Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 46808 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #270 on: January 10, 2018, 11:57:44 am »

It says magic battles are resolved in turn 11. Does that mean:
a) That summoned (through distant ritual, not the usual summoning in a lab)  units will fight before you get to reinforce them?
b) That should a squad survive this, they will still move away?

Also interesting: Hunting for blood slaves happens before battles and pillage happens after, so if you want to do one last mean thing to a province, before being crushed- blood hunt is the way.

Yes and Yes.

Also note than since magic battles take place before movement, you can teleport/Cloud trapeze thugs to kill enemies before they can move.

(Or use a killspell like mindhunt to kill the enemy commander before he can move).

« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 11:59:59 am by Broken »
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2018, 10:41:24 am »

Is Niefel dead btw? I see its AI, but Caelum has already shifted its troops to another nation as it seems.

Also as for the manual: It says acid works like fire, but it doesn't state the chance of a unit being set on fire as far as I can tell?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:40 pm »

Being burned by acid doesn't set you on fire.

At this point, Niefelheim is merely a brown stain on the map that I have to finish mopping up.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2018, 04:19:47 pm »

Also as for the manual: It says acid works like fire, but it doesn't state the chance of a unit being set on fire as far as I can tell?
Indeed not. Perhaps you are always set on fire, but may extinguish yourself before taking any damage? Does this mesh with what more experienced players know about this?

The chance of the fire going out is  25% + (fire resistance x2) + (cold scale x5) +100% if it is raining.  All fire has a minimum 1% chance of being extinguished. If the province has heat scales instead, this is treated as negative cold.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2018, 05:50:06 pm »

I see.

E. Albright will soon message ya'll offering some great opportunities. I wouldn't trust that.

So much war mongering and assassins really asked for it, even if I am known to hardly attack unprovoked.

Don't you hate it when you write PMs for this turn, then it changes like 20 minutes after you send em?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 04:39:43 am by ThtblovesDF »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2018, 08:42:19 pm »

For the record, here is what the manual says about acid damage.

Acid damage
Acid damage can inflict Rust. It has the same chance as fire. Only units with iron weapons or iron armor can be affected by Rust.
Rust
Rusty armor can be damaged if it takes a hit in combat.
Chance for Rusty armor to be damaged = damage inflicted (before armor protection, but after shield protection) * 2%

Rusty weapons have a 25% chance of being damaged when they inflict a hit on something. Damaged weapons have their damage reduced by 2, except for blunt weapons which have their damage reduced by 1.

My interpretation is "the same chance as fire" means that acid damage has the same odds to inflict rust damage as fire damage has to set something on fire, though as that calculation is not given, it isn't too helpful.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 12, 2018, 04:43:07 pm »

So much war mongering and assassins really asked for it, even if I am known to hardly attack unprovoked.

That made me chuckle. You've been cajoling me to join you in a war against Vanheim, and also encouraging me to attack Caelum, and all through this trying to bully me into ceding my trashy wet provinces to you while carefully not mentioning how you've been trying to squelch my dominion with temples in all the other ocean provinces surrounding me, Theo''s three obviously excepted.

Although I have to give it to you, complaining about my assassins was absolute top kek. This is EA, I have no scout provinces, and my only native stealth commanders are assassins. And you saw neither hide nor hair nor bald red head of them until the turn you invaded, which I will remind you was the turn after you massed three armies and a non-amphibious mercenary company on my border...

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 12, 2018, 08:49:02 pm »

That is a bit of a stretch, worded to inspire aggression.

But I would like to invite everyone to attack Caelum, they are half-assing this invasion big time.

Overall there seems to be a bit of overreaction, like Caelum saying "You basically already own 4 thrones" [wat], you claiming innocence after all that sillyness and me murdering you just for some war mongering.

PS: It's nearly like I can't build temples in my enemys provinces? Anyway, no temple was build to dom-kill anyone. My dominion is pretty good and I want it everywhere, I'm not going for a early-game-dom-kill (who ever gets dom killed? Last 28 rounds? Like 2 people?)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 13, 2018, 07:32:33 am »

I can't make it home for the turn deadline, can I please have a 12 hour extension?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #279 on: January 13, 2018, 08:03:33 am »

Caelum saying "You basically already own 4 thrones" [wat]

I never said or claimed this.

What did occur was that you tried to sell me a province for a level 3 throne and access to another level 3 throne. That's awfully forwards, no?

Anyway, if I am indeed attacking with FIFTY PERCENT BUTT CAPACITY, why bother invading me? Wouldn't I be a worse target than someone who is fully distracted? I'm not sure how that logic is supposed to work.
Check out my books at O and H Books

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 13, 2018, 10:11:25 am »

It doesn't look like a lvl 3 throne to me?

Indis don't vanish magically.

Your capital is less defended that that indi province ...

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #281 on: January 13, 2018, 10:39:19 am »

If we're talking about the throne on 77, it's got a Solar Serpent defending it, which implies it's a genuine level 3 throne, right? Since there's only level 1 and level 3 thrones. Do "neutral" pretenders even guard lesser thrones?
Check out my books at O and H Books

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 13, 2018, 11:13:12 am »

I can't make it home for the turn deadline, can I please have a 12 hour extension?
I guess I couldn't. Let's see how murdered I became.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 13, 2018, 12:13:45 pm »

:-[ Sorry, I went to bed at a reasonable hour last night to balance the rest of the week's staying up most/all night.

Karlito also has admin PWs, BTW.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:15:33 pm by E. Albright »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 13, 2018, 03:57:55 pm »

Relatively unmurdered, it seems.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35