Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174393 times)

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #900 on: October 29, 2018, 06:25:00 pm »

Grrrr.... kinda disappointed but bleh thanks for letting me know!
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 29, 2018, 06:49:14 pm »

Grrrr.... kinda disappointed but bleh thanks for letting me know!
Yeah, I spent about 3 hours trying to track down the same problem in my mod before figuring it out.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #902 on: October 31, 2018, 06:05:43 pm »

Are the LAIR_HUNTER and LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH tokens caste-level, or do they get applied to all castes?

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 31, 2018, 06:50:07 pm »

Are the LAIR_HUNTER and LAIR_HUNTER_SPEECH tokens caste-level, or do they get applied to all castes?
I did a quick bit of poking around with gui/gm-editor, and both of those are stored on the caste level in the creature RAW data structure.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 15, 2018, 12:13:25 pm »

Something that I've recently thought of, havnt tested this yet, but more of an idea...

for adventure mode, would it be possible to create reactions allowing you to make weapons and armor out of divine material/bars?

I would assume it would be possible since in DFhack they show up as DIVINE_1 thru DIVINE_19.. or 20 idr lol, but you would
think you could just do multiple duplicate reactions for each divine metal as such:
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:DIVINE_1]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:DIVINE_2]
ect...

but then theres the fact that upon world generation, not all divine metals are in the world, and theres only roughly 10 out of 20..

so the question leads me to this... if I were to make a new file for making divine gear in adventure mode... would the game
crash in anyway for the reactions where the divine metal doesn't exist? if the reactions show up for Frosty Metal, but it doesn't exsist in a current would, it would just show "player doesn't have the item needed" instead of crashing?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:28:58 pm by Fatace »
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:33 pm »

In fort mode when you make reactions which reference things that don't exist, they simply accept anything instead.  Assuming adv mode has the same behavior, and you create a reaction to make a sword from a bar of metal that doesn't exist and take the sword's material properties from that bar of metal, then that reaction would accept any type of bar and would make a sword of whatever material it was given.

A much less clunky way of going about this would be to make reactions that take any bar of material with [ITEMS_METAL] and spit out whatever items you want.  The downside is that you will be able to do things like make lead swords, but frankly that isn't a big deal given that anything you make out of inappropriate metals is going to be on par with or inferior to weapon grade metal gear.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 15, 2018, 08:53:13 pm »

In fort mode when you make reactions which reference things that don't exist, they simply accept anything instead.  Assuming adv mode has the same behavior, and you create a reaction to make a sword from a bar of metal that doesn't exist and take the sword's material properties from that bar of metal, then that reaction would accept any type of bar and would make a sword of whatever material it was given.

A much less clunky way of going about this would be to make reactions that take any bar of material with [ITEMS_METAL] and spit out whatever items you want.  The downside is that you will be able to do things like make lead swords, but frankly that isn't a big deal given that anything you make out of inappropriate metals is going to be on par with or inferior to weapon grade metal gear.

Yeah, but when I do with what you suggested, I would have to set it to only 1 bar instead of multiple bars, because from what I've noticed is that when there is no specified metal within the reagent, it allows you to choose random bars...

As in, if I wanted to make a iron 2h sword that costs 4 bars, all I would need to do is use 1 iron bar, and the other 3 could be any other bar...

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 16, 2018, 03:06:25 am »

for adventure mode, would it be possible to create reactions allowing you to make weapons and armor out of divine material/bars?

I would assume it would be possible since in DFhack they show up as DIVINE_1 thru DIVINE_19.. or 20 idr lol, but you would
think you could just do multiple duplicate reactions for each divine metal as such:
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:DIVINE_1]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:DIVINE_2]
ect...

but then theres the fact that upon world generation, not all divine metals are in the world, and theres only roughly 10 out of 20..

so the question leads me to this... if I were to make a new file for making divine gear in adventure mode... would the game
crash in anyway for the reactions where the divine metal doesn't exist? if the reactions show up for Frosty Metal, but it doesn't exsist in a current would, it would just show "player doesn't have the item needed" instead of crashing?
It's INORGANIC:DIVINE_1 through INORGANIC:DIVINE_20, and all of them exist. It's just that the even numbers are divine cloth.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 16, 2018, 10:46:24 pm »

Yeah, soon after last post I double checked wiki and realized that..

Hmm... from what I can tell, upon world gen, DIVINE_1/3/5/7/9/11/13/15/17/19 are selected randomly based off a pool from the metals listed.. so if I were to make a set of reactions for weapons/armor for them I would need to set it to those numbers only.. but.. that would awkwardly leaving me to do this for the reaction name/descriptions:

[REACTION:MAKE_DIVINE_1_LARGEDAGGER_ADV]
   [NAME:make a <???> large dagger]

Divine Metal 1?
Divine Set 1?

Yeah.. lol would be kinda annoying trying to figure out which set of divine metal it belongs too when making something..

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 20, 2018, 11:49:16 am »

So you know how evil grass can have eyes, can I do that for modded plants?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 20, 2018, 12:16:06 pm »

Yeah you should be able to. Just look at their raws.

I think its normal plant tissue that is called eyes and uses flashing tiles of o's

@fatace; you should be able to borrow the inorganic information from the save with dfhack or something and either make your own divine metals or use dfhack to edit the names of the reactions?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:33:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 20, 2018, 12:21:31 pm »

I wasn't aware they HAD raws, I assumed they were hard-coded

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 20, 2018, 12:37:58 pm »

Yeah theyre in the grass plants file iirc

It might be plants_standard too
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 20, 2018, 10:34:13 pm »

Noticed something odd.. while on my longtestplaythrough, I seem to be crashing every time I attempt to load a lair, shrine, cave of any sort in the glacier biome, this wasn't an issue before... so my through was to check through things, and I think I have found the issue, but I assumed this wouldn't cause an issue..

recently I added dyeable logs to my mod, and just made a dyed tree for every colour, and just set them to glacier biome with the frequency to 0, so I honestly expected them to never ever spawn no matter what.... but could this still be causing the issue regaurdless? Nothing else plant wise is set in the glacier biome.. I can roam the glacier fine, just upon loading specific areas causes this crash.

[OBJECT:PLANT]

[PLANT:BLACK_DYE_WOOD]
   [NAME:black dyed wood][NAME_PLURAL:black dyed woods][ADJ:black dyed wood]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STRUCTURAL:STRUCTURAL_PLANT_TEMPLATE]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:0]
   [BASIC_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:STRUCTURAL]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:WOOD:WOOD_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:black dyed wood]
      [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:black dyed wood]
      [PREFIX:NONE]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLACK]
      [DISPLAY_COLOR:0:0:0]
      [SOLID_DENSITY:600]
   [TREE:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:WOOD][TREE_TILE:6]
   [TREE_HAS_MUSHROOM_CAP]
   [CAP_PERIOD:30]
   [CAP_RADIUS:3]
   [TRUNK_PERIOD:20]
   [MAX_TRUNK_HEIGHT:1]
   [MAX_TRUNK_DIAMETER:3]
   [TRUNK_WIDTH_PERIOD:200]
   [STANDARD_TILE_NAMES]
   [PREFSTRING:dyed color]
   [TREE_COLOR:0:0:0]
   [DEAD_TREE_COLOR:0:0:0]
   [SAPLING_COLOR:0:0:0]
   [DEAD_SAPLING_COLOR:0:0:1]
   [DRY]
   [BIOME:GLACIER]
   [FREQUENCY:0]

I just double checked on Wiki for Plant tokens...

"FREQUENCY - freq (0-100)

How frequently this plant is generated in a particular area. Defaults to 50. Plants with valid biome tokens and [FREQUENCY:0] will not grow in the wild, but will still be available for entity use and farm plots. "

Could "entity use" be causing this issue?

Edit: I just checked with Fortress Mode, and it still crashes upon loading the area.. *sigh*

Time to learn and find out what is wrong and to fix it. RIP my good adventure mode story tho ;-;
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 02:16:08 pm by Fatace »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 21, 2018, 06:32:05 pm »

Hey, about plugin_onupdate, how often is it run? I though it was every game tick, but for some reason it appears to be run even while the game is paused.

EDIT: Additionally, how do I bind a certain function to run upon a building being completed? I tried hooking df::building::setBuildStage, but apparently that's not actually called by the game...

Or am I wrong about that and I'm just hooking it wrong?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:10:20 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 120