Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 281492 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2021, 10:21:33 am »

Les do this.

+1 Tournaments from me
+1 for the tournaments.  Always a joy to read about them.
+1 for tournaments - even though I've never made it past the quarterfinals. Damned Cheetah Women...
In the interest of full disclosure, I have written at least a little bit of one of the tournaments past (and particpated personally) - it might affect whether my vote counts or not, but +1 for the tournaments

A +4 puts the Tournament at 8.  I sincerely appreciate your disclosure That_eye :)  All good.

Oh damn! The Gladiator Tourneys! For anyone with an old nostalgia trip that I just had, take a look at the first few that I ran here on Bay12 back in 2015! How time freakin' flies. I totally aped these from Something Awful, and they just took off after that, moving on to reddit with a number of different hosts. It really was an awesome time.

GLADIATOR CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT I
GLADIATOR CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT II
GLADIATOR CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT III

^ Although I disappeared in the middle of the last one for reasons that I can not even begin to remember. A giant sorry to everyone from those days.

No need to apologize mate, and thank you for the links.

A repository of links to each of the games would be great.
First of all, it seems that the images on the Reclaiming Battlefailed thread are missing. Does anyone have an intact version?
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176177.0
There's links to the backed up docs in this thread

This is something I wanted to ask Immortal anyway, do you think it would be wise to include a backup link whereever applicable. I know bearskie archived many community fort classics.

If there are alternative hostings online, by all means let me know and I will include those in the OPs.  Additionally, if you have saved a local backup as html or pdf and want to share that with cloud storage or whatever, also great.  I have done the latter with several of my favorites, but we obviously want as much security as possible.  Case in point; a non-legend that is among my personal inspirations, the pictures long since lost to the ages; Oceanshoots.  I have update all of the the Battlefail entries with the DFFD links.

Second of all, I would like to nominate Thob Goes to the Surface
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176177.0

A dwarven miner's search for drink across a desolated world.
+1 for Thob Goes to the surface.
+1 from me too.
An additional +1.

Thob goes to the surface is entered Oct.'21 with 4 votes.  Lastly, the Fortress of Dawnthunder reached 4 votes in 12 months, is removed.  Maybe next time.  That's all for now, stay warm every Dorf!

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 02, 2021, 11:49:57 pm »

I would like to nominate the Museum III.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.0

Over a century of epic tales, undead outbreaks, demonic invasions, and world changing bugs.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 03, 2021, 12:17:00 am »

It has gotten quite incredible! +1 from me!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 03, 2021, 01:16:39 am »

+1 for the Museum - honestly surprised it's not already on here.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 03, 2021, 04:38:24 am »

+1 from me as well. It's the largest succession game I've seen in a long time, and certainly one of the longest-running in recent years, both in terms of ingame time (over 100 years) and irl time (coming up on two years in March).

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 03, 2021, 04:50:43 am »

+1 from me, stopped me lurking and got me to participate
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 05:08:36 am by AvolitionBrit »
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 03, 2021, 05:47:27 am »

+1 to the Museum III from me; it got me into adventure mode as a whole, and it's impressive how long it's lasted both in-game and out.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 03, 2021, 08:31:48 am »

+1 to the Museum, I assumed it was already in.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 03, 2021, 09:25:17 am »

This is for the Museum III game, the Museum I game is already listed.
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Lurker Z

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 03, 2021, 11:46:46 am »

+1 for the Museum, the only adventure mode I've ever played. Orid Xem is an amazing world to explore, expand and change and the players just make it better.

Epic Fortresses

These are triumphs of architecture and city planning, even by Dwarven Standards. Look on our works, ye mighty, and despair.

Active

Roomcarnage

Archcrystal - It's a fortress that has been active for 310 in-game years. And it is currently building a glass city in the HFS. Its military of only 2 dozen or so have faithfully guarded its gates both in the HFS and the surface for these past 3 centuries.

Regarding Archcrystal, the 500 year save is up (started in year 71 and it's year 571 in-game), the OP calls it "the final save" and the thread hasn't been posted on by the OP since before February. I'm pretty sure it counts as "complete", so the blurb in this thread needs to be modified.

Updated with relevant quote.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 05:35:16 pm by Lurker Z »
Sigtext updated 13-03-2024.

Astelon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 06, 2021, 04:14:47 pm »

+1 for the tournaments, brought me back to df and modding

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2021, 04:43:58 am »

+1 for Museum III!
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 31, 2021, 11:49:42 pm »

+1 for the Museum
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 04, 2022, 04:30:17 am »

+1 for Thob Goes to the surface
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 04, 2022, 02:09:11 pm »

I hope everyone has a great year this time around :)

I would like to nominate the Museum III.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175875.0

Over a century of epic tales, undead outbreaks, demonic invasions, and world changing bugs.
Museum III is nominated.

It has gotten quite incredible! +1 from me!
+1 for the Museum - honestly surprised it's not already on here.
+1 from me as well. It's the largest succession game I've seen in a long time, and certainly one of the longest-running in recent years, both in terms of ingame time (over 100 years) and irl time (coming up on two years in March).
+1 from me, stopped me lurking and got me to participate
+1 to the Museum III from me; it got me into adventure mode as a whole, and it's impressive how long it's lasted both in-game and out.
+1 for the Museum, the only adventure mode I've ever played. Orid Xem is an amazing world to explore, expand and change and the players just make it better.
+1 for Museum III!
+1 for the Museum

Setting a new record for speed voting The Museum III joins our ranks as a Legendary Succession Game, and a rare Adventure Mode one at that.  Given the size of the thread, I strongly encourage participants to make a backup.  Even just saving the whole webpage as an html doc for later conversion is a good start.

+1 for the tournaments, brought me back to df and modding
The collective gladiator tournaments reaches 9/10.

+1 for Thob Goes to the surface
Thob now at 5/10.

Regarding Archcrystal, the 500 year save is up (started in year 71 and it's year 571 in-game), the OP calls it "the final save" and the thread hasn't been posted on by the OP since before February. I'm pretty sure it counts as "complete", so the blurb in this thread needs to be modified.
Updated, thank you!

I noticed that Epic Fortresses is the only part of The Hall which segregates by version, due to most of those Forts having a save available.  However, if there are enough entries in any other section with working saves, then adding a sub-section would be worthwhile.  Thoughts?  Touching again on the subject of backups, I have been making blanket html saves of my favorites for eventual pdf-ification.  If anyone has done similar and would like to either host on a free cloud or simply be available for pm, feel free to post.  Alright my Dorfs, that's all for now.  Stay safe out there!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 29