Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 46831 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501 - Bring out yer dead
« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2018, 05:21:53 pm »

You are the only other nation in the game with underwater nations.

(Also with a global and all that).

You reallllly didn't have to start a extra war while already in one, tbh. I don't even want to fight you, but there was no postive feedback to pm this diplomacy stuff from... err... all the nations I am at war at, suprise suprise.

Technically, I have not attacked anyone that didn't attack me first this round.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2018, 05:43:55 pm »

Technically, you most certainly did. Your attack on me was not preceded by an attack by me, your claims about rousing for war notwithstanding. And if those claims ARE withstanding, then at a minimum you "attacked Caelum first" since you were trying to stir their neighbors to war against them. I'm frankly of the opinion that you were probably inciting Caelum to attack me as well when you tried to sell them that fort; your efforts to sell me that same fort certainly revolved around how nice, juicy, and distracted Caelum was, after all. Regardless, however, you can't have it both ways; either calling others to make war on their neighbors is "attacking first" or it isn't.

And if you try to set that aside to go with "Abysia and Atlantis simultaneously invaded each other", that's no less thin. You had 3 ~200-troop armies sitting on my borders for multiple turns, with the capstone being the hiring of a band of non-amphibious mercs hired into the theoretical demilitarized zone that bordered only your provinces and mine. You couldn't have communicated your intention to attack more clearly by stating it; hence why your offensive was met by a very-short-lived counteroffensive (which was hardly surprising since you were 3-4x my size).

Just let it go. You're waging wars of conquest and aggression. As usual. As is the nature and general goal of the game. Claiming obviously-counterfactual moral high ground is silly, even when it's done to manipulate players into thinking you're more trustworthy and less bent on winning than you plainly are.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: January 18, 2018, 04:03:41 am »

Imagine if you had tried equally hard to make me look weak and easy to take ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ instead of the silliness of "he has 4 thrones [somehow]" and "40 provinces" and "3x ~Unit army", when all of these where wrong to the most plain of observers.

You and your "allies" also tried to invade a UW nation with a total of 20-ish Ichtilidys between all 3 ( / 4) of you and no other UW-able units, if we leave the ghost-guys out of it and that alone is just the best.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 18, 2018, 12:16:11 pm »

...so you're still saying you were and are weak and puny despite the fact that you're winning wars against HOW many nations - on land? And you're still arguing that this was a master plan to invade you rather than a standard dogpile on the biggest, most expansionist nation before they get too biggest and expansionist to dogpile? There's no way you're convincing anyone in-game if they have any scouts at all, so is this performance intended for the peanut gallery, or is it part of your master plan to keep Theo on your side until you're too big for them to threaten?

Also, if you're trying to play innocent... you might wanna cool it on the "what fools you were to attack an UW nation" bit, as it tips your hand a little too much. If you were reading the walls of text in the 502 thread, you might recall Cruxador making the simple, straightforward observation that having your back in a corner makes it easier to be aggressive because you can attack but can't be attacked back. It's one of the reasons water nations on land frequently get piled on - as you must well know since you so very rarely play land nations...

Look, all anyone needs to do to definitively shut down your silly claims about how small and non-threatening you were/are (assuming they can't be bothered to glance over their parapet and plainly observe what their lying eyes tell them) is drop an Akashic Record on your capital and post your graphs. Had I not had other research priorities, I've done so myself, with my sorry numbers as reference. Given that you claim to value your reputation as a straight shooter, you might wanna tone down the claims that can be shown to be incontrovertibly wrong to the most plain of Astral observers.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: January 18, 2018, 03:35:48 pm »

when all of these where wrong to the most plain of observers.
See, what Abysia says may or may not be wrong. But unless he is Tzeech and Baldrick incarnated into a single body there is no way they made a cunning plan that involves getting curb stomped by you. Germans weren't as quick and effortless in Poland as you were in his lands. So that brings us to the question: How can a nation that claims to be so weak be so powerful in battle? The answer: it can't. So pile we dog.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 18, 2018, 07:07:52 pm »

I was about to cast eyes of god this turn, but I no longer need to.

On another note...Hi ulm.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 18, 2018, 07:28:57 pm »

You know, I wondered what I was going to do about 500 specters on my doorstep, but to my relief it's only 380.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: January 19, 2018, 10:07:23 pm »

Hm...I had 2 dominion reducing events, ulm's capital was a trap that cursed a chunk of my army and all the water turned red. The last of which is in no way my fault.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: January 20, 2018, 02:56:27 pm »

A man came to me last month, well not a man, but these days I'd say close enough.
- I heard you are fighting a war against Atlanteans?
- That is an open secret - I replied.
- You know what would would really piss them off?
- What?
Spoiler: He showed me (click to show/hide)
- Brilliant! - I exclaimed - How much?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 20, 2018, 06:59:40 pm »

So tested those in a real battle, and they were... worth what I paid their master.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: January 20, 2018, 10:02:05 pm »

A man came to me last month, claiming he'd found the Lost City. He proceeded to rant and rave and wave around a Cod. Literally. That was his only piece of equipment. Let's see if he found me anything this turn.

Edit: He did not. At least he's entertaining though.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 10:20:44 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 20, 2018, 10:17:29 pm »

Meanwhile I slayed a Dread Necromancer that threatened the world. The event probably would have been more dangerous if they didn't spawn on top of one of my forts with a army.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2018, 06:38:48 am »

So the new patch just gave me a new spell for e2 to make 5 undead warriors with decent gear but low hp(8 ), combat only and it uses an earth gem. :-\ its almost as if 100 fatigue cost isn't enough.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 06:42:37 am by etgfrog »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2018, 08:19:56 am »

Dominions 5.11

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2018, 08:32:13 am »

Would anyone object if I went AI at this point? I haven't been having fun for the last few turns, and the only thing I have left is to spite Atlantis. Which, while a worthy and noble cause, is not enough to bring playing back into the realm of "enjoyable activity."

That, and I had in a bit of ragequit mode had already set my turn to go AI, only to discover that one can't set it back without redoing one's entire turn. I don't really have the energy to do that. :(

Also, Ur, really? If that was to get Atlantis off your back, sure, but... (I honestly thought that was a mistake, or you had staled, or something, up until this turn. So, um, congratulations.)

EDIT: Slightly calmer here, but I still don't really feel like fighting this out to the bitter end. This isn't like that Dom4 round where my own life and mental health took a turn for the worse. It's more that it's become a chore to keep sending turns in. Which, while I'd do it to make people "happy"... it's kinda a lot to ask someone to fight a losing battle just so that (a: you have the fun of winning/b: you might have a bit more success against a mutual foe)

EDIT 2: Rather than stale, I'm going AI. GG, Atlantis, Ur, and... Well, you were the only two I really fought against.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:27:17 pm by Gigalith »
Check out my books at O and H Books
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 35