Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 273228 times)

recon1o6

• Bay Watcher
  • Developing a race, explosive booze and death traps
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2020, 02:38:45 pm »

may i add a vote to bridgeflickered?
Urist McRecon cancels make exploding booze: Interrupted by bad idea
Urist McRecon cancels bad idea: missing raw files
Urist McRecon cancels add raw files: Interrupted by fortress mode
Urist McRecon cancels play fortress mode: Needs exploding booze
Urist McRecon cancels acquire exploding booze: No materials

CountAlex

• Bay Watcher
  • SpoonMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 17, 2020, 11:04:16 am »

Not sure if my vote would count as I created the thread but I am also merely a translator so +1 to Likot if that's allowed.
Adventures of brave Likot Udendeb in pictures
Urist McLegendary likes adamantine, steel, mugs and noobs for their questions. He absolutely detests trolls.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 11, 2020, 06:53:36 pm »

can i nominate Dawnthunder as a candidate? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173393.msg7937728#msg7937728
the fortress of duped raws and general chaos
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2020, 10:25:17 am »

Short update today.  For everyone asking if a candidate can be nominated, I direct your attention to part 2 of the OP.  That hasn't changed since I started; the only requirement is being at least 6 months old, to ensure we don't get flooded with 'flavor of the month'.  Now then, to business.

+1 McCreary
This tale hits 4.

may i add a vote to bridgeflickered?
If you mouse-over the vote total, you can see the names of everyone who has voted.  So yes, yes you can.  Bridgeflickered is now at 3.

Not sure if my vote would count as I created the thread but I am also merely a translator so +1 to Likot if that's allowed.
Translation and other archiving is just fine.  Likot reaches 7 votes.

can i nominate Dawnthunder as a candidate? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173393.msg7937728#msg7937728
the fortress of duped raws and general chaos
Well over 6 months old, so that's just fine.  Dawnthunder is nominated as of September 2020.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 29, 2020, 04:48:15 am »

I'll chuck a vote onto Likot as well. Well deserving at this point just for how long it is.

Fat Edit
My vote hasn't counted yet so I'm hoping you haven't seen this yet in order to avoid a double post. I'd also like to vote for Dawnthunder (you've misspelled the name on the first page, btw)

And for Bridgeflickered while I'm at it.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:10:05 am by delphonso »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2020, 11:49:09 pm »

I would like to vote for Dawnthunder, as well.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 07, 2020, 12:55:41 pm »

I'm dropping a vote for Dawnthundered.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 07, 2020, 08:42:36 pm »

Evening my Dorfs.  Hope you're all doing well :)

I'll chuck a vote onto Likot as well. Well deserving at this point just for how long it is.

Fat Edit
My vote hasn't counted yet so I'm hoping you haven't seen this yet in order to avoid a double post. I'd also like to vote for Dawnthunder (you've misspelled the name on the first page, btw)

And for Bridgeflickered while I'm at it.
Delphonso over here throwing around his fat edits.  Truly shameful :P  A point each to Likot (8.) and Bridgeflickered (4).

I would like to vote for Dawnthunder, as well.
I'm dropping a vote for Dawnthundered.
Dawnthundered adds both +3 and correct spelling.

Iä! RIAKTOR!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 25, 2020, 07:20:20 am »

I vote for Likot Ubendeb.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 02, 2021, 08:41:44 pm »

Happy new year Dorfs :)  When I first took over the Hall, there was some discussion about cleaning up and otherwise enforcing the rules.  A recent post brought this up again, and so I'd like to get some opinions.  I do believe that a time limit is necessary; some of our current Legends made the Hall because they were nominated for well over 2&1/2 years.  However, activity in this particular sub-forum is down.  Trying to gauge this is effectively impossible, but I recognize that periodic adjustments are needed.  If you feel that 1 year and 10 votes is too much of a burden, then I'd ask what the requirements should be.  Perhaps a poll to adjust every 6 months or so?  Much of the current rules have been clarification of existing ones, and without any further feedback, I will continue going with my instincts.  To that end:

I vote for Likot Ubendeb.
+1 for Likot, which has reached the 1 year threshold.  The nomination will remain for a little bit, pending any input about the aforementioned.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 02, 2021, 08:44:46 pm »

I vote for Likot. I do feel like the requirement needs to be adjusted. Maybe 8 votes in a year? 6 seems too low, but a lot of threads fall just barely short of the goal.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 03, 2021, 02:48:32 am »

Maybe 8 votes in a year?
That sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 03, 2021, 07:52:46 am »

8 is good for me too
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2021, 05:36:40 pm »

Evenin Dorfs.  While I'm still not certain about the vote limit, I have said before that I will not be strict about the cutoff, and with a 10th vote a couple days past, Likot Ubendeb joins the immortals as a Legendary Story (and a very much active one, to boot).  Congratulations to the author, and big thanks to CountAlex for the translations and other media links.

As for the vote threshold: I do agree that a few nominations have fallen just short, but I would also argue that's a good thing.  An entry can be amusing, well written, etc., but not necessarily unique.  Off the top of my head, I can think of half a dozen posts across the boards that I have bookmarked for rereading, but would not live up to legendary status.  Again, this is by no means final, just trying to talk it out (which, while normally occurring in my head, does not benefit all of you without typing, lol).

Edit: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest has been moved to Finished/Abandoned, last post 2016.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 05:42:54 pm by Immortal-D »

fatcat__25

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes apple trees for their fruit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2021, 02:01:01 pm »

I would like to nominate Smallhands: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175473.0

Ghouls, Necromancy, Feverish Goo, and !!SCIENCE!! all in a small space. Also the home of the first truly unkillable dwarf.
Fort is running at 21 FPS, the ground is having a panic attack in places, and what looks like a conga line of zombified Hungry Heads has formed on (I think) Z-level 32 of the caverns.
I love dwarven status reports.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29