Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 397712 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.2 | DF 44.12
« Reply #555 on: August 07, 2018, 02:36:39 am »

I found an unknown mood in my fort and was told to report it here, it was "outraged." The text literally says "This is an unknown mood, please report it!" in dwarf therapist. On the default screen that shows her thoughts in-game, it says "She was outraged dwelling upon her cousin was expelled". Just a heads up!

I don't find this string, you must mean "This is an unknown thought, please report it!". The thought part is "after her cousin was expelled". So do what lethosor said.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: August 07, 2018, 04:26:57 am »

I checked and "Can Activate" is actually anything that does not fit in the other categories. It must come from simpler times. I could split it in "Can Activate" and "Cannot Activate" or add "Visitors" and "Mercenaries" groups.

I think one of these solutions would be perfect. Currently there is a problem (at least to me) to list mercenaries along with normal citizens, but not other visitors. Particularly monster slayers and entertainers clog the list, outnumbering the mercenaries by a factor of ten. Mercenaries are treated by game and by DT as other long-terms, but it would be best to be able to see all dwarves and mercenaries (who could be teamed up with dwarves in the squads, so their status is quite important), and not see the monster slayers, scholars and entertainers.

I use naming scheme for now, and filter the undesired names ("MERC Urist" is desired, but "SCH Urist", "ENT Urist" and "MS Urist" are not, for example).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:31:00 am by Saiko Kila »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: August 07, 2018, 05:16:44 am »

I made this change, it adds "Mercenaries", "Can Activate" (this time for dwarves you can really activate) and "Cannot Activate". "Mercenaries" would only have mercenaries that do not already fit in one of the previous groups (so mercenaries not yet affected to a squad). Re-reading this, I now see that the "Champions" category is out-dated (if I read the wiki correctly this was a 0.28 feature), it should be removed.

cjdabeast

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: August 07, 2018, 12:40:21 pm »

I have uploaded the save on DFFD. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13948

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: August 07, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »

One of my dwarves has an attribute(?) "~" with a value of 0 and no message in the details->personality sidebar. Brown, tooltip also says ~ and nothing else. I think its supposed to be his goal, he does not have one. Not really a problem, just looks odd.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: August 07, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

I made this change, it adds "Mercenaries", "Can Activate" (this time for dwarves you can really activate) and "Cannot Activate". "Mercenaries" would only have mercenaries that do not already fit in one of the previous groups (so mercenaries not yet affected to a squad). Re-reading this, I now see that the "Champions" category is out-dated (if I read the wiki correctly this was a 0.28 feature), it should be removed.

I used the release src for 41.0.2, changed only the dwarfmodel.cpp as above, and then compiled. I'm asking just to make sure it works as intended.
In Military Status view there are categories:

Can Activate
Cannot Activate (long-terms except mercs are here)
Champions (mercs being squad members are here when on duty)
Juveniles
Mercenaries (mercs unassigned are here)
Military (Off Duty) (both mercs and citizens being squad members are here when off duty)
Military (On Duty) (citizens being squad members are here when on duty)
Nobles (captains of squads are here, along normal nobles)

If this is as it should be then it works! Though I would name "Champions" differently ;)
These categories (including Mercenaries) are seen when people are sorted according to Military Status, right?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: August 07, 2018, 12:59:25 pm »

I have uploaded the save on DFFD. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13948
Can you please give the name of the problematic dwarf? I've sorted by stress (in manipulator) and gone through 10-20 dwarves on both ends, and the only "outraged" thought I could find was about an animal being convicted.

Edit: finally found it - it's a cook that died after going berserk, so I had to resurrect her and reset her mood before I could even view her thoughts. For reference, it's Kib Atîsshadmal (Stakeconfuses), and here are the two outraged emotions from the Lua interpreter:
Code: [Select]
[lua]# ~unit.status.current_soul.personality.emotions[11]
<unit_personality.T_emotions: 0x12dbde2d0>
type                    = 118
unk2                    = 0
strength                = 0
thought                = 242
subthought              = 58
severity                = 0
flags                  = <unit_personality.T_emotions.T_flags: 0x12dbde2e8>
unk7                    = 0
year                    = 194
year_tick              = 156902
[lua]# ~unit.status.current_soul.personality.emotions[218]
<unit_personality.T_emotions: 0x12dbe09a0>
subthought              = 62
flags                  = <unit_personality.T_emotions.T_flags: 0x12dbe09b8>
year_tick              = 160971

In the future, please try to provide a save before the dwarf in question is dead.

Edit 2: it's this one:
Code: [Select]
[lua]# ~unit.status.current_soul.personality.emotions[11]
<unit_personality.T_emotions: 0x12dbde2d0>
subthought              = 58
flags                  = <unit_personality.T_emotions.T_flags: 0x12dbde2e8>
year_tick              = 156902
but the other one also has thought=242 and is about a different relative being expelled.

Edit 3: adding these to df-structures, but 241 is being expelled and 242 is a relative being expelled. subthought is a histfig_relationship_type that determines the type of relative being expelled (for 242).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 01:26:42 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: August 09, 2018, 04:42:34 am »

Why does the settings window have so much empty space at the bottom? Playing on a laptop I have to jam the window against the top of the screen just to reach the ok button. More than 1/3 seems completely unused, could this be made a bit smaller? Around 50 pixel less would be enough to stop the annoyance and still keep plenty of white (in case thats intended at all).

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 09, 2018, 04:52:37 am »

What is your screen resolution, your OS? Can you resize the window?

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 09, 2018, 04:59:09 am »

Windows 7 64 bit, 1366x768. DT is maximized, but that doesn't help with the settings window, as that is not resizable.

Edit: Showing is easier https://abload.de/img/options-dwarftherapislfc50.png this is simply opening the settings window without moving it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 05:02:32 am by Rafatio »

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: August 09, 2018, 05:10:04 am »

Windows 7 64 bit, 1366x768. DT is maximized, but that doesn't help with the settings window, as that is not resizable.

Edit: Showing is easier https://abload.de/img/options-dwarftherapislfc50.png this is simply opening the settings window without moving it.

Your status window (the white part for tips) is about 190 pixels high. I play on 1920x1200 resolution, and my status window is only about 135 pixel high, so it's understandable you have a problem with fitting in it.

I  wonder where the difference comes from. Maybe from system DPI setting (used for fonts and some icons)? I have it set at 120 (everything is bigger), while default for my system is 96.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: August 09, 2018, 05:19:39 am »

I accidentally changed the default window size, and that make it too large for small resolution (and large taskbar) like yours. Until I find a proper fix so it won't happen again, you should be able to resize the window. If you cannot grab the edge, try with the system menu (right click the top-corner or press alt+space) and your arrow keys.

Rafatio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: August 09, 2018, 05:24:06 am »

Edge grabbing works, I only tried doubleclicking the title bar before I declared it unresizable, oops. It doesn't stay resized after restarting dt, but within a session, so thats my problem solved, resizing once per day is fine with me. Thanks for this super speedy support :-)

thefinn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.0 | DF 44.12
« Reply #568 on: August 17, 2018, 10:57:13 am »

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this in a thread where you're testing and announcing a major update, but:

Every once in a while I'll see a screenshot with a dark grey "night mode" Dwarf Therapist. It looks glorious.
Unfortunately, asking around, it seems it is Windows High Contrast mode, which plays very badly with some other things I use (and in playing with it just now, it didn't seem like DF/DFHack/DT liked it much either. I had some really long input entry lags.)

Is there a feature like that in Win64 DT that I just can't find, or some simple setting I can change in a file? A proper night mode, say bay12forum grey or brown background, would be a valuable quality of life improvement for me and I believe many others who are likely to play in the dark with old eyes.

This must be the adwaita dark theme I use on Linux, I don't think you will find it for Windows. This is done with Qt style plugins. I've made this simple fusion dark style plugin for testing dark themes on Windows (it is based on this palette). Place the plugin (fusion_dark.dll) in a "styles" directory in DT install dir. Then create a shortcut to Dwarf Therapist.exe and edit it: add " -style fusiondark" (without the quotes) at the end of the Target. There is also this style that I could try to turn into a plugin. Or you can try making a style sheet.

Edit: Jorgen-VikingGod/Qt-Frameless-Window-DarkStyle as a plugin (without the frameless window part and normal font size), same as above place the dll in the styles directory and start DT with "-style darkstyle".

This is such a relief, thank you.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: August 29, 2018, 01:55:22 am »

So, I found something strange when going to remove an older version of DF. The folder kept listing files and simply crashed explorer when checking out the structure. 

The culprit was that Dwarf Therapist had made a million readmes. A literal million.

A few are missing from when trying to delete the folder at first. Is this a known bug that was fixed past 39.1 or could it still be lurking around?
All I really know to say is that I'm using 64-bit Win 7 Professional Edition as my OS. The files are so old that I don't even know if anything else
could have gone haywire.
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86