Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learning to Play Dwarf Fortress: Play-along tutorial stream!  (Read 626 times)

Wyzack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Learning to Play Dwarf Fortress: Play-along tutorial stream!
« on: November 29, 2017, 01:03:18 pm »

Hi everyone. As well known as Dwarf Fortress now is there are a pretty large subset of people who love to read about all the crazy stories but are too intimidated to actually try playing the game themselves. In my opinion the game itself is not terribly difficult, but the interface and menus are the really challenging part, as well as getting used to looking at your fortress and its surroundings.

I had the idea to run a tutorial stream, so that people wanting to learn the game can play along in real time and ask any questions they might have directly through the chat. Even if you are already a skilled player you might still have a good time watching the stream and helping to coach the newer players and answer questions.  I will be starting at 6:30 pm EST today (about five and a half hours from the time of posting) and will cover everything right from downloading the starter pack to the end of the first year, or however long we end up running for.

Apologies if this is not the best board to post this in, it seemed like the closest one.

Hope to see some of you out there! If you know anybody who wants to learn the game but hasn't had a chance send them to this thread, I will post in here with a link to the stream when it is time.

TL:DR streaming a dwarf fortress tutorial for people who want to learn the game at 6:30 pm EST, come out to watch the fun and maybe learn something