Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Insects shouldnt take up a whole refuse stockpile tile  (Read 874 times)

malistaticy

• Bay Watcher
  • WAH
    • View Profile
Insects shouldnt take up a whole refuse stockpile tile
« on: November 16, 2017, 03:38:21 am »

I was drunkenly reading through the wiki when I stumbled upon the Hive page, when I read the line "But don't be surprised if your refuse pile fills up with bees that die after stinging your dwarves." Now, obviously I had already known that an insect remains would occupy a single tile each, but I guess the alcohol had a certain quality that lead to the realization that this might not be the most accurate potrayal of dwarves stockpiling bug parts. Just food for thought
"Honestly, I have no idea how that got there"

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Insects shouldnt take up a whole refuse stockpile tile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:56:10 am »

Stockpiles need a rework overall.  Maybe just give each space a maximum capacity for stockpiling, based on the size of the objects in it.  That would make quantum stockpiling less essential.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 07:12:22 am »

Quantum stockpiling isn't essential though, you have dirt layers for a reason. I do agree stockpiling needs an overhaul though, it's rather odd we can put out gray tarps on the ground that mystically keep tomatoes from rotting while it's so hot people are dying of having their fat melting.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 06:35:53 am »

Indeed this belongs to a bigger update to stockpiles, along with piling up chairs and other thiga like that. For now bins sorts the problem with some kinds of items. But sure, there are things that should behave naturally as if they were on bins. Dead bugs, weapons, clothing... Perhaps bins simply should give a speed bonus while having piles of stuff in disarray would add up time with a job "Urist is looking for the needle in the haystack".
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!