Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 176624 times)

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you apply weapon tokens to instruments? also, can you use any skill when a skill token is asked for?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes,the subtype aka caste was missing.

Beware that if no eligible creatures are around, even civ members that are usually not allowed can be elected to the position. It's perfectly fine with appointed positions, but the last time I had nobles with caste restrictions, the elections allowed anyone.

Turns out fixing the caste didnt fix the problem. I still got a human slave "pet" as nobility

I wonder if giving the site "expedition leader" an appointment by king would fix this issue? but then of course the king might still have it.

EDIT nope that completely broke the position  lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:47:19 am by brolol.404 »

Caphoras

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hello Urists,

I'm trying to create a custom reaction for encrusting weapons with gems. I have found a couple of reddit posts detailing the custom reaction, though I can't seem to get it to work. I've added the following reaction to the reaction_other raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and added the [PERMITTED_REACTION:ENCRUST_WEAPON] tag to the entity_default file, under the [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN] section. However, the reaction does not show at a craftsdwarf workshop. After skimming through the wiki and reading the custom Reaction entry, I found that "Most entity changes require a regen, but adding PERMITTED_REACTION tokens for reactions that existed at the time of world generation to the entity file in the save directory do not.".

Is there a way to get around that? I've grown attached to my dorfs and fortress.

Thanks for you help fellow Urists!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I think with DFhack there's a command that lets you add crafting recipes that your civ normally does not have, that said I dont know if it'd work with a reaction that was added to an active save. Otherwise, no, there aren't really ways to get around things that require a regen.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos

Can you apply weapon tokens to instruments? also, can you use any skill when a skill token is asked for?
Don't think so. a reaction product, an item, belongs to either WEAPON or INSTRUMENT. Otherwise could have "two-handed sword rock pot flute" that stores food and is a great sword-flute.

You can add a bayonet-stab to crossbows though:
Because the code won't allow carrying a dagger and a crossbow.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 06:51:08 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Caphoras

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I think with DFhack there's a command that lets you add crafting recipes that your civ normally does not have, that said I dont know if it'd work with a reaction that was added to an active save. Otherwise, no, there aren't really ways to get around things that require a regen.

Thank you for your help!

I got it to work by editing the recipe for creating clay statues.
I cannot produce any clay statues now, but my dorfs can encrust weapons now.

Another question:
Is there a way to edit recipes like "Make bone greaves, Make bone helm, Make bone Amulet"?
I can't seem to find them in the raws. Are those hard-coded?

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I added a creature class, but still no luck with it. The human slaves are still getting the "expedition leader" position. I am not sure why [ALLOWED_CREATURE] AND [ALLOWED_CLASS] aren't doing anything.

Spoiler: goblin creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: human slave creature (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: position (click to show/hide)

Is [CAN_LEARN] what allows a creature to hold a position? Why do trolls not hold positions in vanilla DF? Could it be the [PET] tag I added to human slaves? I didn't give the goblin entity the normal [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] because I would have to edit the vanilla creature file to give trolls a [PET_VALUE] (so they don't cost 1 embark point).

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TomiTapio, thanks.
Also, I have  two more questions:
Can you give multiple  tool use tokens to a tool?
How can you make a weapon that requires a certain material to be made?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Problems
Try removing can_learn. Slow_learner should work on it's own without that.
It may be that allowed_creature/class was never meant to work for positions that are auto-filled. I know for a fact it will work for positions that are appointed by another position, I've used it thusly, but I the auto-filled "expedition leader" type position I never tried to make caste specific, just generic enough and with no other authority besides in occupying that bottom-wrung spot and appointing a real, important noble position.

Elected positions also don't respect caste requirements it seems. My dwarves will elect one of my intelligent livestock critters too despite the mayor position being dwarf-only.

@logariter
1) I bet it will default to only one of the use tokens, whether first or last I have no idea,what but you can probably try without crashing the game or anything.
2) I don't believe there's any way to do that besides never putting the weapon in the usual weapons tokens of entities, and instead only being able to make it through a reaction. It would count as a foreign weapon in the military equipment screen but you should be able to either directly assign it or dwarves should individually select it.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:16:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Problems
Try removing can_learn. Slow_learner should work on it's own without that.
It may be that allowed_creature/class was never meant to work for positions that are auto-filled. I know for a fact it will work for positions that are appointed by another position, I've used it thusly, but I the auto-filled "expedition leader" type position I never tried to make caste specific, just generic enough and with no other authority besides in occupying that bottom-wrung spot and appointing a real, important noble position.

Elected positions also don't respect caste requirements it seems. My dwarves will elect one of my intelligent livestock critters too despite the mayor position being dwarf-only.

Thanks. That's a good idea. I'll try to remove [CAN_LEARN] but if that doesn't work  do you have any ideas for a generic position name that could be held by a goblin or human slave?

EDIT

Awesome. This worked. I just need to come up with a generic name for it now.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 01:58:56 pm by brolol.404 »

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks Eric Blank

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Maybe call it "Slave Manager" or something? So not a position of authority itself beyond keeping the slaves in line. Certifiably goblin and generic both.

Amusingly vanilla goblins don't have slaves in that sense. I guess everybody is equally a slave under the demon master's rule?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe call it "Slave Manager" or something? So not a position of authority itself beyond keeping the slaves in line. Certifiably goblin and generic both.

Amusingly vanilla goblins don't have slaves in that sense. I guess everybody is equally a slave under the demon master's rule?

Thanks. I was thinking similiar. I may go with "Slave Handler"

In my mod there are Troll, Ogre, Dwarf, Human, Elf and even Goblin slaves lol

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you add a start time to the following syndrome tags:

CE_FEEL_EMOTION
CE_ADD_TAG
CE_REMOVE_TAG
CE_MENT_ATT_CHANGE
CE_PHYS_ATT_CHANGE
CE_SPEED_CHANGE

I was thinking of adding some "drugs" to my mod that do things like:

Initial exhilaration and euphoria removing the need to eat or sleep. Then boosted physical stats and speed. Eventually causing fear emotion, reduced speed and physical stats and adding the sleep and eat tags back on.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

All those should accept start and end times. Peak times would be irrelevant though.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 120