Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393422 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.2.5 | DF 0.47.05
« Reply #1200 on: February 13, 2023, 07:39:10 pm »

That is Clément's reply!
Well, that's just me not keeping track of cross-site identities[1]. (I haven't felt the practical need to visit the DT area on github, or I would presumably have known le gros fromage from that particular corner of the interwebs... ;) )

...and thus I read it as a third-party comment. The hopes and fears of a DFHack bigwig, dealing with an (alternate) external tool, not how it was written (arguably the reverse). All valid but, yeah, I see it now in the mellow[2] tones of Clément and it flips some of my understanding considerably. Good old textual communications!

[1] I will hold my hands up to say that if I ever actually got myself on Github as a contributor, it would probably not be as "Starver" or anything at all like it/connectable.

[2] My impression. Not saying there's a black rollneck jumper and a casually-held gaulois heavily featuring in my mental image, but...  :P

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: February 13, 2023, 08:02:25 pm »

I'm writing half my thoughts. "Abandoned" because I'm more and more considering restarting from scratch (and hopefully still be able pick some bits of code that can be reused) instead of changing core parts while trying keep everything working around it. That means there would be the old Dwarf Therapist not evolving any more (but I should be able to maintain compatibility, it does not require a lot of work) and another software that I hope I can work on more rapidly but will be lacking features for a while. Anyway I will need to make prototypes to try out ideas without being bothered with legacy. I fear that if I only try incremental changes, I won't be able to do anything.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: February 16, 2023, 03:26:26 am »

That sounds exciting  A fresh take newly structured from the ground up.  Can't encourage you enough if that tickles your fancy.  This despite my dinosaurian micromanager tendencies.  :P

It is very reassuring to hear that the old version will maintain compatability with DF for the ongoing future, though.

[As an aside, if memory serves correctly, there was an even older utility Dwarf Engineer (I think) which led to Dwarf Foreman.  Interestingly, given the recent 'read only' versions of DT, it predated labour management and was a display only skill levels spreadsheet sort of thing.  Someone with better search-fu than myself might be able to find some remnant of it in a dusty old archive somewhere...]

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: February 16, 2023, 06:10:50 pm »

That sounds exciting  A fresh take newly structured from the ground up.  Can't encourage you enough if that tickles your fancy.  This despite my dinosaurian micromanager tendencies.  :P

It is very reassuring to hear that the old version will maintain compatability with DF for the ongoing future, though.

[As an aside, if memory serves correctly, there was an even older utility Dwarf Engineer (I think) which led to Dwarf Foreman.  Interestingly, given the recent 'read only' versions of DT, it predated labour management and was a display only skill levels spreadsheet sort of thing.  Someone with better search-fu than myself might be able to find some remnant of it in a dusty old archive somewhere...]

List dwarf skills?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: February 16, 2023, 09:24:34 pm »

List dwarf skills?

Ooh nice, that one's even older..  ;D  The one I was thinking of listed the skills in a nice, if simple, graphic form rather than just being a csv output.  Somewhat like Dwarf Foreman but without the ability to change labours.  May well have even been the direct link between the two. 
(DwarfSkills can still be found as part of this collection: https://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=1098.)

[Also I'll admit to some confusion on my part - Dwarf Engineer is/was one of the former maintainers of DT.  But I've still got an image in my head of an earlier forerunner, I can see it if not name it...]

History aside, the point is that the features of Therapist have arisen because of the needs for them in the player-base combined with the the desire of developers/maintainers to add them.  Doesn't mean that they are all still wanted/needed but chances are that someone sometime is going to want them again, or at least something similar that fulfills the same need.

For some reason Toady is entirely resistant to allowing players to access information in a conveniently usable form.  Sure I can manually go through dwarf details screen after dwarf details screen to find out who is the strongest dwarf(s) in my fortress but honestly doing that 200+ times is stupidly boring.  So there will always be a need for something like Therapist to list that information at a single glance.  The situation is the same, if more complex, when managing work/labour assignments.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v42.0.0 | DF 50.07
« Reply #1205 on: February 19, 2023, 07:01:36 am »

New version released: 42.0.0

First proper release for DF 50! Most feature seems to be working. But consider this beta quality. The itch.io version is completely untested.

Changelog:
  • updated game data for DF 50.xx
  • added memory layouts for DF 50.04, 50.05 (steam-only), 50.07 (steam, classic, itch)
  • removed memory layouts for DF 0.47.05 and earlier
  • added "allow labor changes" button for replacing in-game work details with manual labor management
  • added Wine support for the Linux version
  • added "show only top skills in tool-tip" option (default to 12)

About labor management

If you don't want to use work details and set labors manually instead, there is a "Allow labor changes" button in the tool bar. It disable the in-game work details so you can keep your manual labor assignments. But it is not saved. You may lose your labor assignments if you don't re-enable it after restarting the game. I recommend using DFHack to set it on startup. There is a bug in DFHack 50.07-alpha1 that makes this solution more complex depending on your game version, but it should be fixed in the next releases.

You need to add a file in "dfhack-config/init" with a name starting with "dfhack" and ending with ".init" (for example "dfhack-dwarftherapist.init", see DFHack documentation) containing:

for DFHack 50.07-alpha1 steam only
Code: [Select]
:lua df.global.game.external_flag = 1
for DFHack 50.07-alpha1 classic only
:lua df.global.game.flash_7_by_3[5][2][0] = 1
for the next release, I expect it to become
:lua df.global.game_extra.external_flag = 1I will upload a file that you can simply save in the correct location when it's there.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: February 26, 2023, 09:50:32 am »

About labor management

If you don't want to use work details and set labors manually instead, there is a "Allow labor changes" button in the tool bar. It disable the in-game work details so you can keep your manual labor assignments. But it is not saved. You may lose your labor assignments if you don't re-enable it after restarting the game. I recommend using DFHack to set it on startup. There is a bug in DFHack 50.07-alpha1 that makes this solution more complex depending on your game version, but it should be fixed in the next releases.

You need to add a file in "dfhack-config/init" with a name starting with "dfhack" and ending with ".init" (for example "dfhack-dwarftherapist.init", see DFHack documentation) containing:

for DFHack 50.07-alpha1 steam only
:lua df.global.game.external_flag = 1
for DFHack 50.07-alpha1 classic only
:lua df.global.game.flash_7_by_3[5][2][0] = 1
for the next release, I expect it to become
:lua df.global.game_extra.external_flag = 1I will upload a file that you can simply save in the correct location when it's there.

Now that dfhack 50.07-alpha2 is released, the same command should work with every versions. I added a file in DT repository that you can simply save in the dfhack-config/init directory.

zeves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 13, 2023, 11:26:47 am »

thank you its working, finally i can play DF properly.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 14, 2023, 11:27:36 am »

Hey, with the new DF Steam and df-hack Steam Beta, dwarf therapist is no lobger able to connect - do you by any chance plan on an update?
Would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 14, 2023, 12:09:08 pm »

If you want a memory layout for 50.08-beta-1, here it is, completely untested.

Edit: Do not use it, it is broken.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2023, 04:46:37 pm by Clément »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 03, 2023, 04:05:21 am »

Memory layouts for the new 50.08 release

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v42.0.1 | DF 50.08
« Reply #1211 on: May 04, 2023, 08:35:01 am »

New version released: 42.0.1

Support for DF 50.08 and a few bug fixes.

Changelog:
  • added memory layouts for DF 50.08
  • added some missing thought captions
  • fixed missing weapon equipment for hunters/woodcutters
  • fixed "Armor (Legs)" column in Military/Military-Alt. grid views

dr33mz33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 04, 2023, 05:21:42 pm »

thanks for the update man! still use DT in every fort I run

viclew1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
IDK how to install/compile, Am n00b with Deck Re: v42.0.1
« Reply #1213 on: May 11, 2023, 02:44:47 pm »

New version released: 42.0.1

Support for DF 50.08 and a few bug fixes.

Can anyone help me out with an an appimage or even a flatpak? I have a steam deck and I've tried to compile it myself.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 12, 2023, 04:51:16 am »

Sorry, there was some issues with github actions and the appimage build failed. I'll build it manually, it will be easier than fixing those scripts.

Flatpak is not possible because the container prevents Dwarf Therapist from reading DF memory.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 86