Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273233 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2018, 10:27:40 am »

My vote to Ageless Realm series. So maybe let's wait for what might follow ushengvagush? (even tough we had an epic ending he might recycle the world) at least until his next video  ;D
let

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2018, 07:27:07 pm »

Evening all!  Lets get to it.  In accordance with the new rules, Steelclutches is now eligible for voting.  I'm probably off by a week, but it's close.  I'll make a point of better tracking the nomination date going forward.

Edit: While my mind is on the details of our HoL; Right now we have it so that the person who nominates something counts as the first vote.  Should that stay?

That makes total sense. I don't see why we'd have to ask nominators to re-vote on the thing they themselves suggested.
I was thinking that the nominator would not count as the first vote, since that effectively makes the requirement 9 instead of 10.  However, that would likely be more confusing than it's worth.
I support the new rules.
Good to know :)  I wasn't certain about the specifics of the time requirements, just going with my gut right now.
My vote to Ageless Realm series. So maybe let's wait for what might follow ushengvagush? (even tough we had an epic ending he might recycle the world) at least until his next video  ;D
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this. Is Ageless Realm another Youtube series?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd like to voice my support to the story Cog the Blind Drunk for taking an absurd idea and rolling with it. Dwarfy, amusing, and a good candidate for the Hall.

+1, Cog the Blind Drunk.
Another notch for Cog.
Throwing in my vote for Steelclutches series.
Steelcluthces receives its' first (technically second) vote.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2018, 11:10:15 pm »

The ageless realms is the series of four adventures encapsulating the Steelclutches fortress.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2018, 08:30:36 pm »

The ageless realms is the series of four adventures encapsulating the Steelclutches fortress.
Ahh, ok.  I'll take that as a vote for Steelclutches then.  If the author ever does something unrelated in the same world, then we can consider grouping it all together.  So, +1 to Steelclutches from dragdeler.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2018, 11:29:19 pm »

I also cast my vote for the Steelclutches Saga
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

macca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2018, 05:50:56 pm »

+1 vote for the Steelclutches saga  :) :)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2018, 07:52:27 pm »

Mid-week stuff! First, Modded Hell is now eligible for voting.

I also cast my vote for the Steelclutches Saga
+1 vote for the Steelclutches saga  :) :)
Steelclutches hits 5 votes.

*quietly goes back to his tequila*

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2018, 08:11:24 pm »

*quietly goes back to his tequila*

There is no such thing as 'quietly' going back to tequila.
     Also, first vote for Modded Hell, the one place where the rampant bush-fires were part of our defence strategy.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2018, 11:05:45 pm »

I’d like to nominate Modded Hell for its insanity, and because mixing mods is always a !fun! experiment, one that I sadly have not seen before in this hall of fame (though I might be missing something).

+1

MottledPetral's heroic yet hilariously Sisyphean quest to successfully play a copy of Dwarf Fortess mutated by over 30 mods deserves to be remembered.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #114 on: September 28, 2018, 06:03:59 pm »

I’d like to nominate Modded Hell for its insanity, and because mixing mods is always a !fun! experiment, one that I sadly have not seen before in this hall of fame (though I might be missing something).

+1

MottledPetral's heroic yet hilariously Sisyphean quest to successfully play a copy of Dwarf Fortess mutated by over 30 mods deserves to be remembered.

+1 There’s not only fire, but fire from Pokémon, Hellacopters, and some nightmarish mario enemy all at the same time! Also bob-ombs and laser-dinosaurs combatting incoming waves of eldrich abominations and forum users. And hopefully cheese-mancing.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2018, 05:11:27 am »

+1

+1 There’s not only fire, but fire from Pokémon, Hellacopters, and some nightmarish mario enemy all at the same time! Also bob-ombs and laser-dinosaurs combatting incoming waves of eldrich abominations and forum users. And hopefully cheese-mancing.
+1
Overall, hell is a good description, for the inhabitants suffering, the attackers dying painfully (If at all), and the laughing demonic players far above, revelling in the pain of the damned.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2018, 01:30:49 pm »

+1 for modded hell.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2018, 11:48:31 am »

I vote for Whisperwhip to be added to the Hall of Legends. That pig cave-in fiasco was legendary.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 09, 2018, 08:24:46 pm »

Is mid-week updates becoming a habit? The world may never know.  The Youtube series 'Monsterkiller' actually qualified for nomination last month, but I got confused when Steelclutches came up. I have created reminders for myself about time limits of the new rules, I promise.  I know one person wanted to nominate that series, but I'd like to wait for confirmation.

There is no such thing as 'quietly' going back to tequila.
     Also, first vote for Modded Hell,
+1

+1
You're the one who nominated in the first place  :P

+1
+1 for modded hell.

4 new votes for Modded Hell brings it to 5 total.

I vote for Whisperwhip to be added to the Hall of Legends. That pig cave-in fiasco was legendary.
And Whisperwhip hits 8 votes to round out the update.

Sver

• Bay Watcher
  • An army marches on its oiling and waxing
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 01, 2018, 12:35:32 pm »

It's technically (ok, factually) not october anymore, but I'd like to throw

+1 for Cog the Blind Drunk

as the story has just got updated and refreshed.
DF Combat Reworked
No overpowered force transfer, no easy life without a kidney, more functional variety among the weapons and other improvements.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 29