Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This whole setup looks too damn balanced, and needs story events.

Yes, all of them!
- 15 (57.7%)
Yes, but only minor ones.
- 3 (11.5%)
Nope. Nooope.
- 2 (7.7%)
Will admin-sempai ever notice me?
- 6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35

Author Topic: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501  (Read 46863 times)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5 - blind Round 501
« Reply #450 on: March 08, 2018, 03:08:00 am »

Total turn spoiler ;)

It's all fair in war - which will go on for quite a bit I think, this is what I avoided all game. A somewhat fair war - we'll see how Ur throws its dice, yomi has already choosen afterall.

Also, this fight, such a busy earth Elemental.
Even if your army is made of ghosts, the ground coming to eat a commander every other turn must be scary for the troops.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My biggest advantage right now is that yomi is using the "one massive doom blob" approch to warfare, which allows me to ignore him for the time being.

_________

New Turn, Purgatory why u do (near) nothing?

Also, I don't get to watch the undead Captain fight anymore? What a shame

Ur, please remove your researcher blob from my border - and how are there, even after so much time, still scouts all over my territory?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 04:17:23 am by ThtblovesDF »

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 09, 2018, 02:53:36 pm »

I made a lot of scouts.

So, speaking of Ur, they've staled 3 out of the last 4 turns. Given the late days, does anyone care?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 09, 2018, 03:46:09 pm »

Ur is very very persistent regarding sending scouts everywhere.
Purgatory only effects undead inside your dominion. I don't have thousands of undead running through your territory right now so the number is a bit low.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 09, 2018, 06:21:01 pm »

So, speaking of Ur, they've staled 3 out of the last 4 turns. Given the late days, does anyone care?
I'm very sorry about the staling. I've sent two of those three squeaking in at the end and just missed the deadline. I should honestly probably just go AI because my schedule isn't going to let up anytime soon.

Ur, please remove your researcher blob from my border - and how are there, even after so much time, still scouts all over my territory?
I did. I moved all of my researchers away from your border, but I have a couple researcher-producing provinces where things keep getting sniped. I border you so much that even if I bring researchers into the core of my land they're getting attacked by elementals from rain barrels and other places. I've lost almost two dozen by now and there's literally nothing I can do.

Ur is very very persistent regarding sending scouts everywhere.
I had pretty much the whole map covered, except for underwater, before I started staling. Ur has pretty fantastic scout production and I wanted to know what was going on without having to trust other people :P I haven't sent out new scouts in about 8 turns or so, so pretty much every one you guys find has been there for almost a year in game. Surprise!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 09, 2018, 06:33:47 pm »

I'm very sorry about the staling. I've sent two of those three squeaking in at the end and just missed the deadline. I should honestly probably just go AI because my schedule isn't going to let up anytime soon.

I've delayed the turn for my own selfish reasons plenty of times in the past, so feel free to just holler at me if you need more time. Incidentally, I put another 12sh hours on this turn.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 10, 2018, 07:21:55 pm »

Hm...I don't think I have the troops or mage power to deal with that, especially not with the backup that I see that will also jump into there. I guess I will have to try to take a consolidation prize.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 07:25:25 pm by etgfrog »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 11, 2018, 12:22:51 pm »

I lost a lot of territory this turn, so don't feel bad - if you stall long enough for yomi to finish the job... they have a ton of troops and no easy acid-storm-counter or anything that really helps.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 11, 2018, 03:33:38 pm »

Hm...35 water elementals with barkskin and regen while underwater is quite a bit more powerful then I thought it would be, I was just hoping it would kill off a bunch of the stuff through foul vapors.

Also...sow dragon teeth got buffed, interesting.

I should also note that therodos' free spawn rate looks to have been cut in half, my forts with dom 10 is only getting 5 per turn. Or maybe its now tied into the size of the fort.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 14, 2018, 07:53:03 am »

I really should've started getting into nature about 20 turns ago, foul vapors are wrecking me and mass regeneration is just insane - I always thought it didn't affect undead, but I was extremly wrong.

Also Ur and Ulm, come on guys, I need you in this.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 14, 2018, 01:00:38 pm »

Can anyone actually make a compelling argument for why I should (try to) play kingmaker for them?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 14, 2018, 04:15:47 pm »

If you don't immediately and wholeheartedly start playing kingmaker for Abysia, I can 100% guarantee you they'll never trade you another blood slave.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 14, 2018, 04:31:30 pm »

Lol, my bloodhunter got eaten by a horror after about 3 turns, so that experiment didn't work out.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 15, 2018, 01:09:15 am »

Right now, its turned into a stalemate between me and atlantis. I got caught a bit flatfooted with the nerf to my freespawns, which means I cant easily gather up and do another one of those wave of ghost blitz that I opened up with.
Current throne count: Atlantis has 4 level 3 and a level 1, Yomi has 3 level 3 and 2 level 1, Therodos(me) has 3 level 3 and a level 1.

Atlantis has taken the mundane score graph site from me and has defended it rather well, so I cant give any info in that regards. Yomi has eyes of god, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets burned aways by atlantis next turn because I think it knocked off purgatory, so thanks yomi. Oh and atlantis has stellar focus up, so I would guess its going to be used in an attempt to dispel my gift of health.

On another note, those province ward spells considers raven feast to be a hostile spell.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 02:11:23 am by etgfrog »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 15, 2018, 06:35:02 am »

I gave you Gold in your time of need and we had a friendly border for the longest time?

As for score graphs:

Indeed, provinces are a total stalemate, but Army size for me has stayed about the same, while both yomi and Theo are going down every other turn.

My production is just slow, but steady. The Throne that gives a conj. bonus is slowly working itself into being useful, as the magic beasts I produce from there are ever so slowly moving towards relevant provinces.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20:02 am »

Well, my rough schedule is letting up a bit, so lets see if I actually have any power at all in this game.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 35