Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273232 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2018, 07:39:43 pm »

I vote for Steelclutches because it is quite entertaining, and i actually like the format.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2018, 09:14:24 pm »

According to the rules, we have to wait a month after something has been nominated before we can vote for it.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2018, 01:14:29 pm »

According to the rules, we have to wait a month after something has been nominated before we can vote for it.
Quite right.  Originally, this rule was meant to allow discussion of a nominee before committing to a vote.  However, in light of the age requirement for nominees and the generally diminished activity here, I'd be in favor of suspending it for the time being.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2018, 09:08:43 am »

Is it possible to nominate a game that was done by 1 person on youtube to the hall of legends? Because if so, I'd like to nominate Kruggsmash's brilliantly made and storied tale of Ushangvagush, Monster Killer.  Vast amounts of story, art, a better relationship with goblins than elves, and badass dwarves throughout the history of the place, and a slow decent into madness as the tolls of their work break the spirits of the fortress through endless forgotten beasts, wars, and a tantrum spiral that never truly seemed to end until the final installment. It is 26 episodes, each a half hour, of absolute gold.

The best part? It was meant to be a small 4-5 episode affair that grew to this. Ushangvagush

EDIT: Oh, SteelClutches was being talked about. XD
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:15:44 am by RangerCado »
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2018, 10:51:01 am »

Monsterkiller is a fun fort, but it's not done yet. I know that's not a requirement, but let's get the Steelclutches saga in here before we try anything else  :P
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2018, 06:17:15 am »

It finished at the time of that post actually. :P
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2018, 08:29:50 am »

I’d like to nominate Modded Hell for its insanity, and because mixing mods is always a !fun! experiment, one that I sadly have not seen before in this hall of fame (though I might be missing something).

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2018, 10:48:39 am »

It finished at the time of that post actually. :P

I saw after I posted. The timing...

Also, I think we.need a HoL chat forum. To help keep this clean
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 10:56:49 am by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2018, 10:53:58 am »

I’d like to nominate Modded Hell for its insanity, and because mixing mods is always a !fun! experiment, one that I sadly have not seen before in this hall of fame (though I might be missing something).

I think we're supposed to wait a month for it to be a year old before we nominate, but I'm looking forward to voting for that as soon as I can.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2018, 03:21:02 pm »

I think we're supposed to wait a month for it to be a year old before we nominate, but I'm looking forward to voting for that as soon as I can.
My bad, missed that rule :/ Gotta be back in ~1 month then.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2018, 01:06:57 pm »

What's this?  Discussion in my Hall of Legends?  Madness!  Upon review, it seems that rules we have taken for granted were never formalized (here or in the past couple of threads).  I have updated the OP with revised Nomination & Voting sections.  Specifically:

- Formally added an age requirement for candidates, 6 months (you can see my reasoning in the OP)
- Kept the 1 month ban on voting for new candidates (reasoning in the OP as well)

Both rules are open to debate.  Now, on to new business:

Modded Hell is eligible, and has been added to the August submissions.

Hi- first post from me.  Sorry if placement is not correct.
Kruggsmash- "Monsterkiller". Great humour, awesome art, beautifully produced, newest version of dwarf fortress.  It gets my vote.
Is it possible to nominate a game that was done by 1 person on youtube to the hall of legends? Because if so, I'd like to nominate Kruggsmash's brilliantly made and storied tale of Ushangvagush, Monster Killer.  *snip* Ushangvagush
The Youtube series 'Monsterkiller' was recently brought to attention here.  With the new rules in place, it will be eligible for nomination next month (though this may change).

Edit: While my mind is on the details of our HoL; Right now we have it so that the person who nominates something counts as the first vote.  Should that stay?

And that concludes new business.  Once again, the rule changes are open to discussion.  Please note; I have a major test & camping trip coming up, so I'm probably going to be out of commission for the next couple of weeks.  Until then, stay drunk! :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:06:32 pm by Immortal-D »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2018, 03:17:04 pm »

Edit: While my mind is on the details of our HoL; Right now we have it so that the person who nominates something counts as the first vote.  Should that stay?

That makes total sense. I don't see why we'd have to ask nominators to re-vote on the thing they themselves suggested.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2018, 03:28:28 pm »

I'd like to voice my support to the story Cog the Blind Drunk for taking an absurd idea and rolling with it. Dwarfy, amusing, and a good candidate for the Hall.

+1, Cog the Blind Drunk.

Avanti!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2018, 03:33:58 pm »

I support the new rules.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

trib

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2018, 07:14:26 pm »

Throwing in my vote for Steelclutches series. While maybe not as epic as some of the stories here, it does tell an amazing story of a world in peril with interesting characters and tribulations with original artwork woven into the story. (Spoilers ahead) Steelclutches went from a deadly fortress that eventually succumbed to the horrors of its location to an heroic adventurer who in the end didn't achieve his destiny to a fort that was supposed to be small, but grew into the capital of the dwarves with a great arena for its legendary warriors to an offensive fortress made to kill goblins in order to bring balance that eventually discovered the mythical candy, brought in the hero adventurer and made him a set of divine armor and defeated the circus and finishing off with the grand finale adventure where the hero actually fulfills his destiny in destroying the demon leading the goblins.

Any singular fortress of the series on its own isn't worth an entry, but the whole story of the world that came from the original fortress certainly is, in my opinion at least. Maybe it would have been better called the Ageless Realms series because really it was about the whole world.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 07:24:55 pm by trib »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29