Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273224 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2020, 03:47:17 pm »

That's right, I just went back and read the first post.  My mistake.  Happy it has been nominated though.
I thought that nominations could not be voted for until after their first month of candidacy?
I'm now questioning the practicality of that rule.  It sounds good in theory, but in practice it hasn't made a difference.  On average, if a nominee is to become legendary, it usually happens very quickly regardless.  There are exceptions, but for the most part people know what they like, and there is rarely discussion of merits.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2020, 06:59:16 pm »

I don't care for the rule, personally.  Maybe you could put it to a vote?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 09, 2020, 06:29:25 pm »

I'd like to nominate McCreary's Planet, a suggestion game.  Can it be voted for now or is it necessary to wait a month?

A bisexual space-witch questions existence and her place in the universe.  A young woman awakens in a dingy hut. Suffering from amnesia, she discovers herself through the battles she fights and the wars she wages. Slowly, she begins to discover her place in a high sci-fi universe filled with wonder and terror. Inspired by the works of Hideaki Anno and Eiichiro Oda.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 11:15:22 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 10, 2020, 03:18:45 am »

I thought that would go in the RTD hall of fame.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 10, 2020, 06:53:59 am »

It seems unfair that Adventures of Likot Ubendeb isn't in Hall of Legends.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 10, 2020, 09:13:15 am »

McCreary’s Planet isn’t an RTD, so it can’t go there. It would fit here, though.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 10, 2020, 10:01:20 am »

This is the correct place.  Take a look at what the previous archivist said:

Can forum games be nominated?
Yes. Absolutely. There is a forum game section in the Hall of Legends for a reason.

Those go here Roll to Dodge Hall of Fame & Library.
Technically that is only for Roll to Dodge games, which is a specific style of forum game in a specific subforum.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2020, 05:36:34 pm »

I agree. It's epic.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 11, 2020, 03:56:50 am »

I agree. It's epic.
I thought we already voted to get it in.

This is the correct place.  Take a look at what the previous archivist said:
I'd already forgotten that this has happened before.

Also +1 to McCreary’s Planet.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Criperum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 11, 2020, 09:50:15 am »

I agree. It's epic.

Yes but it wasn't added.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 11, 2020, 05:41:02 pm »

Hey folks.  There is a relatively large amount of new stuff to tackle, so here we go.

That's right, I just went back and read the first post.  My mistake.  Happy it has been nominated though.
I thought that nominations could not be voted for until after their first month of candidacy?
I'm now questioning the practicality of that rule.  It sounds good in theory, but in practice it hasn't made a difference.  On average, if a nominee is to become legendary, it usually happens very quickly regardless.  There are exceptions, but for the most part people know what they like, and there is rarely discussion of merits.
There is not enough activity to make a vote practical, so I'm using my discretion here.  The 1 month waiting between nomination and voting is suspended for now.  If in the future we start seeing like 4 or 5 nominations per month, it will be reinstated.  The Dwarven Language Codified can be voted upon by those who wish to.

The Dwarven Language Codified gets my vote too.  It's quite an undertaking, and very thorough.
+1 to DLC
Dwarven Language Codified hits 5 votes, which does include those from the previous update.

It's a good idea to go through the nominees every now and then.
+1 to Bridgeflickered.
Bridgeflickered now has 2.

I'd like to nominate McCreary's Planet, a suggestion game.  Can it be voted for now or is it necessary to wait a month?

A bisexual space-witch questions existence and her place in the universe.  A young woman awakens in a dingy hut. Suffering from amnesia, she discovers herself through the battles she fights and the wars she wages. Slowly, she begins to discover her place in a high sci-fi universe filled with wonder and terror. Inspired by the works of Hideaki Anno and Eiichiro Oda.
Just as a reminder; The 6 month age minimum is a rule I am enforcing.  The nominee was posted February 9, which makes it 6 months old as of two days ago.  Using my discretion, the 1-month waiting period is on hold for now.
Also +1 to McCreary’s Planet.
McCreary's Planet join the nominees at 2 votes.

You did, and it's still there.  The required number of votes changed to 10 when I took over, following discussions immediately upon creation of the new Hall.  I feel this is still valid, as is the 1 year limit on nominees.  Likot has 6 votes and will remain nominated until December 2020.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 05:52:53 pm by Immortal-D »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 11, 2020, 07:36:54 pm »

Another +1 to McCreary's Planet.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 11, 2020, 07:46:33 pm »

It seems a bit strange to increase the number of votes necessary for the hall, when overall activity in this forum seems to be declining.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 11, 2020, 08:45:17 pm »

It seems a bit strange to increase the number of votes necessary for the hall, when overall activity in this forum seems to be declining.
I gave this a lot of thought when I started, and there was a fair bit of discussion early on as well.  If the community was only a couple hundred strong, I would agree.  However, the DF community (even just looking at recent active users) numbers a lot more.  While there has been reduced overall activity in this sub-forum, total users across the boards is more or less stable.  Ten votes over a whole year is not a serious obstacle for a group this size, I don't think.  I am of course open to debate as ever, if anybody has 2 coppers on the issue.

And as long as I'm awake at this ungodly hour
Another +1 to McCreary's Planet.
McCreary notches another +1.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 11, 2020, 11:13:29 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 29