Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393552 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.2 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1050 on: December 18, 2021, 09:15:26 am »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 18, 2021, 12:02:02 pm »

I can get it to compile and run, but when I copy the build between computers I get a ton of missing dll errors.

What is the option to move the build?  Is it portable?  I tried that... still getting errors.

nevermind.  I tried to copy over my masterwork's dwarf therapist which was why the discrepency.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 12:03:36 pm by thistleknot »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 18, 2021, 12:16:22 pm »

fyi, there is still this bug

https://github.com/cvuchener/Dwarf-Therapist/compare/rolecalc...thistleknot:rolecalc

you can see it with nurses

What is the issue with nurses?

I can get it to compile and run, but when I copy the build between computers I get a ton of missing dll errors.

What is the option to move the build?  Is it portable?  I tried that... still getting errors.

nevermind.  I tried to copy over my masterwork's dwarf therapist which was why the discrepency.

Use the "install" target from the cmake scripts, then run windeployqt on the installed DwarfTherapist.exe (see the package script, you can ignore the plugin part).

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 18, 2021, 02:15:07 pm »

fyi, there is still this bug

https://github.com/cvuchener/Dwarf-Therapist/compare/rolecalc...thistleknot:rolecalc

you can see it with nurses

look at their ratings on a fresh fort.  All the scores are below 20%.  I believe it's counting empty aspects negatively when aspects should be ignored if there are no values (only score a category if values are present, else it's null and null should drop from a scoring).  It's like using na as 0 when doing a mean of an array.  Drop the NA's instead.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 02:17:24 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: December 18, 2021, 06:44:06 pm »

Use the "install" target from the cmake scripts, then run windeployqt on the installed DwarfTherapist.exe (see the package script, you can ignore the plugin part).

I have no clue what you are talking about.  I got it to work just fine without having to do any of that.

I'm all ears, I just don't know what "install" target from the cmake scripts is

nor do I know what windeployqt is

nor do I understand how I'm supposed to use a bash script in a windows environment (I'm almost certain you're not expecting me to use wsl for it).

screenshots are worth a thousand words

edit: I see you use bash to compile (using cmake).

I think i'm good with qt creator.  I got the process saved and I'm playing with dt.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 06:49:30 pm by thistleknot »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: December 19, 2021, 04:57:20 am »

I don't see what is wrong with nurses, the ratings look correct to me.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: December 19, 2021, 09:03:07 am »

I vaguely seem to recall having this issue before and finding the root cause.  Something to do with a default role being read from masterwork... but that shouldn't be the case if I use the latest build against vanilla (after having used it on masterwork).

but I can't find the forum reference [if I made one]

I've confirmed that nurses appear "normal" in vanilla.  I'm so confused.

Steps to reproduce:

I copied the latest build over masterwork's utilities folder.  Nurses looked f'd up.  So I made a change in the code (as I mentioned earlier) and they looked better.

Then you said it looks fine.  I then used the same build I had copied over the utilities folder on vanilla, and nurses look fubar'd.

So I downloaded an untouched dt version.  Closed everything out.  Opened vanilla [and your version].  Nurses look okay.

Using the same dt version.  I then open masterwork game and look at nurses and they're all fubar'd.

https://imgur.com/a/A4afOgB

So something is going on.  The role shows it's an attributes only role.  So if it's attributes only and it's excluding all other "aspects/categories" (i.e. NA',s or not including them in the calculation).  Then why are all the roles below 20%?  Maybe it's weights?

I'm unsure why it works in vanilla without any issue or what the issue actually is.

Edit:

I can say with confidence that my code modification didn't fix it either...  But I can tell an attributes only role is not calculating correctly for some reason in a modded game
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 09:13:22 am by thistleknot »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: December 19, 2021, 10:10:20 am »

There is an old bug where roles have weird values. But no one found how to reproduce it. It may disappear after a simple refresh.

There is also a bug with cursed unit attributes (64 bits only), it is not fixed in the latest release, but it should be in master. You may try these builds: https://github.com/cvuchener/Dwarf-Therapist/releases/tag/ghactions-test

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: December 19, 2021, 11:53:30 am »

a refresh never solves it in my case.  I think it's some bug and I'm not sure what it is.  If it's a curse or what not... it's affecting all the dwarf's ratings [at least for nurse].  I think last time I wanted to walk through the code's outputs and figure out where it's breaking.  To turn on logging I think I start dt as such?

/logging -trace

or

--trace

Ughh... bug testing an algorithm that is 10+ years old...

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: December 19, 2021, 02:12:57 pm »

a refresh never solves it in my case.  I think it's some bug and I'm not sure what it is.  If it's a curse or what not... it's affecting all the dwarf's ratings [at least for nurse].
If some attributes have insane values, it will break the attribute ratings and then the role ratings. Did you check the "Attributes" grid view?

I think last time I wanted to walk through the code's outputs and figure out where it's breaking.  To turn on logging I think I start dt as such?

/logging -trace

or

--trace

Ughh... bug testing an algorithm that is 10+ years old...
--trace

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #1060 on: December 27, 2021, 10:53:34 pm »

Hi, first time posting in this thread.

I seem to have stumbled on a bug with Dwarf Therapist. For some reason, everyone's roles are valued at 50, except for the sole zombie dwarf at the top of the table, but even his role values are a bit weird. Don't know what caused it. The zombie has been around for several months already and the roles were working fine during that time so I doubt it's him. No customization used, except a filter to hide kids and long-term residents.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Checked everyone's attributes, skills, etc, and everything else seems to be fine. No noticeable adverse effects within the game itelf.

DF0.47.05
PyLNP 0.14a
Dwarf Therapist 41.2.2

EDIT: Just read the post before mine and realized that it really was the zombie after all because of his insane attributes. I tried chucking him into lava and it fixed the roles table.
Is there any way I can keep the bugger without it messing with Dwarf Therapist?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 11:06:59 pm by amade »
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.3 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1061 on: December 28, 2021, 09:53:07 am »

New version released: 41.2.3

Changelog:
  • fixed attribute values when changed by a syndrome
  • fixed professions that should not be assignable to squad (e.g. merchants)
  • fixed downloading memory layout when the destination directory did not exist
  • fixed updater reporting a supported version after failing to create the memory layout

@amade, this version should fix your issue.

Edit: sorry, my new github actions failed and there is no package being uploaded to the release page.
Edit2: I triggered a manual workflow and it is generating packages now. I hope they're working.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 10:04:45 am by Clément »

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #1062 on: December 28, 2021, 10:39:29 am »

Nice, thanks!

Though the issue seems to have somehow fixed itself for now, but I'll get the latest version anyway.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

amade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • amade's illustrations
« Reply #1063 on: December 30, 2021, 08:33:22 am »

I think I found an unexpected behaviour: Squads returning from Missions are listed as a recent migration wave when selecting migration wave group view. Might not be a bug with Dwarf Therapist itself but more with how DF handles returning squads (like migrants, they flash a grey X when coming in from the map edge).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: December 30, 2021, 11:11:58 am »

Yes, I believe that to be an issue with DF itself rather than DT. When people are sent out (on a raid, as a messenger, etc.) they are removed from the fortress completely, so any items they owned, room allocations, etc. are wiped, and as they return they're treated as new inhabitants, with only the squad membership being retained.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 86