confidently add before I have to worry about this?
IIRC it's like 300 something

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2017, 03:45:07 pm »

357? I think, Someone is doing a MLP mod and he had something like 700 castes (every fur color a unique cutie mark for each) and after about ~350 the castes after stopped getting their unique settings (or never got loaded)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 120