Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Earworm detection and removal thread! (or "I heard this on the radio..." thread)  (Read 786 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

This one song on the radio got stuck in my head and I've already spent an hour looking for it, I'm getting desperate to remove it.

The things I know for sure that it was French (words like 'la vie' keep popping in my head), had a male lead singer, and a chorus that sung the refrain(s) with him.

The melody was somewhat electronic-y? Something you would find in late 80s/early 90s maybe, maybe a bit later.

And the refrains were strange; it wasn't like they were singing something, but rather reciting a block of text in a rhythm.

Anyone? Halp?
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile

You.. listened to a French song?
Ohgods I am so sorry, you're lost.
There's been a few cases where amputation of the brain's auditive cortex alleviated some symptoms, but those are just a few exceptional cases.

Your best bet might lie on the bottom of a bottle of wine. As long as it's not French wine. Spanish wines, German wines, all good. Even South African, or if worst comes to worst, South American wines could help. Just don't touch that French wine, or you could be be lost to the world forever.

But then, c'est la vie
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And the refrains were strange; it wasn't like they were singing something, but rather reciting a block of text in a rhythm.

That sounds like 80's style rapping, as opposed to the more modern hiphop style.

Other than that, you got no hope finding this song that way. My best advice is get another ear-worm going. Get 20 remixes of "crazy frog" and "doop doop" and listen to them in a loop.

The only way you'd find this song is by getting in touch with whoever did that radio show.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 09:36:26 pm by Reelya »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

No. You need to listen to 'French erotic film' on loop.  That will crowd it out.

A bit dated, but seems situationally appropriate here.

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile

A bit of a necro, but If you still haven't found the song, check out the artist Stromae.

He's internationally famous, and his songs somewhat fit the description. So it's a solid chance it's him.