Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399231 times)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.1 | DF 44.03
« Reply #195 on: January 12, 2018, 06:22:03 am »

Looks good on Windows 64, all the preferences seem fine, but no paper preferences so far.
Team Bug Fix!

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 12, 2018, 08:40:19 am »

Memory layout for linux64 loads fine but is showing a bunch of strange matches for preferences for Parchments and Paper Plants.

[Edit: got back for a proper look and Parchment and Paper Plants are matching all material preferences.  (And in the case of Tanners any Leather preferences are matching twice... once for Leather and repeated for Parchment.)]

I don't have that issue. Can you post the "[custom_roles]" section of your config file (~/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini)? Does re-creating the custom role help?

My working preferences look like that:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 12, 2018, 09:41:37 am »

Full thing, beware the length and very much a wip...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Recreating my Tanner+
Code: [Select]
25\attributes\1\id=agility
25\attributes\2\id=kinesthetic sense
25\attributes\size=2
25\name=Tanner+
25\preferences\1\exact=false
25\preferences\1\flags\1\flag=29
25\preferences\1\flags\size=1
25\preferences\1\name=Leather
25\preferences\1\pref_category=0
25\preferences\2\exact=false
25\preferences\2\name=Parchments
25\preferences\2\pref_category=0
25\preferences\size=2
25\skills\1\id=12
25\skills\size=1

as Tanner ++
Code: [Select]
4\attributes\1\id=agility
4\attributes\2\id=kinesthetic sense
4\attributes\size=2
4\name=Tanner ++
4\preferences\1\exact=false
4\preferences\1\flags\1\flag=29
4\preferences\1\flags\size=1
4\preferences\1\name=Leather
4\preferences\1\pref_category=0
4\preferences\2\exact=false
4\preferences\2\mat_reaction=PARCHMENT
4\preferences\2\mat_state=5
4\preferences\2\name=Parchments
4\preferences\2\pref_category=0
4\preferences\size=2
4\skills\1\id=12
4\skills\size=1

by specifying exactly the same values in the role dialogue fixed the issue.  Merely copying it to a new name using the gui did not.

With Papermaker and Bookbinder I copied them then deleted the Paper Plants preference and readded.  This fixed the issue.  :)

[Quick edit: the Paper Plants and Parchment preferences were missing the mat_state and mat_reaction tags on my end.]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:45:14 am by feelotraveller »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 12, 2018, 10:51:42 am »

But I have no idea why they were not saved correctly. When was the last time you saw these preferences working correctly? Any idea of what could have caused this?

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 12, 2018, 11:02:51 am »

Can I just get a confirmation on the below images please?

= Heterosexual Female/Male
= Bisexual Female/Male
= Homosexual Male (didn't have a female...)
= Asexual/Infertile Female/Male (denoted by being grey) [the one I am unsure about]

I only ask because my bird laid some fertile eggs, but am unsure if this was my ignorance, a bug or rape.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 12, 2018, 11:36:53 am »

You understood correctly the icons. It was already reported that DT does not interpret the sexual preference correctly. It is being worked on. I can provide an experimental windows build if you want to test it.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:19 am »

You understood correctly the icons. It was already reported that DT does not interpret the sexual preference correctly. It is being worked on. I can provide an experimental windows build if you want to test it.

I see. Apologies for not knowing that, & thank you for explaining it to me. I don't mind living with it, so no need for you to go out of your way. If it'd help you though, what would I be doing? Just running a fort getting every animal to breed in controlled environments?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 12, 2018, 12:00:04 pm »

Test this version, and see if the sexual orientation is more coherent. If you have DFHack, you can also check what the gaydar command reports.

The discussion happened several pages ago (see PatrikLundell posts), it is normal that you missed it.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 12, 2018, 12:27:27 pm »

Test this version, and see if the sexual orientation is more coherent. If you have DFHack, you can also check what the gaydar command reports.

The discussion happened several pages ago (see PatrikLundell posts), it is normal that you missed it.

So I did have a lesbian after-all! The Giant Bat that I thought was asexual (old DF Therapist's Diagnosis), finally admitted to her Giant Bat roommates that she was just into girls instead of being asexual (Confirmed by the DF Therapist Test Build & Gaydar. Also when Olivia the new Giant Bat arrived...)

So far things look fine from cross-referencing Gaydar with this test build. My pool was 40 animals (dwarfs are biologically incapable, presumed Pop Cap taking effect) & all matched up correctly. This batch included male/female bisexuals, male/female heterosexuals, 1 female asexual & 1 female homosexual. Miss the old icons though  :-[

Query, Giant Cave Swallow (male) likes males & will marry females (Gaydar). In English, bisexual? - DF Therapist agrees. Though what's the difference between the key terms Like & Marry for animals?

Also, unrelated, I have some "Phantoms of Brine" in my Gaydar that are asexual... who, or what, are they?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:33:05 pm by Encrtia »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2018, 06:01:19 pm »

Your cave swallow is a minor bi-sexual, i.e. likes to play around with males, but will go the whole distance only with females. Since lover relationships and marriages are exclusive affairs in DF that would mean a homo relation that would stall at Lover OR a hetero relation that would go all the way to marriage (as far as he's concerned: the female might want to go only up to Lover). This relation discussion isn't actually relevant for animals (like this one), however, since Toady has fixed animals so they'll reproduce as long as they're willing to go at least to the Lover stage. Thus, Like and Marry makes no difference for animals: they'll get down to it regardless (but obviously there'd be no results from homo business). The other difference between animals and "civilized" critters is that animals are promiscuous and also won't shy away from incest (although the latter is rampant in Legends...).

Phantoms of Brine are probably procedurally generated critters of the shrine or vault guardian type.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »

But I have no idea why they were not saved correctly. When was the last time you saw these preferences working correctly? Any idea of what could have caused this?

I am surprised too.  These preferences were working correctly with DF44.03 + DT39.1.2 a day earlier.  Using the same build of DT39.1.2 with DF44.04 (added memory layout you provided for 44.04) - and the same save - showed this problem.  Behaviour was the same for DT-sex-icons (sic) built from your branch.  So I suspect that either the memory layout or DF44.04 caused the change.  Can't say whether the correct tags existed previously and got deleted on load or if they were not needed to produce the correct preference display on screen before, although I suspect the former and no idea what might trigger this.  (Might want to advise users to redo their custom roles for parchments and paper plants with the release?)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 06:25:04 pm by feelotraveller »

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2018, 06:22:54 pm »

Your cave swallow is a minor bi-sexual, i.e. likes to play around with males, but will go the whole distance only with females. Since lover relationships and marriages are exclusive affairs in DF that would mean a homo relation that would stall at Lover OR a hetero relation that would go all the way to marriage (as far as he's concerned: the female might want to go only up to Lover). This relation discussion isn't actually relevant for animals (like this one), however, since Toady has fixed animals so they'll reproduce as long as they're willing to go at least to the Lover stage. Thus, Like and Marry makes no difference for animals: they'll get down to it regardless (but obviously there'd be no results from homo business). The other difference between animals and "civilized" critters is that animals are promiscuous and also won't shy away from incest (although the latter is rampant in Legends...).

Phantoms of Brine are probably procedurally generated critters of the shrine or vault guardian type.

Thanks! Nicely summed up! My next question would be "shine/vault guardians?" But, I don't know if that's a spoiler or not in a way... so.. can I just ask if that's something I'll come across in my Fortress Mode? Thanks again in advance!

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2018, 06:23:20 pm »

(Double Post)

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2018, 09:56:21 pm »

Can't say whether the correct tags existed previously and got deleted [snip]

Actually I can.  I made a backup of my custom roles on 6 Dec '17 and in that file all three roles have both mat_state and mat_reaction properly specified.

Saintpepsi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2018, 01:01:33 am »

Something I have noticed is that Dwarf Therapist isn't displaying attributes correctly. I hit my dwarfs with Armok's blessing so all of their attributes should display as maxed out and DF shows them as maxed, but DT shows their starting attribute values.

One dwarf's attributes: https://i.imgur.com/GPVMpUD.png

What Dwarf Therapist shows: https://i.imgur.com/veEe3fH.png

Prior versions of Dwarf Therapist (43.5.1 is the prior version I have) displayed these values properly.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 87