Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Constant crashing on 1.29  (Read 1510 times)

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Constant crashing on 1.29
« on: November 26, 2017, 03:16:00 pm »

I first encountered this when I was playing with orcs and then again when playing with dwarves. It only happens very frequently at ~50 members. A commonality I found in the error log was this at the bottom, which Im assuming is what made the crash:

Unit has misaligned body modifiers.  Adjusting.

Has anyone seen this before and knows how to fix it?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Constant crashing on 1.29
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »

Did you change something in their body parts after generating the world? That might do it.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 03:27:20 pm »

Did you change something in their body parts after generating the world? That might do it.

Nope I havent touched the raws

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 05:11:47 pm »

I'm not sure then, I don't play Masterwork. Sorry.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 05:45:06 pm »

I haven't seen it in the course of ~8 orc and dwarf forts in this version; fwiw I play with most of the extra monsters, random creatures etc off.

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 10:04:40 pm »

I haven't seen it in the course of ~8 orc and dwarf forts in this version; fwiw I play with most of the extra monsters, random creatures etc off.
is there a way to setup a debug for df, so I can tell which unit has the misaligned body modifiers?

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 10:48:48 pm »

I looked at dwarf therapist and found that a scarecrow and 2 stone decoys arrived in the summer of 83, yet there arent anywhere to be seen and they arent in any of the unit lists, could they be causing this crash?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 08:00:56 am »

possibly its one of the reasons I hate the 0 gait creatures.  they can't personally move from off to on the map in migration moves.  Personally such creatures need to be designed as say [DOES NOT EXIST]? maybe and then only possible through dfhacking into the fort from reactions to keep them from being stuck on the outskirts.

I have no idea if it actually would be causing the crash in question.  Misaligned body parts, usually doesn't cause a crash, DF is designed to handle that, and generally I've only seen that appear with the random generated creatures...  Which is why I usually don't turn them on, and they should be off by default in 1.29.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 02:53:17 pm »

possibly its one of the reasons I hate the 0 gait creatures.  they can't personally move from off to on the map in migration moves.  Personally such creatures need to be designed as say [DOES NOT EXIST]? maybe and then only possible through dfhacking into the fort from reactions to keep them from being stuck on the outskirts.

I have no idea if it actually would be causing the crash in question.  Misaligned body parts, usually doesn't cause a crash, DF is designed to handle that, and generally I've only seen that appear with the random generated creatures...  Which is why I usually don't turn them on, and they should be off by default in 1.29.
Yea i turn them on because I like the more creatures, if I turn it off now will it affect my save or will I need to generate a new world?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 08:47:20 am »

turning raws off only affects new generated worlds, the only thing you can switch in a save is the graphics. through MDF.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

chilller6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 03:13:10 pm »

turning raws off only affects new generated worlds, the only thing you can switch in a save is the graphics. through MDF.
Im going to try to turn them off and make a new world to see if it makes a difference, these random creatures are all of the ones under the random creature category right?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 08:12:47 am »

correct,  they aren't really random as in everytime you turn it on random... they were just randomly generated.... which in my opinion made them worthless to be called random now.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group