Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: {0.4} The Wee Folk Mod! (44.xx)  (Read 36102 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
{0.4} The Wee Folk Mod! (44.xx)
« on: November 25, 2017, 10:29:40 pm »

The Wee Folk Mod!

The poll winning mod is here!

Races:

Shrubland Gnomes: A fortress dwelling people known for their lack of self control, love of exploration and family, and having the nails on their pinky toe of their left foot be extra long, for some reason only these guys know. Playable. Will eventually have major differences for Fortress Mode.

Halflings: Calm little guys who tend to live in one tiny hamlet. These guys don't often make many other sites, as they'd prefer to be left alone as their own independent, albeit tiny, nation. Too bad the elves and goblins don't seem to agree...

Shadow Gnomes: Gray skinned gnomes with blue hair that have a fondness for daggers and being sneaky. The perfect rogues.

Tomtenisser: A race of easily angered beings who were once farm spirits that dwell in the tundras. They are incredibly strong and tough, capable of holding their own in a fight. Their bites are venomous and they wield sickles, meat tenderizers, broken handles and special swords called svärds exclusively.

Redcaps: A race of red headed angry gnomes who do just about everything in the book when it comes to evil. Playable. They can carve up wooden weaponry at the Carver's Den workshop, sacrifice a special stone called bloodrock to gain iron weaponry at the Bloodrock Sacrificer, and cut boulders into many blocks along
with refining bloodrock into a purer state which can be sacrificed at the Bloodrock Sacrificer for steel weaponry.

Boggarts: A small teal goblinesque race with a peaceful farming culture akin to halflings. They dwell in wetlands however, and seem noticeably more rude than the halflings.

Menehune: A variety of dwarf that hails from a far off chain of tropical islands. They aren't as skilled with metals as their mainlander cousins, but they manage.

Future Races:

Duhindu (gnome like creatures from myths of the Moskito people in Central America)
Barbegazi (Mythological French/Swiss gnomish fellows with large feet who live up in the mountains)
Pech (Mythological manly Scottish gnome fellows who are known for their strength and heather ales)

Download here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13226
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 07:31:39 pm by Asin »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Wee Folk Mod! (44.02)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 07:20:22 pm »

Is this going to be an ongoing mod with more short races added later? I like it so far, but I could definitely go for some more wee folk.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 08:27:39 pm »

Is this going to be an ongoing mod with more short races added later? I like it so far, but I could definitely go for some more wee folk.

Indeed. I'm figuring out ideas for more of these guys. Got any?

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 07:40:40 am »

Redcaps
Brownies
Ballybogs
Leprechauns
Pixies
Domovoi

Probably more but I forget them.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:05:02 am »

Redcaps
Brownies
Ballybogs
Leprechauns
Pixies
Domovoi

Probably more but I forget them.

If I remember right, pixies are already in DF.
Hmm... Brownies and Domovoi...
Those would be the most interesting, considering that they're household spirits, known to do chores and the like as long as you keep them happy.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 05:10:24 pm »

Make brownies intelligent pets with medium to high skills in everything, but they have volatile personality traits so you have to work to keep them happy.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 05:36:32 pm »

Volatile? Any examples on how I can make them volatile?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 05:43:26 pm »

Change their personality values so they are extremely greedy, want to pray a lot, want to talk to friends, ETC.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 09:27:51 pm »

It would also be interesting if they could somehow rebel against their masters if you mistreat them.

Also I've noticed halflings usually seem to die off early in worldgen for me. Not a huge surprise considering their low civ cap. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 09:40:35 pm »

It would also be interesting if they could somehow rebel against their masters if you mistreat them.

That sounds a bit like that one plump helmet man mod by... IndigoFenix, I think?

Also I've noticed halflings usually seem to die off early in worldgen for me. Not a huge surprise considering their low civ cap. :P

I noticed that too. Low civ cap... I should really check my raws.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:36:52 pm by Asin »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 06:29:44 am »

The difference would be that instead of just having livestock that rebel we would have useful citizens that rebel. So if you had your master weapon smith rebel instead of just some peasant you would have to make the decision to either save him or just kill him to prevent further damage. I personally think that a decision like that would be rather interesting.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 07:20:13 am »

Hmm... I might see what I can do.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 02:14:41 pm »

Okay, so brownies as intelligent pets that can work for you/rebel is to possibly be a thing...

What about the other choice from the poll that isn't the "other" option, the Tomtenisse?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:34:14 am by Asin »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

Hmm, my 10 seconds of research found that they are often associated with winter. So maybe we could make them a civ that only is active during the winter? Maybe give them ice magic or animated snow creatures or something?

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 04:14:18 pm »

Hmm, my 10 seconds of research found that they are often associated with winter. So maybe we could make them a civ that only is active during the winter? Maybe give them ice magic or animated snow creatures or something?

Maybe you should do a bit more research, my friend.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7