Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176671 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #210 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:49 pm »

from file changes.txt:

Code: [Select]
[ANIMAL] def for entities
You must use one of the following tags to specify the animal:
[ANIMAL_TOKEN:<token>] -- this ANIMAL def only applies to this one creature
[ANIMAL_CASTE_TOKEN:<token>] -- this ANIMAL def only applies to this caste (requires ANIMAL_TOKEN)
[ANIMAL_CLASS:<class>] -- this ANIMAL def only applies to castes with all of these classes
[ANIMAL_FORBIDDEN_CLASS:<class>] -- forbid castes with any of these classes
Sites with populations of animals will have all castes, but only use the specified castes for roles like mount.
The following tags override creature tags.  If a caste matches two ANIMAL defs, ALWAYS prevails over NEVER.
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] -- without this tag, the animal will only be present if found in the environment
[ANIMAL_NEVER_MOUNT] -- overrides MOUNT and MOUNT_EXOTIC (either normally triggers mount role)
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_MOUNT]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_WAGON_PULLER] -- overrides WAGON_PULLER
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_WAGON_PULLER]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_SIEGE] -- overrides TRAINABLE_WAR + not CAN_LEARN
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PET] -- overrides PET and PET_EXOTIC (either normally triggers pet role)
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
[ANIMAL_NEVER_PACK_ANIMAL] -- overrides PACK_ANIMAL
[ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK_ANIMAL]

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: January 03, 2018, 09:44:48 am »

What creature token determines if a creature might arrive as a visitor in your fort?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 03, 2018, 10:34:51 am »

Probably just CAN_LEARN or CAN_SPEAK, possibly both. Likely requires entity attachment, but I'm not sure.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 03, 2018, 04:40:55 pm »

I want to make a mod with chaos\dark dwarves. Dwarven entity and creature raw is easy for modding, but I want to make their with a memorable feature. In this connection, the question.

Hypothetical question.

Is it possible to make a domestic creature that performs task of carrying\hauling. I know that there is a mod to expand the role of plumphelmet man, but  there as I remember there is no hauling.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2018, 04:47:59 pm »

Is it possible to make a domestic creature that performs task of carrying\hauling.
No, they need to be civ-members. There are ways with dfhack to spawn new civ-members, which could be triggered in a workshop.

So you build a modded workshop, run a modded reaction, and it spawns you new hauler. It would also be able to do other labors.

The only job that a pet would do is fishing. It's a weird fluke, but intelligent pets with natural fishing skill will go and fish for you.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 03, 2018, 04:59:21 pm »

The only job that a pet would do is fishing. It's a weird fluke, but intelligent pets with natural fishing skill will go and fish for you.
It's already something) But apparently I will have to stop on training for hunting and war.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 03, 2018, 05:33:11 pm »

What creature token determines if a creature might arrive as a visitor in your fort?
Probably just CAN_LEARN or CAN_SPEAK, possibly both. Likely requires entity attachment, but I'm not sure.

Neither actually as it is handled by [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] which isn't particularly discriminatory to whether the creature is fullly intelligent or not before giving them a occupation like mercenary or bard. No economic requirement, just travelling distance and whether the creature has been seeded into the civilisation correctly like the local populations of animal people in which there is a minor distribution of at worldstart with this tag.

Im not sure what exactly causes drifts of 1 type of creature to more commonly inhabit a civilisation other than local multi layer biomes, but i've noticed vermin types & predators tend to naturally lean towards evil civilisations though i have no further proof of that rather than my own observation from making these civs playable and looking through adventure mode lists, a lack of agriculture in dark towers might have affected this outcome.

Dunmeris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2018, 01:35:01 pm »

Is there any way to change the titles of bandit leaders by civ/race? For one thing, "chieftain" doesn't necessarily fit all cultures; likewise for "chieftess" (which also sounds really fucking stupid). I'd like to be able to call the bandit leaders for a few of my human civs (the Euro ones namely) "robber knights" or "robber barons."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2018, 02:03:02 pm »

Bandit leadership roles are procedural, so no way to edit them, unfortunately.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2018, 03:58:25 pm »

Bandit leadership roles are procedural, so no way to edit them, unfortunately.
Excepting DFHack. It shouldn't be too hard to rig up a script that edits bandit positions according to entity type.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

burrito25man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:50 pm »

How would one go about to reference procedurally generated divine materials with dfhack? I want to create items with them, but I am not sure how to go about finding the necessary tags if they exist, or if you can input them manually if they do not.

Thanks!
It's a slippery slope.  You start out modding, then move on to hard DFHacking, and next thing you know you're making your own games...

LUA Script: Workaround for butchering Sentients
 - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165414.0

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 05, 2018, 09:03:00 pm »

As i am running a fort that has a special situation, i am wondering if modding could help there.

I have a militia captain that has been bitten by a werebeaver just before the beast died from axekilling.
So i decided to try to have this werebeast in waiting to go on missions instead of staying in my fort and either dying from an "accident" or if left alone create a fort-wide disaster with the infection that would certainly spread after some more full moons and bitting.

But there's a problem, when a squad (that werebeaver in waiting has been isolated into a 1 dwarf squad) returns from a mission, the game does not pause.
So when you're working on something that involve lot of message spam, the returning message can often be missed and in that case it can lead to a serious problem if i do not know that special dwarf is back and is walking around my fort.

I imagine it would involve the announcements.txt and change whatever it is currently to
:BOX, so the message would popup and pause the game.
But i do not see an entry related to returning from mission , the new 44.x entries are
      [AMBUSH_HERO:A_D:D_D:BOX:P:R]
      [RUMOR_SPREAD:A_D:D_D]
      [SERVICE_ORDER_RUMOR_RECEIVED:A_D:D_D]
      [RETURNING_RUMOR_RECEIVED:A_D:D_D]
But none is related if i add :BOX i still have the same problem, the game tells the returned message without a pause, so it is easy to miss.

Is there something else i can do or is it simply not possible ?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »

How would one go about to reference procedurally generated divine materials with dfhack? I want to create items with them, but I am not sure how to go about finding the necessary tags if they exist, or if you can input them manually if they do not.

Thanks!
You'll want to filter for all materials with the [DIVINE] tag.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2018, 03:05:56 am »

To be exact, it's
df.global.world.raws.inorganics[x].flags.DIVINE
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 10:07:21 pm by Putnam »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2018, 07:18:20 pm »

Even easier to just use the gui/hack-wish interface which grabs those lists already.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 120