Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 46860 times)

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501
« Reply #495 on: April 03, 2018, 08:54:26 pm »

Incidentally, I am also about ready to throw in the towel. I pull all of my effort in trying to win with the last push with my forces, so I really don't have an endgame rather than being annoying to Atlantis. I'll stay in for the time being, but if Theredos also wants to throw in the towel, its probably best to just declare Atlantis the victor.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 04, 2018, 04:59:06 am »

I feel fine calling it a draw with theo, so we can end it like the allies we started.

Anyway, here are the current graphs for the new turn:

Army Size
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Income:

Provinces:

I have a solid gateway and teleport squad now, which should prevent any fort actually falling once I've taken it.

I also choose to raze any theo fort I get, since 0 pop means I can't recuit anything in it anyway.

I've started a blood empowering just to try more things.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 04, 2018, 05:38:14 am »

To be honest, I've mainly been waiting see the results of this next battle because research finished. So dispite the war I've been cruising at 1600 rp / turn. Which by the way, therodos has researchers that are kind of useless in combat except as an item user or as a gem trigger. And really, any item I would hand to a philospher I could also just hand to a spectral commander to use.

To be more specific on research, I am now able to cast army of lead which will make the troops almost impossible to kill(16 mr, ethereal and 20 protection) without death magic(wither bones). Unfortunately, atlantis is also able to cast pretty easily with the basalt kings. Which will result in troops just poking at each other while waiting for whatever background spells(foul vapors) to kill things. So I would be fine with it being called.

Spoiler: Gem and income (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 05:39:48 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 04, 2018, 09:11:14 am »

Without getting your pretender once, I wouldn't feel this confident. Foul Air does very little to my big water bois, both ulm and ur are so flooded with my dominion that the water elementals have already made a path for my troops long before I walked in.

Acid Storm got me past the hard parts and with my income I can match 1 undead with 1 priest. The recuitment point limit really is what stoped me from flooding the world with the (imo) very good atlantis troops.

I'll do the next turn if you'd like.

Yomi has been worn out (also Earth Attack = total MVP, fixing problems everywhere) and is getting flooded with magic summons that are 30% cheaper for me.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 06, 2018, 12:32:09 am »

Deadline extended for our aquatic overlords.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 06, 2018, 06:11:35 am »

Thanks!

I'm telling you, Ur unleashing around 2 000-ish Magic units at me is a bit more then I expected. I'm suprised you would leave the game, while owning the single largest stack of units (or gems) around.

Edit: Looking at the graphs, the size of URs armys has doubled in the last 2-3 turns.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:04:10 am by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 06, 2018, 07:19:43 am »

Domkill doesn't care about army size. In round 4.10 I killed off a nation that was rampaging unstoppably through my heartland with something like 200 Demon Knights and  massive full-research mage support, as well as two or three other nations that were doing a fine job of holding me at bay with monsterous mage-blobs and armies in the thousands.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 06, 2018, 10:16:24 am »

And I've never seen a Player get Domkilled, not one of them even has there capital under my dom or something like that.

>Time Stop appears white in the spell list of 3 different casters
>It's not cast once
>Littarly 20 Gems unused, no interuptions, enough lvls to cast it + power of the spheres on top and the everyone astral+1 spell.

Why : /

>Time Stop then gets cast about 7 turns to late.

Wat.

>Samex4 for Solar Brillance
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 10:25:06 am by ThtblovesDF »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 06, 2018, 11:04:27 am »

...if I hadn't had H3s bloodsac'ing on more or less every temple I owned, you'd've Domkilled me before you ever got a chance to invade me this game...

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 06, 2018, 01:35:53 pm »

...if I hadn't had H3s bloodsac'ing on more or less every temple I owned, you'd've Domkilled me before you ever got a chance to invade me this game...
That was mostly my fault for starting with dom 10.
And that is probably the main reason why I haven't had my dominion drop like others.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 01:40:05 pm by etgfrog »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 06, 2018, 02:22:09 pm »

I was getting it eaten on the opposite side you were on as well, so I'd say it was a group effort.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 07, 2018, 07:21:51 am »

Possibly because I'm bad or something, but these turns take like 2 hours if I want to do them properly. Ur exploding into the 2end largest army (soon), is also silly.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 07, 2018, 07:37:10 am »

Possibly because I'm bad or something, but these turns take like 2 hours if I want to do them properly. Ur exploding into the 2end largest army (soon), is also silly.
To be fair, Ur is an AI right now.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 07, 2018, 07:41:55 am »

I'm really curious what it's summoning. I guess I had decent gem income, but I didn't think it would matter because I figured I was still 4th or lower in pretty much every regard.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 07, 2018, 07:50:03 am »

Human AI level: Mighty AI
Yep, that would do it. I guess be thankful the AI doesn't know how to organize its mages. Otherwise endiku shamans tend to make Ur turn from a pushover into a force to be feared. They can also pull off thunderbolt squads with some help from something like an air pretender.

I'm really curious what it's summoning. I guess I had decent gem income, but I didn't think it would matter because I figured I was still 4th or lower in pretty much every regard.
Oh, if you had lots of galas, then its probably lots of wolves. You tend to get 10 wolves per 2 nature gems.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35