Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 399578 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.2 | DF 44.12
« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2018, 03:57:38 am »

This is not a known bug and copying a file with a new name each time is not trivial enough to happen by accident. If you cannot remember what you did on December 18th, we won't know. They may have been created by another application.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2018, 11:15:49 pm »

Looking at the dates DT39.1 was released on December 18th (or 19th... time zones) so there is a good guess about one thing that was done.

The install path does however look quite non-standard.

(My windows days are barely memorable but is that what you would expect the file names to look like when a file of that name 'README.rst' already exists in that location?  E.g. 'README.rst (1)' if it gets written for a second time.)  Why it would get written a million times though, I have no idea...  :-\

p.s. Clément, don't hate me forever...  :'(

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2018, 11:19:44 pm »

Not that this helps, but it looks to me like that list is sorted alphabetically (999,999 comes between 9,999,989 and 9,999,990), so it's possible that there are between 1 and 9 million of those. If it's a power of two (e.g. 1,048,576), it could be due to something that duplicated everything matching some pattern too many times (20 in that case). I still have no idea what that could be, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

AfterShave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2018, 10:40:18 am »

Lethosor, the total number of files is listed at the bottom though 840798. So it does cap out at one million. File 0 without the appended (#) and File(999999).

Feelotraveller. Nah I just gave it L: because it's my largest disk. It could be literally any other folder name and be the same as far as I can see it. But yeah, copies in windows count up between the (). However, a plain copying and pasting will make it Filename - Copy (#). So it does look a bit weird. There's no Copy in the names. So I guess something tried to make new files somehow?
Gotta love the DF forums. A statement like this anywhere else could land you a couple years of counseling.

This is an anagram of my name
      Highborn Jerk Monster

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2018, 11:50:26 am »

I get numbers without a copy indication when downloading files that have the same name as a previous download. Could it be something similar at play here?

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.3 | DF 44.12
« Reply #575 on: October 04, 2018, 06:12:22 am »

New version released: 41.0.3

Changelog:
  • added can_assign_military method for scripts
  • changed military status grouping (remove outdated "Champions" and added "Mercenaries")
  • added expulsion related thoughts
  • fixed writing nicknames on some Linux distributions
  • fixed trying to read itemdef flags for objects not from DF memory

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 13, 2018, 06:01:22 am »

May I so kindly ask where the wiki is for qt compilation instructions?

I'm not partial to QT.  I'm just trying to get my build environment up.  I was able to install & run make/cmake and derived a cmakelist.txt file that opens in QT (side note: unfortunately running make after cmake doesn't seem to find a makefile @ CLI).  I have msys which has g++.  I had to rename sh.exe to sh.bak to get the (qt) configuration to initially run through but receive the following

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 06:15:45 am by thistleknot »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:58 am »

Qt should be in the msys repository (mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5 for 64 bits), you do not have to compile it yourself. pacman will install it in a standard location that cmake should find without extra help. Otherwise, as the error message says: "Add the installation prefix of "Qt5" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH", that means adding "-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/path/to/qt5" to cmake options.

If you are not used to command line, you might prefer using Qt Creator with one of the official Qt builds.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 13, 2018, 08:40:41 am »

I should stop postponing writing the windows build instructions, so I'll try a draft here.

I know several way to do it, but I don't know which one is the best. The best choice may depend on if you need a 32 bits or 64 bits build, if you want to develop (and your favorite development tools) or if you simply want to have a usable build.

• Qt Creator with built-in MinGW: less installaters but 32 bits only.
  • Qt Creator with MSVC: more installers, 32/64 bits.
  • Visual Studio: I don't know it, so I'll skip it.
  • MSYS2: linux-style command line, easier if you used to it but difficult otherwise, more difficult to deploy.
  • Build script with MSVC: what I use for release build currently, but my script is not really portable. A better script would still require some environment setup.

Qt Creator

Download and install Visual Studio 2017 or Visual Studio 2015 (choose C++ support during installation? I don't remember if it is always installed), if you want MSVC builds.

Download Qt Online Installer and install the components:
  • Qt > Tools > Qt Creator
  • Qt > Qt 5.x > MSVC 201x/MinGW 5.x, your choice of version
  • Qt > Tools > MinGW 5.x if using MinGW, choose the same version as above

Download and install CMake.

Setup Qt Creator for using CMake.

Open Dwarf-Therapist project by selecting CMakeLists.txt. Select a kit and you are ready to build.

MSYS2

Download and install MSYS2. Run a MinGW console (32 or 64 bits, your choice).

Install dependencies with pacman (I am not sure about the package lists, I may have missed some).
For 32 bits:
Code: [Select]
pacman -S mingw-w64-i686-qt5 mingw-w64-i686-gcc mingw-w64-i686-cmake mingw-w64-i686-ninjaFor 64 bits:
pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-qt5 mingw-w64-x86_64-gcc mingw-w64-x86_64-cmake mingw-w64-x86_64-ninja
Then from Dwarf Therapist source directory:
  • Create a build directory, and switch to it.
mkdir build
cd build
  • Configure CMake
cmake .. -G Ninja
  • Compile with ninja
ninja

On deployment

If you run DwarfTherapist.exe from the file explorer, it will fail to find dlls (for Qt or GNU libraries for MinGW builds). There is a windeployqt tool shipped with Qt that will copy the required dlls next to the executable. IIRC it does not copy enough dlls with MSYS2.

You also need to copy the content of the "share" directory in a "data" directory next to the executable.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:05:24 am by Clément »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #579 on: October 13, 2018, 11:47:41 pm »

I would have never have figured out msys2.  I thought that was the same as my msys

When attempting the Ninja step (64 set)

I also tried

I also tried (reverting changes to original commit each attempt)
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:48:16 am by thistleknot »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #580 on: October 14, 2018, 04:08:23 am »

Your environment does not look right. Are you sure you are using a MinGW shell?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #581 on: October 14, 2018, 06:22:43 am »

Your environment does not look right. Are you sure you are using a MinGW shell?

you mean a shell with mingw in my path?

I read I didn't have the correct mingw32, so I ran mingw-get and pulled the mingw32-base and it populated that folder (c:\mingw), but I already had mingw path from the qt ver of mingw that was installed.

Yes.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #582 on: October 14, 2018, 07:53:33 am »

MSYS2 installer should have created shortcuts for three kind of shell: MSYS, MINGW32, and MINGW64, they setup the proper environment so you don't have to worry about it. For compiling you will need to use a MINGW one, for package management any of them will do fine.

Don't use mingw-get (it's from your outdated mingw), use pacman from MSYS2. And don't forget to check for updates after the installation as instructed on the msys2 website (step 5 and 6).

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #583 on: October 14, 2018, 12:28:47 pm »

what a fun filled time that was

I have the columns sorted by role %, then based on attribute % (all other role dimension weights set to 0, i.e. disabled).    The one that's 0% that's the role next to it's [raw] value reported as a %.

I suppose this was an issue with the older version as well, and is something that I think as a statistician should be able to solve (the way that analytical ability > agility in all %'s.  In other words, unequal means/variances (ANOVA). Different co-efficients yet normalizing them the same.  I'm not sure if there is an easy way around it.  Maybe a tri-mean vs median?  Maybe normalize each domain separately? 

I don't like that idea, leave as is?  I mean I see one agility score > .5.

I also think highlighting only the values that are either the top 10% or bottom 10% of the displayed roles (this is not the same as roles > 90% unless the screen is redrawn using recdf).  It means what is drawn, from all those available squares, select the highest 10% of those squares regardless of their value (i.e. grab the top 10% ranked).  In other words, a rank ecdf of the final drawing.

biggest mistake (on my part) was the need to be running from the

there is a shortcut under

start - 'msys2 - 64-bit' - 'MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit'

which maps to

C:\msys64\msys2_shell.cmd -mingw64

which is where the aforementioned commands need to be run under, it's not your standard cmd prompt.  Easy to make considering that pacman commands work inside cmd.exe

once past that it compile (along with the relevant github commands to change forks).

here are my high level notes from that session

there was no need for me to even open it in qt creator.  It built it from the ninja statement.

thank you clement for the support

update

already confirmed the median is reported correct (1091) and at 50%!

I'm not sure how the other values are calculated.  Eyeballing it it appears the edge cases are done correctly as well as the center, trying to confirm individual #s I find them to be within 5%, so I think there is some sort of post stretching being done.

Don't recall how to use --stats

Ex transform check
    « Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 01:07:35 pm by thistleknot »

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
    • make due with what you have
      • View Profile
    « Reply #584 on: October 16, 2018, 02:02:36 pm »

Hi, how do I put my custom/super labor to appear on the main grid/column assignation part of screen?

Do I have to make a role instead?  I couldn't find a way to edit grids (the compact labor in specific) or make a new grid view tab.

I apologize if was already asked, I see progress on customizing and custom features but I didn't see my specific and hopefully minor issue recently via the search.  I'm not quite a power user, sorry.

edit: "role" isn't related but issue still stands on using/seeing the custom/super labor on grid and or activating it on a dwarf.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 02:05:29 pm by soul4hdwn »
    Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87