Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176580 times)

Eктωρ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2018, 06:23:32 pm »

But they do gather all the parts, there's no cancellations happening, it just takes forever to assemble.
Ektor is in a constant state of internal rage

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: October 11, 2018, 10:25:24 pm »

Is it possible to specify a type of corpse for a reagent? Been working on a Dragon Scale idea to where they would be able to take a corpse of a dragon and custom reagent butcher the corpse for the scales.. but I cant seem to get it right

Edit:nvm! used a different idea with mats

2nd Edit: Nevermind.. ;-;..

Well I got it working, created a new tissue and material for dragon scales (will replace the vanilla and moded dragons scales to the new one once I get this to work properly...

but then I realize.. when a dwarf takes the skin of a creature and tans it, the product comes out as a leather material item... but how would I make it specify my new material if its not leather?

(vanilla reaction)
[REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
   [NAME:tan a hide]
   [BUILDING:TANNER:CUSTOM_T]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:TAN_MAT]
   [SKILL:TANNER]    ^ assuming this forces the product into the [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:LEATHER_TEMPLATE]
   [AUTOMATIC]

[REACTION:REFINE_DRAGON_SCALE]
   [NAME:refine a dragon scale]
   [BUILDING:TANNER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN]
      [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRAGONSCALE_MAT]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:no idea what item token to define here...:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:DRAGONSCALE_MAT]
   [SKILL:TANNER]
   [AUTOMATIC]

not surehow to make it define the new [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:HARDENED_DRAGON_SCALE_TEMPLATE] for the dragon scales... is there anything im missing or should I just have the product just have it turned into bars of some kind? Would of been kinda cool to see "Cave dragon scale chainmail" instead of it just being "dragon scale chainmail"... unless someone knows an idea ima still keep experimenting

3rd Edit: After reviewing the http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Skin page, It gave me an idea, but the one thing I was first worried about that this idea gives me is that I don't want the new scales to be used for normal leather making... I just want the dragon scales to be used for a couple of unique types of armor...

4th Edit: im going insane trying to learn this

5th Edit: went insane, and caved-in and just decided to make multiple new bars as a product for the dragon scales.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:41:50 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Grelka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: October 16, 2018, 08:23:01 am »

Hi all,

I am currently working on a mod centered around a civilization that uses primarily two handed weapons, I saw during my research that apparently there is a bug that causes dwarfs to be unable to wield two handed weapons due to the size of the weapon, is this bug entirely isolated to dwarfs (due to their size) or is this a problem with any and all races in fortress mode?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: October 16, 2018, 11:04:48 am »

Its dwarfs, or anything around its size or lower... its a bit of a bug Tarn needs to fix sadly.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Grelka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: October 16, 2018, 11:47:11 am »

Its dwarfs, or anything around its size or lower... its a bit of a bug Tarn needs to fix sadly.

So just to clarify, if the entity I was creating was the size of a human would that mean that this particular bug will not affect them?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: October 16, 2018, 12:10:27 pm »

Yeah, that's at least what I have noticed for my mod. Human+ size can use bigger weapons. Not sure what the exact Body Size would need to be for it to work truthfully.

Grelka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: October 16, 2018, 12:28:49 pm »

Yeah, that's at least what I have noticed for my mod. Human+ size can use bigger weapons. Not sure what the exact Body Size would need to be for it to work truthfully.

Gotcha, thanks for the heads up :)

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: October 16, 2018, 01:13:22 pm »

Hi all,

I am currently working on a mod centered around a civilization that uses primarily two handed weapons, I saw during my research that apparently there is a bug that causes dwarfs to be unable to wield two handed weapons due to the size of the weapon, is this bug entirely isolated to dwarfs (due to their size) or is this a problem with any and all races in fortress mode?

The bug is not about the TWO_HANDED tag, it's about the MINIMUN_SIZE tag - it does not check the exact creature's size and always assumes the average (for dwarves it's 60000). Thus, the dwarves will never be able to equip weapons of [MINIMUN_SIZE:61000] or higher (not sure about the values between 60000 and 61000 though), even if a particular dwarf is bigger than average; similarly, even an unusually small dwarf will be perfectly able to equip a weapon of [MINIMUN_SIZE:60000] or lower.
This bug does not apply to the TWO_HANDED tag - the individual size check seems to work just fine for it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:15:50 pm by Sver »
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

NebulaWalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: October 16, 2018, 05:07:06 pm »

So I've been struggling with an idea for about a week now about a special creature.

I wanted to create a unique creature that would basically grow a unique gem that would be shearable and regrow. My problem is that no matter what I do I can't figure out a way to get that to work. I was wondering if anyone could help in that regard.

I know that I can just make a gem be an extra butcher object, I have a few creatures that do that, I was just hoping that I could make it shearable for this particular creature and any help with that would be very much appreciated. Is it even possible to make it so a creature produces gems upon being sheared?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: October 16, 2018, 07:00:43 pm »

No, shearing always produces a miscellaneous body component composed of the shorn tissue, so even though you could readily make it a gem material wise, it would still come out as a body component.
You could however use another unique material with a material reaction product and process it in a reaction to make a gemstone.

You could also use lays_unusual_egg to make them lay a gemstone every once in a while, while still having them give live birth by giving them no other egg related tokens.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: October 16, 2018, 08:10:00 pm »

I'm trying to troubleshoot some modded armor I've been playing around with. I think I may be running out of layer size, but because of backpacks I'm not sure. The wiki says that backpacks and quivers take up layer size, but it never says how much. Backpacks don't have their own wiki entry, and I can't find them in the raws--are they hardcoded? What's the layer size of a backpack or quiver?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: October 18, 2018, 10:48:41 am »

If they don't show up on wiki, id say ur best possibility would be to experiment with other armors just to see what the limit of the layer size would be to wear the backpack till you cant anymore, then that would be size of it lol

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: October 18, 2018, 12:05:58 pm »

I agree with Fatace. It would be handy to use a non-SHAPED body clothing with some small LAYER_SIZE value, like 5 or even less, for better results.

I'd also like to point out that an average player's militia-dwarf in vanilla wears a breastplate, a robe/cloak/dress and a mail shirt or two, which gives up to 70 layer-units in total and still doesn't seem to cause any problems with wearing a backpack.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: October 19, 2018, 09:26:59 am »

Im feeling rusty at the RAW aspect of the game, i remember a while back that were-creatures when butchered (long story, might have been DFhackrelated but it was using a script to set to dead-dwarf=false) dropped a entirely different non defined edible meat product when butchered in were form.

Would there be a way to make Troll meat specifically inedible (materially), as to dissasuade things & people in worldgen eating it and what kind of extension of RAW modding would i need to do. (bodyplan & tissues i assume)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #884 on: October 19, 2018, 04:54:31 pm »

Could not find extracted in-the-executable raws of backpack anywhere. Anyone got a link to executable's raws?
hardcoded water & salt & amber etc. raws at http://www.dfwk.ru/Hardcoded_materials.txt

Would there be a way to make Troll meat specifically inedible (materially), as to dissasuade things & people in worldgen eating it and what kind of extension of RAW modding would i need to do. (bodyplan & tissues i assume)
Yup! Material has tags.
Make Trolls use a new TROLLMUSCLE material, one that lacks the edible tags and MEAT tag.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and in the creature, [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:TROLL_MATERIALS] that you created as a materials list, or just a pile of ADD_MATERIAL commands inside the creature.
Similar to how bronze colossus is made of bronze and gargoyle skin is marble.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:02:26 pm by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 120