Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393621 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Really Maintained Branch) v.39.3 | DF 44.09
« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2018, 03:34:58 am »

Instrument components are "TOOL"s. I need to check some flag, I am guessing INCOMPLETE_ITEM. In addition to instrument components, that would also exclude:
Code: [Select]
scroll rollers
book binding
quire
helve

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 20, 2018, 03:52:12 am »

Every instrument component's token starts with ENT###_IN$, where ### is an entity number, and $ is either W, S, or K, depending on the instrument type.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 21, 2018, 05:52:50 am »

I downloaded the win32 build but it says it's not a valid win32 app when trying to run on a winXP(*) PC, older versions still work fine...

(*) actually I'm running a Windows Embedded POS Ready 2009 install, it's basically WinXP with extended support until 2019...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 21, 2018, 07:36:07 am »

That's not Clement's fault, or anything he can do about it, it's the nature of the compiler/etc dropping XP support.

Discovered that myself, a little while ago. Never got around to developing a way round it myself (I have a faithful XP machine, kept offline, that I do things on like DF alongside well things that I find more awkward on other platforms at my fingertips), though I keep on intending to do my own porting.

I tried back-pedalling various versions of DT distributables myself, and it went a bit further back than I found useful for 0.44.x DF. What worked for you?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 21, 2018, 08:53:11 am »

As I said before, it is a matter of using an older version of Qt (5.6 works with XP), and the right compiler. And I've just discovered there is an optional MSVC2015 component for XP support.

MSVC2015 (v140_xp) 32bits build with Qt 5.6

Tested in a WinXP VM.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 21, 2018, 03:46:13 pm »

I get these I get a 'creating SSL' Memory Layout Error and Version Check Error. I'm using a lightly modded DF 44.09 install. Everything seems to be working fine. Any ideas why and if it is a problem?

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 21, 2018, 03:57:42 pm »

That's not Clement's fault, or anything he can do about it, it's the nature of the compiler/etc dropping XP support.

Discovered that myself, a little while ago. Never got around to developing a way round it myself (I have a faithful XP machine, kept offline, that I do things on like DF alongside well things that I find more awkward on other platforms at my fingertips), though I keep on intending to do my own porting.

I tried back-pedalling various versions of DT distributables myself, and it went a bit further back than I found useful for 0.44.x DF. What worked for you?
yes, I realize it's not the current mantainer's fault, from my own research it seems to be some libraries that Visual Studio includes by default which are no longer XP compatible...

I was using an old version of the LNP...  40.19... not sure what DT version it had...

so far with the latest Starter Pack I had to make sure to download the win32 version of the pack and then download the win32 version of DF from the main site and substitute it for the one in the package which didn't seem to work... I got DF running from the pack, now trying to get DT to work too...

As I said before, it is a matter of using an older version of Qt (5.6 works with XP), and the right compiler. And I've just discovered there is an optional MSVC2015 component for XP support.MSVC2015 (v140_xp) 32bits build with Qt 5.6Tested in a WinXP VM.
thanks Clément!! this one works on XP, but it gives an error that I'm running mulltiple DF processes, which I'm not... asks me to select an instance: 5636 or 4564, selecting neither does anything the later gives some memory layout errors... I'm running DF 44.09

I get these I get a 'creating SSL' Memory Layout Error and Version Check Error. I'm using a lightly modded DF 44.09 install. Everything seems to be working fine. Any ideas why and if it is a problem?
me too...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 04:05:35 pm by Kaos »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 21, 2018, 04:04:18 pm »

yes, I realize it's not the current mantainer's fault, from my own research it seems to be some libraries that Visual Studio includes by default the are no longer XP compatible...
some even fuck up on win7 rediriecting to 32bit, even when called by a 64bit process, causing it to crash.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 21, 2018, 04:15:32 pm »

A firewall issue? You can disable the updates in the options if it annoys you. I am publishing new releases for memory layouts anyway.

thanks Clément!! this one works on XP, but it gives an error that I'm running mulltiple DF processes, which I'm not... asks me to select an instance: 5636 or 4564, selecting neither does anything the later gives some memory layout errors... I'm running DF 44.09
Do you have another window whose title is "Dwarf Fortress" (e.g. a file explorer window with your DF directory)? I remember having this issue with win7 when I started fixing the 64bits support but it supposed to be fixed.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 21, 2018, 11:27:57 pm »

A firewall issue? You can disable the updates in the options if it annoys you. I am publishing new releases for memory layouts anyway.

Do you have another window whose title is "Dwarf Fortress" (e.g. a file explorer window with your DF directory)? I remember having this issue with win7 when I started fixing the 64bits support but it supposed to be fixed.
no, I'm also getting the ssl and version check errors...

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 22, 2018, 06:08:15 am »

Use the tasklist command to find what the processes are.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 22, 2018, 09:39:59 am »

Use the tasklist command to find what the processes are.
just in case someone else run into this: winXP's task manager by default doesn't show the column PID, you have to enable the extra column on view->select columns...

after doing that I was able to check for the PID that DT was throwing, and indeed I had two "Dwarf Fortress.exe" processes running, the other one wasn't visible on a windows, I must have missed it when I checked the list by name... as how it got there, probably when I was attempting to get a win32 version to load, probably a memory remnant from the win32 non-XP version I tried to run...?

DT is working like a charm now! thanks Clément! =D

although it still throws the "memory layout" and "version check" errors when first loading the app... they do disappear after a while and do not show when "reading" again...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:41:40 am by Kaos »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 22, 2018, 02:10:31 pm »

For solving ptrace_scope issue on Linux, I thought about making DF ptraceable by anyone instead of adding a capability to DT. It allows for making DT works when ptrace_scope is set to 1 without needing root access. The required syscall is available since Linux 3.4. I see two way of implementing that.

1) A DFHack plugin:
#include "PluginManager.h"

extern "C" {
#include <sys/prctl.h>
}

using namespace DFHack;

DFHACK_PLUGIN("set_ptracer")

DFhackCExport command_result plugin_init(color_ostream &out, std::vector<PluginCommand> &)
{
if (-1 == prctl(PR_SET_PTRACER, PR_SET_PTRACER_ANY, 0, 0, 0))
out.printerr("Failed to set ptracer: %s.\n", strerror(errno));
}

DFhackCExport command_result plugin_shutdown(color_ostream &out)
{
if (-1 == prctl(PR_SET_PTRACER, 0, 0, 0, 0))
out.printerr("Failed to reset ptracer: %s.\n", strerror(errno));
}
Loading the plugin will allow any one to ptrace DF. Unloading restore to default.

2) A library preloaded when running DF:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <sys/prctl.h>

void set_ptracer_any() __attribute__((constructor));

void set_ptracer_any()
{
if (-1 == prctl(PR_SET_PTRACER, PR_SET_PTRACER_ANY, 0, 0, 0))
perror("prctl");
}
Compile with "gcc set_ptracer_any.c -fPIC -shared -o set_ptracer_any.so", then run DF with "LD_PRELOAD=set_ptracer_any.so ./df" (or add "export LD_PRELOAD=set_ptracer_any.so" in the df script). It does not require dfhack, but it does require to modify the way DF is started. Maybe it can be used in LinuxLNP.

Now, I wonder if something similar is possible for macOS.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 01, 2018, 11:09:43 am »

I'd like to check if everything works for everyone before merging the new file paths. I have made test builds for OSX and Linux (maybe Windows later, but it is the least impacted platform). I especially need testing for OS X, and any kind of installations from source on Linux (the ones I did not think about).

Note about Linux, if you install it in a non-standard prefix you need to set XDG_DATA_DIRS accordingly.

What should be tested:
  • DT should connect to DF without downloading memory layouts (check the log output to see the location of the memory layout used).
  • The "Open data directory" action. I let you guess where it is. Tell me if it was difficult to find and where you expected it.
  • Files (game_data.ini, gridviews, memory layouts) added to the above directory should be loaded.
  • Downloaded memory layout should go in the proper location. Harder to test since I included the lastest memory layouts. You will have to delete the ones included in the bundle/appimage/your custom installation.

The linked builds also have the preference columns patches, so they can be tested at the same time. I'd like feedback on the new preference list in the custom role dialog or gridview editor: improvements to the categories, any preference that should not be here or is missing, ...

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 01, 2018, 12:58:52 pm »

Its working nicely here saved into the latest LinuxLNP 44.09 on Debian Jessie, where it wasnt working before.
I dont know what paths its using but I for one will prefer the portable option and expect that will be a bit popular.
Thanks for fixing it up, I might try to use it to sort out some military.
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 86