Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174365 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #690 on: July 10, 2018, 11:01:08 am »

The affected creature tag should add that caste/creature to the list of valid targets, but not restrict other targets if there are more defined like a creature class or a second or third species.

What can be sacrificed is up to you, but goats are popular eh?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PresidentFord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 10, 2018, 09:42:44 pm »

Is there any way to modify the campfire that you can create in adventure mode/find near camped armies?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 10, 2018, 10:41:24 pm »

Nope.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 11, 2018, 02:00:48 am »

can anyone confirm if i got the GAIT right?

[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_X_GAITS:SPEED(LF):BUILDUP(LF):ENERGY(LF):SLOWED(LF):STRENGTH(HF):AGILITY(HF):STEALTH(LF)] template
LF = lower is faster
HF = higher is faster

example:
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:675:450:225:1900:2900:(MISSING)]

the descriptions given by the wiki doesn't really match whats used in the creature files.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 02:02:33 am by EpicMadness »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 11, 2018, 02:30:34 am »

From c_variation_default:

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS]
GAIT:type:name:full speed:build up time:turning max:start speed:energy use
use NO_BUILD_UP if you jump immediately to full speed
these optional flags go at the end:
LAYERS_SLOW - fat/muscle layers slow the movement (muscle-slowing counter-acted by strength bonus)
STRENGTH - strength attribute can speed/slow movement
AGILITY - agility attribute can speed/slow movement
STEALTH_SLOWS:<n> - n is percentage slowed
it would be interesting to allow quirky attributes (like mental stats), but they aren't supported yet
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Sprint:!ARG4:10:3:!ARG2:50:LAYERS_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH_SLOWS:50]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Run:!ARG3:5:3:!ARG2:10:LAYERS_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH_SLOWS:20]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Jog:!ARG2:NO_BUILD_UP:5:LAYERS_SLOW:STRENGTH:AGILITY:STEALTH_SLOWS:10]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Walk:!ARG1:NO_BUILD_UP:0]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Stroll:!ARG5:NO_BUILD_UP:0]
[CV_NEW_TAG:GAIT:WALK:Creep:!ARG6:NO_BUILD_UP:0]

so it's APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:walk speed:jog speed:run speed:sprint speed:stroll speed:creep speed

lower is faster for all of them

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 11, 2018, 03:21:17 am »

oh so it was a call token!
i should've checked the other files.

edit: on a side note, should the "gait" token be moved to variation token?

edit2: i just noticed that wiki says [FREQUENCY] is capped to 100, is this true?
also theres the [CHANGE_FREQUENCY_PERC] token that can multiply frequency, can this be used to exceed the 100 base-limit?
frequency at 100 doesn't necessarily make it appear 100% of the time, its split between other spawns.

on a side note, how do i make plants/creatures spawn anywhere with near 100% probability?
also, can grasses have seeds? farming grasses sounds like a good dorfy challenge.

edit3: [CHANGE_FREQUENCY_PERC] doesn't work on plants, errorlog says its not recognized.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:53:26 am by EpicMadness »

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 13, 2018, 12:38:02 am »

How would you make !!FUN!! sites visible on map? The kind that has fun creatures inside.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 13, 2018, 02:03:22 am »

do you mean on worldgen? i think they're marked as ruins.

------------------------

is this reaction necessary to gather fruits from trees/shrubs? i can't seem to gather growths without it.
but then why doesn't some plants with growths have this entry?

[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:BAG_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:{ID}:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:{ID}]

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 05:49:05 am by EpicMadness »

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 13, 2018, 01:15:59 pm »

do you mean on worldgen? i think they're marked as ruins.

------------------------

is this reaction necessary to gather fruits from trees/shrubs? i can't seem to gather growths without it.
but then why doesn't some plants with growths have this entry?

[ITEM_REACTION_PRODUCT:BAG_ITEM:PLANT_GROWTH:{ID}:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:{ID}]
Oh they're marked as ruins? I didn't know that.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 13, 2018, 04:18:48 pm »

I don't believe you can make Vaults or Lairs visible. Best way is to use Legends mode or when you are in Fortress Mode to find Vaults (since they contain slabs). Lair's can be found through Legends Mode or it being revealed by Adventure Mode.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Orbotosh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 13, 2018, 05:45:56 pm »

Is there a utility that makes position modding tolerable?
It's a buyers market. The author writes what sells, catering to the lowly demands of uneducated masses. In this case, apparently, charioteers.
Can we get migrant sponge cooks, a squid for bookkeeper, a starfish peasants, squirrel mechanics, vermin invaders, and cook roast crab meats? 

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 13, 2018, 06:16:07 pm »

So apparently I learned that ITEMCORPSE is limited to only 1 item for each creature.. or is there a way to have multiple drops for a single creature?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 13, 2018, 06:46:45 pm »

So apparently I learned that ITEMCORPSE is limited to only 1 item for each creature.. or is there a way to have multiple drops for a single creature?
I just use a reaction to turn the ITEMCORPSE into multiple items.

Be aware that pets and intelligent creatures drop ITEMCORPSEs with the dead_dwarf flag on, which will stop you from using them in reactions.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 13, 2018, 07:24:42 pm »

You can use extra butcher objects, and just let the player butcher the corpse for globs of useless whatever plus those butcher objects, but i could never come up with any better way tbh.

Is there a utility that makes position modding tolerable?

I dont know if one exists explicitly for entity positions, but theres several loosely relevant ones on the community mods and utilities list in the modding utilities section like raw explorer and maybe df entity editor.

If theres something specific that isnt working the way you thought it would, then let us know
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 13, 2018, 10:46:23 pm »

EBO works, but it needs to be butchered, it won't work with the [NOT_BUTCHERABLE] tag.

---------------------

for some inexplicable reason a certain pet of mine has it's eggs have a value of 1000...
now i got these extremely luxurious eggs that literally screams "I'M GOLDEN ADAMANTINEN!"...

edit: what the hell, i found out why.
apparently using this with adamantine (or any valuable material for that matter) adds towards the egg's value.
[TISSUE_LAYER_OVER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:{TISSUE ID}]

so if anyone of you guys wants to make a literal golden goose that lays golden eggs, just define a tissue as gold material and use TISSUE_LAYER_OVER to coat it ALL in gold.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 11:54:47 am by EpicMadness »
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 120