Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 174357 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #990 on: January 24, 2019, 06:18:23 pm »

Slight clarification, the xp earned is per product, so a reaction that produces a great deal of boil away boulders can give a lot of experience in a very short time.

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 30, 2019, 01:30:53 am »

What's up, my Urists

I'm having luck with some psionic powers I'm working on, but I've finding them a bit difficult to test.

Question 1: How can I tell if this is even working?
For example, one set of powers causes people to feel emotions, like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So when I use it in the arena, however, I find that my (u) -> (z) -> (z) info is less than useful:

Question 2: A psionic sleep attack and paralysis attack have unexpected and weird results:

It makes sense to me that Psychic Dwarf 1 would use paralysis and sleep in immediate succession, because they both have the same cooldown time. However, the fact that Psychic Dwarf 2 "blacks out" then immediately uses a power (with nothing in between) seems to indicate that psychic dwarf 2 did not actually black out. The interaction being used is nearly identical to the one above, except for the very last line, which is this:

...upon typing this out, I realize that my peak is not the same as my start. hm. I'll change that and get back to Urists. HOWEVER, I also am starting to think that the units of time might not be what I thought; the wait time on all powers is 60, but they are happening much more often than every sixty actions taken (i think).

3. What are the units of time used in DF?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 30, 2019, 11:46:15 am »

What's up, my Urists

I'm having luck with some psionic powers I'm working on, but I've finding them a bit difficult to test.

Question 1: How can I tell if this is even working?

So when I use it in the arena, however, I find that my (u) -> (z) -> (z) info is less than useful:

Question 2: A psionic sleep attack and paralysis attack have unexpected and weird results:

It makes sense to me that Psychic Dwarf 1 would use paralysis and sleep in immediate succession, because they both have the same cooldown time. However, the fact that Psychic Dwarf 2 "blacks out" then immediately uses a power (with nothing in between) seems to indicate that psychic dwarf 2 did not actually black out. The interaction being used is nearly identical to the one above, except for the very last line, which is this:

...upon typing this out, I realize that my peak is not the same as my start. hm. I'll change that and get back to Urists. HOWEVER, I also am starting to think that the units of time might not be what I thought; the wait time on all powers is 60, but they are happening much more often than every sixty actions taken (i think).

3. What are the units of time used in DF?
1) You'll likely need to possess the creature in arena to find out.

2) Drowsiness does not cause uncounciousness immediately, it merely increases the counter that leads to a creature needing to sleep. Try uncouncious effect instead. Further, the end time you set is incredibly short.

3) Read this
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

that_eye

• Bay Watcher
  • admires eyeballs for their looks
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: January 30, 2019, 09:54:41 pm »

Thanks Teneb, I appreciate it!

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 31, 2019, 02:13:38 pm »

[INTERACTION:EMOTION_BLISS]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
      [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOT_LIVING]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOTHOUGHT]
      [IT_FORBIDDEN:NOEMOTION]
      [IT_MANUAL_INPUT:target]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
      [IE_TARGET:A]
      [IE_IMMEDIATE]
      [IE_ARENA_NAME:emotion]
      [SYNDROME]
      [SYN_CLASS:EMOTION]
         [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:BLISS:START:0:END:15]
Give it a high SEV modifier and a much longer duration, like [CE_FEEL_EMOTION:EMOTION:BLISS:SEV:500:START:0:END:15000]
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

CoppaMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 02, 2019, 11:11:45 am »

Hi everyone

Is was playing around with the entity_default.txt to try and create new entities but I ran into one particular issue:

When setting the CREATURE token to something like BEAR_BLACK_MAN the units will gather the wood but then refuse to put it onto the wood stockpile.
I started out with a copy of the dwarf entity and only changed the name and the creature.

Does anyone know how to make them drop their hauled items?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 02, 2019, 12:00:02 pm »

Black bear man should have all their joints appropriate, it's defined in the animal-person template, so id recommend checking you dont have any other modifications up just as a careful precaution.

Refuse to put the logs down as in physically incapable of putting them down or just a stockpile issue? (o) orders can control groups of materials to not be hauled. As can checking the stockpile actually accepts wood and is open to accepting any wood.

For more game rather than modding advice, forbid the logs in the bears hands by going to v - i (select unit & inventory, navigate down the list until you find the hauled log, and hit forbid over it) and see if they drop them. In theory just setting black bear men shouldn't do anything wierd contrary to what you're asking.

Fish Preferred

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes salmon for their taste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 02, 2019, 02:01:41 pm »

You wouldn't by any chance have given black bears the [PACK_ANIMAL] token, would you? Because that would be deeply offensive to our species Because pack animals aren't able to drop hauled objects, and [CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON] doesn't remove that.
Knowledge is not as simple as having the right answers. Knowledge is a way of finding them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 02, 2019, 02:24:21 pm »

It also doesnt remove any of the curious_beast_x tags, which black bears are "guzzlers" iirc, and that might prevent them from dropping items, maybe? I know i gave bears the pack animal token and now when elven caravans leave it says they stole all the items on the bears inventory.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CoppaMan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 02, 2019, 03:22:11 pm »

@Fish Preferred Don't worry, no bears were harmed. The only changes I made were the ones mentioned in my last post. I re-downloaded the latest df version from the main site and edited those two vars to make sure nothing else interferes.

@FantasticDorf After I cut down a tree and then placed a wood stockpile they would go pick up the logs and immediately walk back to the wagon, still firmly holding the logs in their hands to idle there. Neither marking the logs as forbidden nor dumping gets rid of them. I can build a carpentry workshop and make beds as long as someone who isn't already carrying wood does it. So it seems to only involve tasks for storing items in stockpiles.

@Eric Blank It does affect all of the other bears as well, I'll go ahead and try to remove the curious_beast tags and report back.
Edit: Removing both CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER and CURIOUSBEAST_EATER wont do it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:50:38 pm by CoppaMan »

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: February 11, 2019, 06:04:16 pm »

So something has always bugged me while working on my mod... it doesn't seem like any other Civ besides the dwarves want to start economical settlements with the current fortress that I would be playing in. With dwarfs, after about 2-3 years (assuming im not in a unusual area), settlements would pop up and be economically linked to me, helping towards barony, ect... But this doesn't seem to want to happen with any other race, even if its the same type of entity as dwarves...

would any certain tags be related to this issue or is it due to odd placement of my fortresses?
Examples: I have made a fortress with 1 civ in the tundra and nothing appeared near me..  Another was a Evil civ in a evil biome.. and another was in a biome that the civ isn't used to settling in.. ect.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1001 on: February 12, 2019, 04:54:21 am »

Would like an answer to that one too, I've noticed I haven't been getting economic links either or sites forming near mine.

Hiarhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: February 12, 2019, 10:30:06 am »

Hello fellow dwarves I hope someone can help me. I know pretty much nothing about modding but I was wondering if it would be possible to somehow create a custom reaction to make a building generate a book containing the secrets of life and death. If someone can tell me if that can be done and maybe point me in the right direction to figure out how it would be greatly appreciated.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:10 am »

I honestly dont think that is possible without dfhack. I would love to be able to do it myself as well.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:00 pm »

So something has always bugged me while working on my mod... it doesn't seem like any other Civ besides the dwarves want to start economical settlements with the current fortress that I would be playing in. With dwarfs, after about 2-3 years (assuming im not in a unusual area), settlements would pop up and be economically linked to me, helping towards barony, ect... But this doesn't seem to want to happen with any other race, even if its the same type of entity as dwarves...

would any certain tags be related to this issue or is it due to odd placement of my fortresses?
Examples: I have made a fortress with 1 civ in the tundra and nothing appeared near me..  Another was a Evil civ in a evil biome.. and another was in a biome that the civ isn't used to settling in.. ect.

@Fatace
@ZM5
Does adding [SETTLEMENT_BIOME:FOO] to your entities work?
Not here at the moment
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 120