Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 46644 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2018, 01:41:54 pm »

"A strange dark rent has appeared in the sky. Hope, Wonder, and Magic drains away through it."

That's one I'm not familiar with, what does that?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2018, 02:23:05 pm »

Is a global event that cause Drain 2 and mistfortune 1.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2018, 02:42:47 pm »

So Vanheim, you think I can't fight 5 players at once, you want some of this, too?  D:<

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In other news, being a Abysian Assassin must be the worst job, those commanders are made out of spikes and fuckhuge.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:06:03 pm by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:56 pm »

The funny part is where you act like you're fighting 5 players, but need to do things like show 6 assassins (of whom 5 are now dead, plus one Shambler Chief) to try to make it credible to say that you're fighting Abysia rather than mopping up a dead nation.

[Edit: oops, that must have been last turn, not this one, since there were eight shown. The success rate was marginally higher; IIRC (certainly not gonna waste time checking) I might have killed a coral priest or two...]
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:18:30 pm by E. Albright »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2018, 03:07:30 pm »

Fun events? I have one province that keeps getting attacked by phantasmal creatures. I blame the giants and their misfortune dominion.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2018, 03:08:40 pm »

I find the picture is the funny part. Anyways, at least we have very straight foward wars here, no holding back like 428.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2018, 03:10:28 pm »

Is a global event that cause Drain 2 and mistfortune 1.

Ok, thanks. I wanted to make sure it was just a random event that will wear off. Those changes aren't great.

Also, this game has been a reminder into the back and forth and posturing that reminded me why scouting is so ridiculously important. I remembered about 60% of why scouting was important, but forgot about that part...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11:12 pm »

Fun events? I have one province that keeps getting attacked by phantasmal creatures. I blame the giants and their misfortune dominion.

Blame Mist-Covered Highlands instead. It's probably more accurate.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2018, 03:14:11 pm »

So Vanheim, you think I can't fight 5 players at once, you want some of this, too?
I don't know who is ultimately right, but Abyssia sure has a better PR department then you.  ;D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2018, 03:15:30 pm »

You should probably blame the mist covered highlands instead. None of the attacks are classified as bad events.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2018, 03:35:58 pm »

You should probably blame the mist covered highlands instead. None of the attacks are classified as bad events.

Blame Mist-Covered Highlands instead. It's probably more accurate.
Alas, it seems the two of you are right. Suppose I should just permanently station some mages there to blast them whenever they show.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2018, 03:48:05 pm »

IIRC, if/when you find the tower, that's the end of the chain. ModDB would know for sure.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2018, 03:49:34 pm »

I dunno man, his calls for assaults where silly and super fake, from the province number to everything else.

Basically he offerd you guys nothing to be his meatshields and now he has nothing but time to complain, if everything goes well.

I'm fairly lazy with PMs/PR, but I don't break agreements and that pays off a few months/rounds down the road.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2018, 04:32:44 pm »

Ha, that's funny. This game, you broke an agreement with me around turn 12, with nary a word nor regret. Remember how on turn 2 or 3 you agreed with my proposal that Abysia would hold a demilitarized Feldan Forest since I couldn't realistically use it to stage an invasion of you, but you could of me (just like you did)? Remember how - once your expansion started rolling and mine stalled - you captured it w/o so much as a PM while my assassins were still (messily) working through the Bone Tribe Shamans leading it?

Last game (and I only bring it up because you mentioned "rounds") you stabbed me in the back even as you assured me you weren't and tried to manipulate me into giving you territory to "help" me. You also kept trading with me well after your ostensible allies stopped...

Round 4.26 when I was blessed with you as a near neighbor: more of the same, and a dagger in the back for having played straight with you.

I expect a few of us here remember your R'lyeh in round 4.23. Hell, I remember round 4.23 and I wasn't even playing in that one.

I may be a weasel, possibly even a paranoid weasel, but I'm an honest weasel, and when I stop playing straight it's pretty obvious because my teeth will be latched firmly onto your nape. Mind you, this game only has one winner, and I don't hold anyone's diplomatic style against them personally. We're all going to turn on each other at some point, and our meta has never frowned on treachery, double-dealing, or dishonesty outside of trade. But as you said, after a few rounds of seeing a consistent diplomatic style it's hard to ignore it... and that's not really to your advantage here...

Also, sorry, I'm not the only one with scouting capability, even if mine fly so they might have better range to count what you grabbed. They could verify your expanse as well as I could, albeit most not as quickly.

I'm also a bit shaky on how precisely this was supposed to work out positively for me, and how I was scheming to take advantage of my neighbors as meat shields when none of them were between me and the oceans full of well-armored Rain-bearing toad-men surrounding me. Best-case scenario for me was a strong, angry, vindictive neighbor reduced to merely twice my size that could attack me with impunity and that I couldn't attack back, with one province between their capital and mine and their largely-impregnable oceans surrounding me. Yup, I had so much to gain here...

(I'm tempted to give my post-mortem at this point since it would change nothing, but I have something like 0.125 aces still up my sleeve so I'll hold off. Don't get me wrong, I will without question be dead before winter (probably well before) but there's still a beady toad eye that I wanna try to thumb my nose into...)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:41:13 pm by E. Albright »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2018, 04:57:13 pm »

This thread begins to look like average Grepolis world thread. Only everyone accuses each other of being bigger, stronger and more aggresive then one who accuses, instead of being noobs.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 35