Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399223 times)

Camstantine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v.40.0 | DF 44.10
« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2018, 11:33:59 pm »

Does the message really refer to "api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.ddl"? It should be "dll". Also, is that the file you downloaded? Make sure you downloaded the right architecture - 64-bit for 64-bit DT (regardless of DF), etc.. Where did you put the DLL?
Reinstalling DT is likely pointless - that's a dumb system error message that assumes the program in question has an installer that's supposed to install DLLs, which is not the case with DT.

My apologies, the message does in fact read api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll. The architecture I downloaded is the 64 bit for my 64 bit computer. The DLL file is in the folder that DT is in, or at least that's what my armature digging around found out. I've tried downloading the "api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll" by itself, but to no avail.

I've only downloaded the most recent version a day or two ago. I figured it was just a bug, perhaps?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 19, 2018, 03:43:24 am »

Try running the vcredist installer included in DT archive, it should install the required dlls.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 19, 2018, 09:38:34 am »

Try running the vcredist installer included in DT archive, it should install the required dlls.
i thought so too, but all vcredist installers i were able to get hands on installed 32bit dlls instead of 64bit ones (on win7 pro 64bit) and caused many 64bit programs to crash.
it was the reason i changed my OS.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Camstantine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 19, 2018, 12:15:02 pm »

Uninstalled the vcredist I had already installed, reinstalled it, got an error message that reads the following:
"Setup Failed - One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues and then retry setup.
0x80070bc9 - The requested operation failed. A system reboot is required to roll back changes made."

The vcredist installer says it's a x64.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 19, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3024471/hresult-0x80070bc9-error-message-while-you-are-installing-an-msi-packa

To resolve this issue, restart the system, and then run the MSI installation manually after the Setup program is complete.

It looks like you have made some change that requires a reboot before you can install anything again.

Camstantine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 19, 2018, 02:29:29 pm »

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3024471/hresult-0x80070bc9-error-message-while-you-are-installing-an-msi-packa

To resolve this issue, restart the system, and then run the MSI installation manually after the Setup program is complete.

It looks like you have made some change that requires a reboot before you can install anything again.

I've restarted my computer multiple times, reinstalled and uninstalled numerous times, etc. I do not know how running the operation manually would fix anything if the installation setup won't finish to begin with. Maybe I'm missing something?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 19, 2018, 03:40:30 pm »

I've restarted my computer multiple times, reinstalled and uninstalled numerous times, etc. I do not know how running the operation manually would fix anything if the installation setup won't finish to begin with. Maybe I'm missing something?
and exactly that was the moment i abandoned win7. (well, actually after 3 days of trying to get an actually working win7 vcredist64bit.)
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Spectre Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
  • Possibly inside a dragon's toothy maw.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 31, 2018, 06:59:54 pm »

Getting back into DF cause I need something to get my mind off my mom's failing health. What better way than send dwarfy mothers charging into battle with a weapon in one hand and a baby in the other, right!?

Got into the same snag as last year with Therapist not working on Win7 OS and some system dlls missing and it looks like others are having this problem too, so I contacted a friend for help. It turns out I have the correct x64 architecture for my system as I thought, but I did not have Service Pack 1 which is absolutely required for Visual C++ Redist 2015 to install correctly. That pack has the proper dlls for everything to work and once this was taken care of, Therapist finally started working like a dream.

Service Pack1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842
Visual C++ Redist 2015: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

(Note: If you have an unofficial Win7 version, turn off automatic Windows Update in your control panel settings immediately after installing Service Pack 1 and everything should be peachy.)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 07:23:29 pm by Spectre Incarnate »
The in-game text has punctuation!  Who knew?
Mister Adams,
How many licks does it take to get to the [candy] center of a Dwarf Fortress?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 05, 2018, 10:41:30 am »

I sent a squad to raid a site, when they returned one of them turned out to have died. DT shows him still being in the squad. It does show the warning: "The count may be different as Dwarf Fortress keeps missing, dead dwarves in squads until they're found", but they are clearly not in the actual squad.

Is there a bug tracker or something for DT? Forum posts tend not to be a great medium for this in my experience.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 05, 2018, 10:53:18 am »

The bug tracker is on github: https://github.com/Dwarf-Therapist/Dwarf-Therapist/issues

Upload your save somewhere (DFFD for example) and give the name of the squad and dwarf.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 05, 2018, 11:20:23 am »

@Clément:
There's a DFHack lua script called devel/export-dt-ini.lua that generates addresses for DT. I'm currently looking at the usages of the <unit>.flags1.dead flag, as it's mistakenly been named "dead" when its actual function is "inactive", and a number of scripts and plugin uses the flag incorrectly. In most cases the <unit>.flags2.killed flag should be used instead.
Towards the end of the script the unit flags are processed, creating an output string for named flags of interest.
There are two questions:
1. Is the string produced significant, i.e. is it read by a program, or is it for human consumption only?
2. Does DT have a need for <unit>.flags1."dead" at all, given that <unit>.flags2.killed is known to it as well?

The reason for 1. is that I'd like to change the text for the <unit>.flags1.diplomat to "outpost liaison, diplomat, or quester who intends to or has ever requested an artifact" and for <unit>.flags1."dead" to "currently not active".

The reason for 2. is rather obvious. The "dead" flag is set on critters, merchants, visitors, and invaders that are inbound but haven't yet entered the map, and I suspect this can happen with returning raiding party members as well, although I haven't investigated that (they trickle in on return, but I don't know if the whole squad is added to the "active" unit list at once, setting all but the first one to "dead", or if they get entered into the "active" list one at a time as they enter the map). I think the "dead" flag is set on units that have left the map, but the group hasn't left yet (such as a caravan and possibly a raiding squad), but that's a guess, as I haven't checked that either).

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 05, 2018, 11:58:24 am »

Its a bit complicating that flag is used for inactive units, but Ive used it to list units status details, and every unit in the games 'dead/missing' listing has had it, and ive not noticed a unit in the citizens, pets or others listing with it. Maybe better to leave the naming and just have to be aware dealing with offscreen units, it has been used as a bodge to deactivate them.
Klok the Kloker !

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 05, 2018, 12:11:42 pm »

The "invalid_flags" are used for ignoring units that should not be shown in DT. The string is only used for logging the reason the unit was ignored, it can be anything.

Leave the dead/inactive flag, it still looks like a good reason for ignoring the units. You can freely improve the descriptions for the flags.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 05, 2018, 01:14:28 pm »

@strainer: Yes, every dead unit is rather inactive, but every unit in the units.active list that has the inactive flag set isn't dead.
The reason you don't see the inactive living units in any of the lists is because DF doesn't display them in the list, not because they're not in the data structures. Inbound units entering the embark are inactive until they enter, and this goes at least for sieges, merchants, visitor groups (performance troupes and quester groups), and critter groups. I don't know how returning raid parties are handled, and I don't know how leaving groups are handled either, although I suspect they're treated the same as arriving ones.

Leaving the name of the flag as is will probably result in additional cases of bugs such as those generated by fix/dead-units before it was fixed. However, the current phase is an investigation of where the flag is used to see if it's used correctly, in particular that it doesn't do horrible things to innocent inactive units believing they are dead.

It's still not completely certain every dead unit has the flags2.killed flag set, but it would be strange if that wasn't the case. After all, the issue is not that Toady does something strange with the flags, but that the community didn't manage to identify the flags correctly (which is understandable, given the correlation dead-> inactive flag set).

@Clément: Thanks for the answers. Being inactive is a very good reason for a unit not to be of interest to DT, so a check for that purpose is a good one.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 06, 2018, 07:13:14 am »

Is it possible to split the age category of "10-19" between children (10-11) and adults (12+)? I want to see how many people are about to grow up, and them being grouped together is not very useful.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87