Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So. Hawaii. Let's Talk about that.  (Read 4840 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
So. Hawaii. Let's Talk about that.
« on: November 26, 2017, 04:54:50 pm »

So! We've reached that point of the move here. The any day now point.

So pretty soon, possible on next Saturday, I'm gonna board a plane to Hawaii. I will build a house with dad and one of my younger brothers. Then, after over a week or maybe more, the rest of my family will come.

I'll be the first to admit. I screwed this up because I wasn't sure about the time. At first, I thought I'd be gone there without internet for a month, and now it's with internet for a week. Maybe. I don't flipping know. I'll only find out when I get there. So I'll say it now: I would not bet on me having Internet during that time, so assume I'll be gone for two weeks. Maybe more, maybe less.

Next, even if I do have internet in that time, I probably won't be very active because, surprise, building a house is hard.

Finally, I am gonna be making a blog. Working on that now, you'll be seeing more on that in the future. When I do, I'll post about it here, so make sure to PTW if interested. And when I know that tomorrow I'll be going, I'll say so here as well.

Any questions?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: So. Hawaii. Let's Talk about that.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 05:15:08 pm »

No questions from me. Good luck on your move!

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 05:22:06 pm »

No questions here, either. Hope everything goes well!

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:21:54 pm »

Good luck!  Keep the moon above you, eh?
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:56:50 am »

Good Luck!
Also, give the people who run the government there a high-five for me. They're tackling the lootbox issue.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 09:06:44 am »

Thanks guys!

Also, give the people who run the government there a high-five for me. They're tackling the lootbox issue.

Hmm... I have no idea what you're talking about. Minding sending me an article link or something?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 09:38:25 am »

Thanks guys!

Hmm... I have no idea what you're talking about. Minding sending me an article link or something?
At school, so can't easily link a article. Look up 'hawaii lootboxes'

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 09:44:33 am »

Basically, the governments of Hawaii and Belgium are trying to ban lootboxes from the new Battlefront II, saying it's selling gambling to minors.

Link.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 10:09:35 am »

Basically, the governments of Hawaii and Belgium are trying to ban lootboxes from the new Battlefront II, saying it's selling gambling to minors.

Link.
Thanks guys!

Huh. That's interesting. I didn't know that issue was being tackled right now.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 10:39:54 am »

Link.
Thanks guys!

Have you not seen the absurdly gigantic controversy EA/DICE caused? Of course it's being tackled! :P

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:25 am »

Link.
Thanks guys!

Have you not seen the absurdly gigantic controversy EA/DICE caused? Of course it's being tackled! :P

When I say that I mean, "I would literally rather put miniature speakers in my ears blasting a Justin Bieber song at full volume than talk or think about politics."

Of course I wouldn't know xD

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 11:07:01 am »

@ Anti-Lootboxes Legislation

Yeah, it'll be wondrous at first. But then again, USA has a manchild president and stupid Conservative politicians, so at first they'll ban games with lootboxes, then they'll be banning any video game that depicts something what Conservatives demonize, like sex or violence. The law, if it'll be accepted, can easily become something like The Hays Code for Hollywood movies and The Comics Code for, well, comic books. Plus, from my general knowledge and experience with politicians of 21th century, it's not about actually protecting the kids. It's all about money, fame, tighter hold on media, or some combination of these three things. Russia's Anti-LGBT law is a prime example of "protect the children, but actually cause a fuck-up" kind of laws which "think of the children" attitude can lead to.

TL:DR: Don't think that any of politicians care about the poor innocent children. The legislation/law is not some one-sided "stop corporate madness", and it can be turned into an important gear in the censorship machine by the current US government.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 11:16:22 am »

[SNIP]

When I say that I mean, "I would literally rather put miniature speakers in my ears blasting a Justin Bieber song at full volume than talk or think about politics."

Of course I wouldn't know xD
I don't blame you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 11:23:08 am »

You're going to build a house in one week?
Love, scriver~

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 12:44:23 pm »

You're going to build a house in one week?

You know, I posted this same thing on another forum and someone thought I meant that too. So let me clarify: we probably aren't gonna be able to build the whole thing in a week. We'll be mostly clearing out the area in a week or so, then the rest will come.
Pages: [1] 2 3