Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393524 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.1 | DF 44.03
« Reply #225 on: January 16, 2018, 12:41:32 pm »

Modified raws don't change the checksum (it's the DF binary checksum). How did you install DT? Latest version should come with memory layouts from 0.42.01 to 0.44.03. 0.40.x is no longer supported.

MangoGold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 16, 2018, 01:52:23 pm »

One of my dwarves has a different name in game and in therapist: https://i.imgur.com/Bz5pAzo.png
Bug?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 16, 2018, 02:02:08 pm »

It should be fixed in the next release.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 16, 2018, 04:15:21 pm »

Modified raws don't change the checksum (it's the DF binary checksum). How did you install DT? Latest version should come with memory layouts from 0.42.01 to 0.44.03. 0.40.x is no longer supported.

I downloaded the main repository ("Home Page" link at the beginning of the thread) and followed the build instructions. The 'About' says its version 39.1.2, and the linux memory layouts that came with it go up to 0.44.03 so it seemed fairly up-to-date to me. Its just when I actually run it in the console, it fails to connect and lists those very old compatibilities. There are also some other memory layout messages, this is the full console output:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As best as I can tell, there is some issue with loading either the manually added memory layout or all the more recent ones, but I'm far from an expert on all this, I just barely managed to get things working. Thanks for taking the time to help out!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 16, 2018, 04:53:02 pm »

What build instructions (link)? Maybe you accidentally got Splinterz's fork.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 16, 2018, 06:00:07 pm »

What build instructions (link)? Maybe you accidentally got Splinterz's fork.

Uhm, I mean, the one in the opening post of this thread: https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/

there's a readme.rst in there, with instructions to build the application and thats what I went with. required some fiddling with permissions, but other than that, its all from that repository right there.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2018, 12:15:54 am »

Open up Dwarf Therapist, go to options -> general  and make sure that your updates (down the bottom) are set to owner: Dwarf-Therapist and  repository: Dwarf-Therapist.  If owner was set to splintermind then it is understandable that the old memory layouts were downloaded from there, and it seems that might have caused problems.  After this I would suggest closing normally and then reinstalling Dwarf Therapist.  Then add the memory layout for 0.44.05.  Hoepfully it will now update memory layouts from the right repository and all will be well.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:17:54 am by feelotraveller »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2018, 05:09:59 am »

DT try to find a "memory_layouts/linux" folder in several locations. But I think it stops when the first one is found. You may have a old memory_layouts folder that is found before the one you want. DT should look in these locations (<appdir> is the location of the DwarfTherapist binary, <workdir> is where you start it from):
Code: [Select]
<appdir>/share
<appdir>/../share
~/.local/share/dwarftherapist
/usr/local/share/dwarftherapist
/usr/share/dwarftherapist
<workdir>
<workdir>/share
XDG_DATA_HOME and XDG_DATA_DIRS are environment variable that may change where the applications looks for files. Usually they are unset, I gave the paths for the default values. You can check if they have a value with "env | grep XDG_DATA".

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2018, 06:04:29 am »

Open up Dwarf Therapist, go to options -> general  and make sure that your updates (down the bottom) are set to owner: Dwarf-Therapist and  repository: Dwarf-Therapist.  If owner was set to splintermind then it is understandable that the old memory layouts were downloaded from there, and it seems that might have caused problems.  After this I would suggest closing normally and then reinstalling Dwarf Therapist.  Then add the memory layout for 0.44.05.  Hoepfully it will now update memory layouts from the right repository and all will be well.  :)

Both owner and repository were set to Dwarf-Therapist by default, so I don't believe that is the issue. Still, it was worth checking, thank you!

DT try to find a "memory_layouts/linux" folder in several locations. But I think it stops when the first one is found. You may have a old memory_layouts folder that is found before the one you want. DT should look in these locations (<appdir> is the location of the DwarfTherapist binary, <workdir> is where you start it from):
Code: [Select]
<appdir>/share
<appdir>/../share
~/.local/share/dwarftherapist
/usr/local/share/dwarftherapist
/usr/share/dwarftherapist
<workdir>
<workdir>/share
XDG_DATA_HOME and XDG_DATA_DIRS are environment variable that may change where the applications looks for files. Usually they are unset, I gave the paths for the default values. You can check if they have a value with "env | grep XDG_DATA".

Ah, this is certainly the case, upon running locate I found the old linux memory layouts in usr/local/share. However, the new memory layouts are also in there (up to .44.03) and I tried simply pasting the .44.05 file, that didn't work. Should I try to delete the old memory layouts? I'm not going to go back to DF 0.40.x anytime soon...

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2018, 06:22:03 am »

You can delete the old memory layouts they won't work with the current DT anyway. But I don't see why it would stop reading the directory after the old ones. You should check the other paths in the list: the <appdir>/<workdir> ones may not be in locate search paths.

Achanei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2018, 06:49:50 am »

You can delete the old memory layouts they won't work with the current DT anyway. But I don't see why it would stop reading the directory after the old ones. You should check the other paths in the list: the <appdir>/<workdir> ones may not be in locate search paths.

so I fiddled around with it a bit, deleting the entire folder in /usr/local/share certainly got noticed and DT wouldn't start anymore. I put it back in with only the new files (0.44.02 to .05) and, well, this happened:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So yeah, you are right, those files are coming from somewhere else, they certainly aren't back in the usr/local/share directory. Guess i'll run find, see what turns up :)

EDIT:
Got it! home/$user/.local/share was the culprit, find turned up a dwarftherapist memory layouts folder there, and replacing the 0.40.x files there with the current one made it work. Awesome!

Pretty sure the problem was indeed the multiple old versions of DT I had used years ago, combined with the fact that DT stops looking after finding one set of memory layouts. The perils of playing the same game over and over again as new versions come out, I suppose.
Thank you and everyone else for the help, I really appreciate it - fort mode is basically unplayble without DT. Happy to know it is possible to get the game going on a linux machine!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:20:14 am by Achanei »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2018, 09:03:44 am »

There are several issues with the way DT looks for files.
  • Only the first existing directory is used (affects memory layouts and grid views).
  • The updater may try to write memory layout in a read-only directory (common on Linux).
  • File names are not very consistent: dwarftherapist vs. "Dwarf Therapist" vs. DwarfTherapist vs. "UDP Software" (it is not obvious, but is where DT stores its configuration file).

The first one should be easy to fix.

The second one requires to use QStandardPaths to find a writable location and the first fix, since it may add updated layouts in a different location from the initial ones. It also requires to change the search paths order so the writable location (XDG_DATA_HOME on Linux, AppData on Windows) is checked first. (There is also the issue of the over-zealous updater than download older memory layouts than the ones you already have.)

The simplest solution would to rely completely on QStandardPaths and not adding extra search path. But on Linux, it does not use any path relative to <APPDIR> for AppDataLocation. That would force Linux users that have DT in a non-standard prefix (and I think that is a lot of users, LNP packagers would be affected too) to change the value of XDG_DATA_HOME or XDG_DATA_DIRS (ideal search order would be XDG_DATA_HOME, DT prefix, other data dirs).

Other issues with QStandardPaths are that there is no paths for documentation and it disagrees with QSettings on the config dir (<CONFIGDIR>/<organizationName> for QSettings vs. <CONFIGDIR>/<applicationName> for QStandardPaths).

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.2 | DF 44.05
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2018, 10:13:41 am »

New version released: 39.2.0

Add support for latest DF (0.44.04 and 0.44.05), a few bug fixes and the sexual orientation changes.

Changelog:
  • added memory layouts for DF 0.44.04 and 0.44.05 (all platforms)
  • added commitment details for sexual orientation (lover vs. marriage, only for citizens, not for animals)
  • added choice for sexual orientation details in the option menu (sex only/simple orientation/commitment)
  • added "Sex" and "Sexual Orientation" grouping (replaces "Gender & Orientation")
  • renamed "Social & Cultural" grid view to "Other Skills" and add it in the default tabs
  • fixed sexual orientation
  • fixed fake identity not being used for non-vampires
  • fixed reading fake identity names and birth date
  • fixed a bug when column sets have the same name in the grid view editor

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2018, 11:11:30 am »

Will there still be Mac builds?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2018, 11:14:44 am »

I don't know what is happening with Travis, the OSX build is not starting: https://travis-ci.org/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/jobs/329890384
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86