Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393598 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v40.1.1 | DF 44.12
« Reply #525 on: July 14, 2018, 02:13:11 pm »

Looks good to me. I have tested 2 situations:

1. embark screen
2. mass migration

I was worried that during mass migration, when most of the migrants are off-screen, they wouldn't be shown after the changes. But they are shown, as they used to be.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v40.1.1 | DF 44.12
« Reply #526 on: July 14, 2018, 02:20:59 pm »

Migrants that did not enter the map yet are in the "active" vector but with an "inactive" flag. The whole migration wave should still be shown as soon as the migrants are announced.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v40.1.2 | DF 44.12
« Reply #527 on: July 15, 2018, 05:31:19 am »

New version released: 40.1.2

Bug fixes

Changelog:
  • removed memory layouts for DF 0.42.05 and older
  • fixed unit list during embark and fortress mode
  • fixed "Armor (any)" and "Clothing (any)" preferences

Custom roles or columns created since 40.0.0 using "Armor (any)" or "Clothing (any)" preferences are broken. Delete the preference from the role or grid view and re-add it again to fix them.

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.0 | DF 44.12
« Reply #528 on: July 29, 2018, 08:05:46 am »

New version released: 41.0.0

Main changes are needs/focus additions (grid view, dock widget, ...) and a new custom role editor with beliefs and goals.

Changelog:
  • remade custom role dialog editor
  • added belief and goal in roles
  • added focus and needs scripting functions
  • added focus and needs in the dwarf tool-tip (optional)
  • added focus and need columns
  • added "Needs" grid view
  • added "Needs" dock window for focus and need overview
  • removed generated items from preference list and added incomplete tools
  • removed duplicate exact item preference when the item has no subtype
  • fix flagarrays with invalid size allocating memory
  • fix trying to read vectors with absurdly high size

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:01:56 am by Clément »

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 29, 2018, 11:19:48 am »

Wonderful, managing needs should be so much simpler now. Thank you.

I made a copy of the needs gridview and added a bunch of labors to it (like bonecarving next to crafting need) and moved a few things up and down. Reread, closed and reopened the grid and then therapist itself, the needs stay white with tooltip "not needed" while the added labors look normal. Doing it the other way around, adding a need to another custom gridview, which is a wild mix of roles, traits and labors, has the need column working just fine, edit: nope, after restarting the crafting need column now displays happiness level. The original needs view works. What am I doing wrong with my new needs grid, I only started playing around with custom grids a few days ago?

To install the new therapist I emptied the dt folder of all files, moved everything from the new download there, left the folder under appdata alone. Peridexis LNP 0.44.12-r01, windows 7, 64 bit
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 11:30:23 am by Rafatio »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 29, 2018, 11:50:07 am »

I did see that bug during development, but I forgot to fix it. Sorry, a fix will be coming soon.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 29, 2018, 11:54:04 am »

Good to hear its not me. No matter, in the few minutes since posting I'm already deeply in love with the new features, even if they're a little clumsy to use until its fixed. My dwarfs love the targeted crafting program too :-)

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 30, 2018, 03:49:20 am »

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this in a thread where you're testing and announcing a major update, but:

Every once in a while I'll see a screenshot with a dark grey "night mode" Dwarf Therapist. It looks glorious.
Unfortunately, asking around, it seems it is Windows High Contrast mode, which plays very badly with some other things I use (and in playing with it just now, it didn't seem like DF/DFHack/DT liked it much either. I had some really long input entry lags.)

Is there a feature like that in Win64 DT that I just can't find, or some simple setting I can change in a file? A proper night mode, say bay12forum grey or brown background, would be a valuable quality of life improvement for me and I believe many others who are likely to play in the dark with old eyes.
Team Bug Fix!

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.1 | DF 44.12
« Reply #533 on: July 30, 2018, 04:34:39 am »

New version released: 41.0.1

Small bug fixes.

Changelog:
  • fix saving focus and need columns
  • fix focus offsets on 32 bits platforms

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:01:32 am by Clément »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 30, 2018, 04:54:48 am »

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this in a thread where you're testing and announcing a major update, but:

Every once in a while I'll see a screenshot with a dark grey "night mode" Dwarf Therapist. It looks glorious.
Unfortunately, asking around, it seems it is Windows High Contrast mode, which plays very badly with some other things I use (and in playing with it just now, it didn't seem like DF/DFHack/DT liked it much either. I had some really long input entry lags.)

Is there a feature like that in Win64 DT that I just can't find, or some simple setting I can change in a file? A proper night mode, say bay12forum grey or brown background, would be a valuable quality of life improvement for me and I believe many others who are likely to play in the dark with old eyes.

This must be the adwaita dark theme I use on Linux, I don't think you will find it for Windows. This is done with Qt style plugins. I've made this simple fusion dark style plugin for testing dark themes on Windows (it is based on this palette). Place the plugin (fusion_dark.dll) in a "styles" directory in DT install dir. Then create a shortcut to Dwarf Therapist.exe and edit it: add " -style fusiondark" (without the quotes) at the end of the Target. There is also this style that I could try to turn into a plugin. Or you can try making a style sheet.

Edit: Jorgen-VikingGod/Qt-Frameless-Window-DarkStyle as a plugin (without the frameless window part and normal font size), same as above place the dll in the styles directory and start DT with "-style darkstyle".
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:40:09 am by Clément »

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 30, 2018, 05:39:24 am »

Thank you so much, Clément, the fusion_dark.dll method suits me very well!

Is this something I can share widely, perhaps after hosting the file on DFFD so as not to strain your filehost?

This will work very well for me, but I still think it would be a good idea to include an option like this internally in the settings. I spend enough time answering questions in the /r/dwarffortress subreddit to know the simple 4 step installation process you laid out would put many people off.

Thank you again!

Team Bug Fix!

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 30, 2018, 05:45:37 am »

I edited my message while you were posting, there is a second plugin to test.

I should be possible to add a style selection in the options. On Windows, I think the built-in styles are "windows", "windowsvista", "fusion".

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 30, 2018, 06:12:31 am »

DarkStyle has better popups; I'll use that one.

Thanks again!
Team Bug Fix!

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 30, 2018, 07:06:01 am »

Are custom grids supposed to be fixed in this version? They're differently broken now. Trashed my old needs(COPY) and made a new one. Not empty this time but every column displays what the first, socialize, correctly shows. The tooltips also read "spending time with people" no matter which need. Thats right after copying, haven't changed a thing yet, just refreshed and restarted.

Default needs view continues to be unaffected. And this time needs columns added to a different grid seem to keep working. Its definitely improving.

Edit: weird, I could break the seemingly working mixed-grid-with-two-needs by adding a labor, white needs again. Removing the labor again fixed it. Bonecarving if it matters. There are already several labors on this grid, only adding another breaks it. Adding a skill instead broke only one of the two needs, seems rather unpredictable.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 07:17:39 am by Rafatio »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 30, 2018, 07:52:05 am »

I forgot to fix the copying for the need. Only the saving part was fixed. It's uploading.

For the labor issue, test again with the next version when it is available. If there is still an issue, export your custom gridview, and copy its content here (use a [​code] tag).
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86