Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised  (Read 282268 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hall of Legends, 5th ed. revised
« Reply #375 on: April 29, 2023, 03:15:47 am »

I looked at it but I can't get imgur to load for me, hopefully someone who can get it to load can get it.

I'm gonna go after:
 Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) (Has pictures on photobucket and I can't get them for some reason.)
 Dragon Realm Chronicles (Not in the hall but has the potential)
 Severedcoils (Not in the hall)
 Severedcoils II (Not in the hall)
 The Littlest Cheesemaker

Things I've finished: (I've yet to upload any of this, really need to up load this stuff.)
 Adventures of Likot Ubendeb (SoapEater)
 Thob Goes to the Surface
 Dwarf Fortress +Papercrafts+ ; Tales of Kudarkalur (Isn't in the hall)
 Dwarf Fortress -Drawings- ; Tales of the Deer Wizard (Isn't in the hall)
 Eat your Mushrooms (Isn't in the hall)
 Cog the blind Drunk
 the peasant dwarf (Isn't in the hall)
 Losing Is Fun - The Interactive Comic
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 29, 2023, 02:23:01 pm »

I've been wondering about Roomcarnage. The story is on imgur and for some reason it won't work every time I try to download a page. It may have to be done manually. The old thread ends a few months back with the creator talking about archiving it.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2023, 03:56:06 pm »

I've been wondering about Roomcarnage. The story is on imgur and for some reason it won't work every time I try to download a page. It may have to be done manually. The old thread ends a few months back with the creator talking about archiving it.

It can be done automatically, and I'm in the process of it right now ;)

Edit: It's a lot of images, currently at 3.9 GB and counting, at chapter 57. Which is above the DFFD limit, but I suppose it can be broken into chunks of some dozen chapters each... I'll let that be a problem for tomorrow.

Edit 2: 11.3 GB! The later chapters had a lot more images (which maybe are .mp4 files rather than .gif? they show up fine regardless), so maybe this isn't too too unexpected.

Edit 3: And it's done, as eighteen (!) separate uploads to DFFD. Phew. Link to the first of them: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16633

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2023, 11:47:49 pm »

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Zombie - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16651
The Journey of Deebus - https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=16652
I'm finding that a lot of the threads have missing images or just plain don't have any images. There is also some that use a different file host. Should they still be downloaded?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2023, 01:25:03 am »

Well damn I just saw that the peasant dwarf had already been done, having two copies is better than none.
Also turns out Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) was also done, not to upset about that one since I couldn't figure out how to download the pictures from it.

Things I'm working on:
 The Littlest Cheesemaker
 Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls

Things I've finished: (I've yet to upload any of this, really need to up load this stuff.)
 Thob Goes to the Surface
 Cog the blind Drunk
 the peasant dwarf (I downloaded this one and someone else already downloaded it.)
 Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) (Someone else already did it.)
 Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2023, 01:49:22 pm »

Severedcoils has already been uploaded to the DFFD.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2023, 11:53:31 pm »

Hey folks.  Thank you all for your continued diligence.  I will be updating our checklist tomorrow, including the restoration of dead images.  As tends to happen, I had a lot thrown at me very suddenly, but I will definitely have more time this week to help finish our project.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2023, 01:27:20 am »

Severedcoils has already been uploaded to the DFFD.
Crap, and it wasn't even that long ago that it was uploaded.

Also I just found out you can search for stuff on DFFD, didn't know that, probably should have looked for that feature when this fist started, but it's to late now.

AvolitionBrit

• Bay Watcher
  • Funk to Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2023, 10:09:38 am »

Hey folks.  Thank you all for your continued diligence.  I will be updating our checklist tomorrow, including the restoration of dead images.  As tends to happen, I had a lot thrown at me very suddenly, but I will definitely have more time this week to help finish our project.

Something i have wanted to do is try and recover what has been lost. If you need any help on recovery let me know. :)
The return of the thin white duke, throwing darts in lovers eyes

Drunken scholar

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 03, 2023, 12:49:04 pm »

Hey folks.  The list has been updated, including my own work to date.  I will try to burn through a bunch more this week.

Something i have wanted to do is try and recover what has been lost. If you need any help on recovery let me know. :)
I will definitely take you up on that shortly.

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 03, 2023, 03:11:09 pm »

Hey guys. I've taken the liberty of going through the list of archived legends so far (thanks for that, Immortal-D) and putting their known backups beside them for ease of access and error-checking (assuming I didn't make an error when editing this.) Pretty sure a few have broken images, though, and I've marked the ones I know have.

Spoiler: The List (click to show/hide)

In the meantime, I'll start looking into archiving the Sparkgears series and noting down broken images in those threads.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2023, 10:03:54 am by Quantum Drop »
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 03, 2023, 09:45:00 pm »

I started on doomforests (because I love the tale that was spun there), however I am a bit tech-stupid and soon grew tired of manually performing the backup task. is there any way to easily download a whole thread without totally destroying my tendons? Preferably some kind of program with an editable txt file or command line  I can manipulate to my (ignorant) desires, which are simply to download the entire thread and associated images. .

insectcalm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2023, 01:12:25 am »

Sparkgear, Lanternwebs, Battlefailed, Flamebanner as well as others already have a pdf. Should we just upload those to the archive? Most of the other threads don't have pictures.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2023, 03:51:23 am »

I still haven't uploaded anything, mostly because time spent making an account is time that could be spent saving more stuff and that's what I've been doing in my limited free time.

Anyway I've decided to go after The Warrens of Oric the Awesome, might hate myself for that decision later but it needs to be done, also holy crap 1544 pages, hopefully I can get them all in time.

Thob Goes to the Surface
 Cog the blind Drunk
 the peasant dwarf (I downloaded this one and someone else already downloaded it.)
 Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) (Someone else already did it.)
 Waterlures - A Capybara Man Fortress & Adventure
 The Littlest Cheesemaker
 Mong Kima - The Nation of Pearls

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:53:39 am by King Zultan »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29