Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 281824 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2017, 09:00:00 pm »

I'd like to nominate THROWBACK FORTRESS: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156873.msg6863647#msg6863647
Throwback Fortress becomes our first Nominee of December, and most likely the last one of the year.  On that note, please remember that all 2016 entries are getting purged next week.  If any of them are truly deserving, now is the time.

Err ... I thought I had a year from nomination, not calendar year. I rather revoke this nomination and put it up again in January and then do it again in December since I doubt 10 votes will happen in a week. Especially since it has to sit for a month before it can be voted on, no?
1 year from nomination is correct, I think you just misread :P  I simply meant that we probably won't get any more nominees this year.

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2017, 04:45:40 am »

Returning to the 1 year period for voting discussion, I am absolutely 100% certain the intent was for the 1 year to start ticking at nomination. Not calendar year. This feels like a more important issue than raising the vote requirement from which I will abstain from voting but say I lean towards no.

In my experience also, if you make a permanent poll, you can't remove it, but you can reset it with a different question and answers.

Also, does the 1 year start ticking from nomination or after the 1st month is up and people can start voting?
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2017, 05:41:13 pm »

1 vote for The Illustrated Dwarf, not that it matters.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2017, 08:05:49 pm »

Evening folks.  To clarify: Nominations start from the time they are first nominated.  I added the months for ease of tracking, it was just a list before.  Since the 1 year rule was never really enforced, I lumped all 2016's together for ease of management.  I don't intend to track by day of submission, that would be a pain.  A nominee has 1 year from the month of entry.  Hopefully that clarifies things.

1 vote for The Illustrated Dwarf, not that it matters.

The Illustrated Dwarf reaches 5 votes.  To use this as an example; The entry was submitted in April of 2017.  Therefore, it has until the end of April 2018 before it is removed.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2018, 03:48:07 pm »

I think this needs to be nominated:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169000.msg7659978#msg7659978

Toneshowered, the fort of mysterious statue. An enormous statue is being built outside with magma pumping, and a re-conquest of hell is ongoing.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 10:04:06 am »

I think this needs to be nominated:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169000.msg7659978#msg7659978

Toneshowered, the fort of mysterious statue. An enormous statue is being built outside with magma pumping, and a re-conquest of hell is ongoing.
Toneshowered becomes our first Nominee of 2018!  Although VP's previous statues didn't make the cut, maybe this one will fare better.  (And the others can always be nominated again).

Happy belated new year to everyone :)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2018, 01:58:00 pm »

Another +1 for Necrothreat IV
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2018, 04:24:43 pm »

+1 for Necrothreat IV

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »

I believe that makes it 10 votes now?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2018, 06:31:21 pm »

I'd like to nominate THROWBACK FORTRESS: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=156873.msg6863647#msg6863647
Throwback Fortress becomes our first Nominee of December, and most likely the last one of the year.  On that note, please remember that all 2016 entries are getting purged next week.  If any of them are truly deserving, now is the time.

Err ... I thought I had a year from nomination, not calendar year. I rather revoke this nomination and put it up again in January and then do it again in December since I doubt 10 votes will happen in a week. Especially since it has to sit for a month before it can be voted on, no?
1 year from nomination is correct, I think you just misread :P  I simply meant that we probably won't get any more nominees this year.

wait what, why are we purging 2016 entries?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2018, 06:57:04 pm »

2016? What 2016? Everyone knows that Gregory XIII, in his efforts to rehabilitate his notoriously unlucky number, conceived of a plan to transfer the stigma to another, namely 16. As such, when he reordered the calendar, all years ending in "17" were made to follow those ending in "15." Any rumors of a year yclept "2016" are the result of spurious fearmongering, likely originating from subversives of the Julian persuasion...
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2018, 08:59:50 pm »

Another +1 for Necrothreat IV
+1 for Necrothreat IV
Necrothreat IV reaches 10 votes, and is now a Legendary Necro!

The original rules state a time limit for nominees.  Although only nominally enforced, I do approve of a 1-year limit on nominees.  The HoL relies on participation, even during slow periods, and without some kind of limit, a nominee could potentially remain in the roster for years.  2016 entries that were removed can always be nominated again.  The time limit rule also remains up for debate; if there is enough concern, we can increase the limit and bring back 2016 entries for a while longer.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:35:18 pm by Immortal-D »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2018, 10:43:22 am »

1 vote for Cog the Blind Drunk! What a hilarious adventure.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2018, 09:34:28 pm »

1 vote for Cog the Blind Drunk! What a hilarious adventure.
+1 to Cog the Blind Drunk.  I started reading it tonight, good stuff :)  I've also done some very minor format editing on the Nominees section.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2018, 10:38:16 pm »

I don't know if I voted for Cog or not, this thread keeps changing and I have the memory of a goldfish.... so... +1?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29