Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS 2!! (v0.28.181.40d | NEW OVERSEERS URGENTLY NEEDED)  (Read 42579 times)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS 2!! (v0.28.181.40d | Sign up now!)
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2017, 05:04:01 pm »

Damn. You're fast. Great job!

EDIT: Looking at the save. The fort's much better than the sorry state I left it in. But why is everything in my tomb marked for dumping?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:09:09 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »

EDIT: Looking at the save. The fort's much better than the sorry state I left it in. But why is everything in my tomb marked for dumping?

er? I just checked the save. There's a garbage dump that you put in, but nothing is marked for dumping that I see. Post a screenshot of what you mean.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 05:19:32 pm »

er? I just checked the save. There's a garbage dump that you put in, but nothing is marked for dumping that I see. Post a screenshot of what you mean.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There it is. Nothing in the tomb, but the buildings themselves.

It might be that I just forgot to remove the dump tag on the buildings... but idk.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2017, 05:23:56 pm »

That's odd. I think it was that way when I opened the save. Did you mass dump stone out of your tomb?

I hadn't touched it though I was tempted to disassemble it for random statues and such, or just to pile the other bodies in there, but I did that joke in Boarpants, and in a few other forts so it got stale.

Incidentally, and I didn't fix this, but I don't think one chair around a table won't work correctly for a dining room; tables can't be shared between dwarfs at the same time AFAIK. I also changed your dwarf to be sheriff but didn't build out the rooms. STONE TO THE STONE GOD. BRIDGES TO THE BRIDGES GOD.

We should totally do an aboveground fort :)
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 05:49:31 pm »

That's odd. I think it was that way when I opened the save. Did you mass dump stone out of your tomb?

I hadn't touched it though I was tempted to disassemble it for random statues and such, or just to pile the other bodies in there, but I did that joke in Boarpants, and in a few other forts so it got stale.

Incidentally, and I didn't fix this, but I don't think one chair around a table won't work correctly for a dining room; tables can't be shared between dwarfs at the same time AFAIK. I also changed your dwarf to be sheriff but didn't build out the rooms. STONE TO THE STONE GOD. BRIDGES TO THE BRIDGES GOD.

We should totally do an aboveground fort :)

I'd be game for that. If you don't want to start it yourself, I could even make it !!THROWBACK FORTRESS 3!! once this fort is done.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2017, 06:28:25 pm »

I'd be game for that. If you don't want to start it yourself, I could even make it !!THROWBACK FORTRESS 3!! once this fort is done.

Won't throwback 3 be DF 2010? :)

Probably one of the buggist mainline series of DF versions ever, and one of the few to ever have Toady take a feature out back and shot (arsenal dwarf). Off hand, I remember the following major bugs
 - Dungeon Master MIA
   - (which had an additional bug that PET_EXOTIC wasn't even checked by the code if I remember the DFhack discussion on this)
 - Hilariously broken military bugs (with some still present to this day)
 - Wagons MIA (lasted until DF2012)
 - First version where FPS death became a serious problem.
 - Glitchy noble promotion.
   - The *only* way to get it to work was lock up the mayor away from the liason until AFTER the dwarven caravan left the map
 - Diplomats/visiting nobles broken (easy fix there though)
 - Sieges fail to bug out when leader is captured (though that might have been introduced in 40d. It wasn't a 23a problem AFAIK)
 - Outpost liason/king drop dead on old age on edge of the map
 - Clothing broken, to the point Toady had to remove the negative thoughts until he finally fixed it.

It did bring a lot of good though:
 - Magma/candy always present (on 3x3 embark)
 - Demonic fortresses only existed here and DF2012
 - Resizable window + consistent keyboard
 - Macros (the way we used to get to magma before multilevel designation)
 - Caverns frequently had water/trees making some biomes considerably more survivable.
   - (40d glaciers are *hard*, and borderline impossible if you don't have a magma pipe. Pools are finite magma if I remember correctly).

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2017, 08:37:51 pm »

I have the save, but like I said earlier I'm pretty busy right now so I probably won't get to it until later in the week. Zanzetkuken, if you want to go before me you can.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2017, 09:11:10 pm »

Well that didn't last long. Can someone dwarf one of my relatives as Taupe II...?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2017, 10:15:45 pm »

Well that didn't last long. Can someone dwarf one of my relatives as Taupe II...?

You asked for useless, I gave you useless. You came, you consumed booze, and then you died. Now your body is in a coffin somewhere. Probably. If I reclaimed it.

Only thing more useless would be a soap maker, or possibly a carp.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2017, 10:43:51 pm »

Put you in the dorfing list as Taupe II

Also, NCommander, did you dorf Witty?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 06:13:22 am »

No, didn't get a jewelry. Put me back in the queue for round two.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 09:30:39 am »

Hey now, don't forget my dwarfing request.  :)

Been a while since I've seen a sky-trade-depot with bridges, oh memories.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 09:53:05 am »

I have the save, but like I said earlier I'm pretty busy right now so I probably won't get to it until later in the week. Zanzetkuken, if you want to go before me you can.

Mmkay. Sending a PM to Zanzetkuken

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 05:46:29 pm »

Huh.  Okay, let's see how much I screw things up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 06:51:01 pm »

No, didn't get a jewelry. Put me back in the queue for round two.

Mmkay. Back in you go. However, I'll probably give priority to new players over you if some sign up by the time your turn comes. You okay with that?

Hey now, don't forget my dwarfing request.  :)

Been a while since I've seen a sky-trade-depot with bridges, oh memories.

...I'm pretty sure I dorfed you during my turn.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21