Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273253 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 08:44:24 pm »

I'd also be against the new rule. That seems like hardly any succession forts would make it in, since people who enjoy them usually take a turn. Also, it would give a major advantage to suggestion games.
From what I understand, the understanding of why rules are implemented helps a lot--the rule, as I recall, was to alleviate any sense of self-boosting, that would let the community do it instead (ie Everyone else voting for the fort in question). Good things on paper, this doesn't necessarily include anyone else from doing it, and people's enjoyability at times rises when they're part of the scenario. I'd be against that rule reform of 'any participant is ineligible to vote for it' and more for a reform alongside 'quality > quantity' since votes also  depend on who is active and wants to post rather than people really feeling good about it and then posting: Pertaining to the middle ground. :P Had that issue with the RtD Hall of Fame where I PM'd NAV about some games having more votes than others, which implies quality, so the # of votes was removed and all are there equally (although votes are needed for it to enter).

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 04:53:05 am »

I believe in you Immortal-D!

After some careful scrutiny, I've realised that monk12 never added Adventures on Monster Island to the HoL, despite it having garnered enough votes to do so.

Votes added!

Adventures on Monster Island has been inducted into the Hall of Legends! *dadurrr*

Which. Is. A. Friggin. Travesty.
I.......I somehow forgot to add Adventures on Monster Island to the Hall. Could you please?

Also +1 to "The collective mega-works of vp".
I was just about to bring this up.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 05:26:38 am »

VANOD SHALL NEVER BE DENIED.

FYI Immortal-D I've moved the archive to the above post, if that's okay with you.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 08:01:29 pm »

Evening folks.  Adventures on Monster Island becomes the first Legend to officially join under the Adventure Mode category, but more will follow suit once I begin a proper cleanup.  I have amended the link for The HoL Archiving Project, now just a few posts below the main lists.  Lastly, I have modified the former entry of Arrowrags, Fortress of the Mega Dwarf to include the many other incredible statues created by that author as a single HoL candidate, which you can still find under the Nominees section.

I could have sworn that Oceanshoots had at least 3 or 4 votes, but I'm not about to go back and track it down tonight.  At the very least, that should serve as an example of the importance of archiving pictures.  I do not believe there is any way I can add a poll now, so we'll have to stick to informal:  All in favor of increasing the vote requirement to 10?

Oh, also.  I appreciate the discussion regarding my proposed rule earlier.  Good thoughts all around :)

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2017, 10:28:59 pm »

I do not believe there is any way I can add a poll now, so we'll have to stick to informal:  All in favor of increasing the vote requirement to 10?

You can, but polls are ugly and permanent. Messy in-thread voting ftw. :)
If this passes, I will no longer harbor any guilt of voting for my participating threads due to the higher bar of entry.

+1: Raise vote requirement to 10

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2017, 01:27:25 am »

I do not believe there is any way I can add a poll now, so we'll have to stick to informal:  All in favor of increasing the vote requirement to 10?

If this passes, I will no longer harbor any guilt of voting for my participating threads due to the higher bar of entry.

Yes to that (+1)
Also if you DO decide to use a poll--never set it to a permanent deadline or you will never be able to change it. :P
You can change it, but I'm unsure if you can remove it once you decide to add it. I never tried.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2017, 11:07:23 pm »

Yes to that (+1)
Also if you DO decide to use a poll--never set it to a permanent deadline or you will never be able to change it. :P
You can change it, but I'm unsure if you can remove it once you decide to add it. I never tried.
+1
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2017, 01:45:58 am »

I'll give a +1 to Mong Kima.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2017, 02:22:30 am »

Oh dear... Thank you Bearskie for saving me the trouble of reuploading pictures for Dorfday! I had no idea someone actually remembers it :P
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2017, 03:40:51 am »

It's not really source quality (you can't copy and paste it elsewhere), but you're welcome. Hit me up if you need something else captured.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2017, 06:38:31 pm »

The Increasingly Tragic Tale of Dumplin has been moved from Active to Finished.  I have also added the year to all Nominees.  In the interest of tidyness, I would like to start enforcing the 1 year Nominee rule.  Barring any objections, all 2016 entries are given until December 31, at which point they will be removed.  They can always be nominated again, but I would ask for a waiting period of at least a few months.  Lastly, I would like to take suggestions for descriptions on all items that are lacking one.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2017, 10:11:32 pm »

I still recommend ''Nation of Pearls'' for being incredibly detailed well illustrated and letting in the whole community. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163908.0

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2017, 10:17:13 pm »

I still recommend ''Nation of Pearls'' for being incredibly detailed well illustrated and letting in the whole community. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=163908.0
I know, but the author has specifically requested to be left out of the HoL for now.  Maybe in the future some time.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2017, 10:30:40 pm »

I know, but the author has specifically requested to be left out of the HoL for now.  Maybe in the future some time.

He did? sorry I was not aware of that, did he give any reason as to why?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2017, 12:29:35 am »

Yeah... sorry about that. I believe I do not deserve to be there and I'd like to be left out of anything that remotly ressemble competition because it sucks the fun out of me at incredible rate. Sorry again !
When I'm gone in the far future and people are still interested, they can vote for it but for now I'd like to be left out of the HoL
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29