Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399275 times)

hagger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v40.0.1 | DF 44.10
« Reply #465 on: June 24, 2018, 11:11:11 am »

no worries, just was checking since I haven't manually copied in the memory layouts before. I'll wait a bit longer :)

Cheers for the answers.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 24, 2018, 11:44:50 am »

I've just tested the layout for linux64 and it crashes on the first thing it reads (languages). DFHack crash on init, too.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 24, 2018, 04:25:48 pm »

Yeah. Linux 64 bit segfaults after a second or so. 
Most of the messages look like:
Code: [Select]
2018-Jun-24 22:22:55.310 ERROR core READ_RAW: "Bad address" READING 8 BYTES FROM "0xffffffffffffffff" TO 0x7ffe9c922368 [/home/insert_gnome_here/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancelinux.cpp:115] (read_raw)
2018-Jun-24 22:22:55.310 ERROR core Invalid string at "0xffffffffffffffff" [/home/insert_gnome_here/Dwarf-Therapist/src/dfinstancelinux.cpp:397] (read_string)
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 25, 2018, 06:12:10 am »

*breathes heavily while waiting for 44.11 update **while understanding that it has been only 2 days, and those 2 days were the weekend, and it will probably take a week or two to finish***

*also PTW, because I don't think I have yet*
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 25, 2018, 07:11:40 am »

The needs view is excellent. The crafting object need stood out as particularly important for most dwarves. A summary/score column should be useful for browsing and sorting the view.

A similar format for stress info seems desirable, but I expect there is more variation in stress and memory types than with focus needs.
Klok the Kloker !

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 25, 2018, 08:30:24 am »

A summary/score column should be useful for browsing and sorting the view.
Do you mean a general focus column? It will be done as a clone of the happiness column (based on current_focus instead of stress_level), there is not much design questions about it. Or do you mean something else? Please detail your idea.

A similar format for stress info seems desirable, but I expect there is more variation in stress and memory types than with focus needs.
Stress is only one value, or do you mean a column for each thought? There is currently 241 thoughts (some are unknown) in game_data.ini, not counting sub-thoughts. That's a lot. And what would be displayed in each column? The number of thoughts, the type of emotion, strength, severity? There is already an "Emotions" dock window, improvement could be done there instead of adding more columns.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 25, 2018, 12:57:46 pm »

*breathes heavily while waiting for 44.11 update **while understanding that it has been only 2 days, and those 2 days were the weekend, and it will probably take a week or two to finish***

*also PTW, because I don't think I have yet*

The above but playing drunk fortress at the same time, while listening to Albert Ayler.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 25, 2018, 02:30:13 pm »

It will be done as a clone of the happiness column (based on current_focus instead of stress_level)
Yes thats the column I was expecting to see near those individual details of focus, current_focus/undistracted_focus - which you revealed earlier.

There is currently 241 thoughts (some are unknown) in game_data.ini, not counting sub-thoughts. That's a lot.
I see thanks, that surely is too much to lay out in the same fashion.
Klok the Kloker !

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 25, 2018, 03:53:34 pm »

I tried building DFHack on windows 64 with suokko's patch. DFHack still crashes when loading a fortress but it generates a memory layout that is mostly working (a few remaining warnings but I managed to assign a labor with it). Be careful with it, reads are safe but bad writes can crash DF or corrupt data. I'll try updating for all platforms tomorrow.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 25, 2018, 03:56:44 pm »

If you clear onLoad.init (or -example) does it still crash? I was seeing an exception caused by warn-starving, which is run from there.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 25, 2018, 05:15:05 pm »

My bad, I did not read the message on startup saying that dfhack.init-example is loaded when dfhack.init is missing. I should have added an empty dfhack.init.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 25, 2018, 07:00:39 pm »

I was talking about onLoad.init, actually, since that's where I saw the warn-starving issue. But making a blank dfhack.init would avoid loading onLoad.init-example when a world loads, so that might have fixed the issue for you too.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 26, 2018, 02:39:31 am »

Experimental memory layouts for 0.44.11:

Updated based on the latest df-structures (fc2bda2). It works without errors or warnings using fresh embarks on linux 64 and 32 (tested labor, nickname and squad assignment).

I was talking about onLoad.init, actually, since that's where I saw the warn-starving issue. But making a blank dfhack.init would avoid loading onLoad.init-example when a world loads, so that might have fixed the issue for you too.
Commenting the line in onLoad.init-example was enough to fix the crash (no new bug for you). But I only wanted to look at the structures so it was safer with an empty dfhack.init (or are the plugins still loaded?).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 26, 2018, 09:33:14 am »

Plugins are always loaded if they exist. They're not enabled unless the "enable" command is run, e.g. in dfhack.init (with a few exceptions, like steam-engine, which try to detect whether they should enable themselves). An empty dfhack.init should keep them from doing much.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 27, 2018, 12:47:06 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 87