Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273343 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #150 on: December 31, 2019, 01:27:01 pm »

+1 for Likot Ubendeb
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2020, 07:53:17 am »

+1 for Likot Ubendeb

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 31, 2020, 01:39:25 pm »

Today I realized that Loud Whisper's "Ravens are murder" never made it to the Hall of Legends. A travesty! I hereby nominate it for induction.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2020, 07:29:10 pm »

Today I realized that Loud Whisper's "Ravens are murder" never made it to the Hall of Legends. A travesty! I hereby nominate it for induction.

Wait, really? Isn't that the undead-ravens-versus-hell thing? That's quite famous.

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NordicNooob

• Bay Watcher
  • *Not actually Nordic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2020, 09:57:31 pm »

Wait, really? Isn't that the undead-ravens-versus-hell thing? That's quite famous.

+1
+1 from me as well. Not only is ravens taking over hell hilarious, but the fort itself is an actual accomplishment.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 02, 2020, 12:26:57 am »

+1 to Ravens are Murder"

That was truly a great one

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 05, 2020, 08:04:26 pm »

Hey, just thought I should let you know the link to the Boatmurdered wiki page is broken. Here's a working replacement.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 06, 2020, 05:09:49 pm »

Ravens are murder is not in the Hall already!? Another +1 from me.
I myself give it a +1
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 06, 2020, 11:50:37 pm »

BreadBowl is no longer active, and has now gained 2 sequels, one of which is officially also non-active. If I didn't do so a year ago, I vote for Modded Hell.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 08, 2020, 08:47:09 pm »

Hey everyone.  First things first; I believe an apology is order- I've been setting the wrong tone here.  My lamenting about the Hall being more idle than usual is incredibly counter-productive.  DF is getting older, and the things which we consider extraordinary have therefore become more rare.  The simple fact is, we have entered The Age of Twilight.  The Hall will be here, slow times & fast.  That said, I've started saving my favorite pieces as local html archives until I can figure out a proper pdf conversion, in order to contribute to the preservation project.

Lastly; I've reviewed the previous 2 HoL threads and found that for the most part, Legends were confirmed in a relatively short time, on average less than 8 months.  Therefore, the 1 year time limit shall remain.  And remember, you can always nominate anything again if you feel it worthy.  On that note, I will also make a point of posting when a nominee reaches the 1 year time limit and is removed (never meant to stealth edit, just didn't think about it).  Ok, now on to new business.

Steelclutches is the first long series Krugg did, with Monsterkiller being the second and Honeystoker the third.

Personally I feel like his whole channel is just one big piece of art worthy of recognition.
+1 Honeystoker
Kruggsmash's whole bit reaches 8 votes.  Combined with being over a year old, Steelcluthes and other series doesn't make the cut this time.

BreadBowl is no longer active, and has now gained 2 sequels, one of which is officially also non-active. If I didn't do so a year ago, I vote for Modded Hell.
Modded Hell also hits 8 votes over 1 year, and is removed from Nominees.  Just for emphasis, I repeat that anything can be nominated again if deemed truly worth.

+1 for Likot Ubendeb
+1 for Likot Ubendeb
Likot is at 3 votes.

+1
+1 from me as well.
+1 to Ravens are Murder"
Ravens are murder is not in the Hall already!? Another +1 from me.
I myself give it a +1
As if to prove my point, Ravens are murder is nominated and has 6 votes.

Hey, just thought I should let you know the link to the Boatmurdered wiki page is broken. Here's a working replacement.
Fixed, thank you!

Alright, I think that covers everything.  Now I just have to figure out why my avatar stopped working :-\

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 08, 2020, 09:25:30 pm »

Now I just have to figure out why my avatar stopped working :-\

For some unknown reason, the field in your details page where you put the address of your avatar only accepts addresses starting with "HTTP://" meaning Imgur won't work any longer as it is "HTTPS://".  That's all I got, *shrugs*
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 08, 2020, 11:20:15 pm »

+1 to Ravens are Murder

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2020, 03:57:47 am »

Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29