Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 393418 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.0.3 | DF 44.12
« Reply #600 on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:54 am »

I published my noble assignment experimentation in this pull request. Adventurous linux users may want to try this. I'll try to port it to windows later.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 22, 2019, 10:06:20 am »

Here is my first working attempt at a Windows port (64 bits only): https://framadrop.org/r/iICDET7Os-#Z2PGBlD56n1PAnU11uc3x6JzefLaA0qXTyGvio9UbTY=

Same as Linux, be careful and backup your saves. Also make sure the updater do not replace the memory layout. Look for errors or warnings in the log if something goes wrong.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 04, 2019, 10:59:41 am »

It is now ported for Windows 32 bits. I still have issues with Wow64 so DT 64 bits is not able to set nobles for DF 32 bits on Windows (it should fail harmlessly in the current version).

Windows 32 bits
Windows 64 bits

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 04, 2019, 06:06:07 pm »

Now that multi-racial forts are a thing it would be useful to be able to show the race of your inhabitants (e.g. for clothing needs) in the grid views.

It is possible to see the 'caste' in the tooltip if enabled.  Not aware of any other current option (other than using workarounds like assigning custom professions to everyone).

Thoughts?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 05, 2019, 03:11:58 am »

Sorting on "caste" (which I ordinarily use to look at animals for slaughtering purposes) sorts sapient inhabitant according to race.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 05, 2019, 05:15:38 am »

You can sort/group by race too. IIRC castes are only shown if there are three or more. If there are only two castes, DT assume they are sexes and do not show them. Thus "Caste" grouping is often the same as "Race" grouping.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 05, 2019, 08:10:46 pm »

Ah yes, another ID10t error.  I see it now.  ::)

(Still wonder if a visual cue might be useful but far less pressing/concerned now.  If I found the right drop down menu in the first place I would not have posted.)

Thanks to you both.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 08:14:28 pm by feelotraveller »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54:42 am »

What kind of visual cue? A better icon? Text instead of icon?

The line edit left of it should be removed too. I don't know its purpose and I find it confusing. I'm pretty sure it is not used anywhere in the code.

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 06, 2019, 05:55:12 pm »

Sorry I was not clear.  The dropdown icon seems fine, just a case of blindness/habit on my part to have overlooked the button.

I was thinking that an icon on the gridview (like the sex/gender icon) might be still be useful on occasion.  What prompted my post was that I had returned to an old fort and decided to redo my labours from scratch after noticing that swapping dwarfs to various jobs would lead to more highly skilled candidates in various positions.  A few months later a mini-crisis hit when I realised my highly skilled clothier was actually a human...  Okay lesson learned, hopefully, to sort by race for this activity.  Edge case, sure, but not unique - equipping 'foreign' weapons too big for dwarfs to humans immediately springs to mind.  The added usefulness is marginal though, so perhaps not worth worrying about.

I also have no idea what the box on the left is for.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 07, 2019, 03:25:35 am »

I think it would be hard to use an icon for race, both because there are a lot of them, and because you can easily mod in new ones, so any race indication would likely have to be text (unless you go for a player race/not player race icon indication).

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 07, 2019, 10:28:58 am »

The first three(ish) characters of the race name could fit in a squared textbox in a thinned font as an adhoc 'icon'? Literal text or specially rasterised to image format on first encounter.

Could be checked for obvious collisions against other races and maybe VwlCntrctd beforehand or otherwise treated. Optional fg/bg colour user-defined, as indeed would a change in Id string for known-so-far examples. "Dwf" features a wide character, so manual or automatic rules could let it be "Dw", but what one would do for an alternate "Dwarrow" modded race (as someone might create) or how to handle Tigons vs Tigers (another adjustment) is beyond the immediate scope of this "just a thought".

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 07, 2019, 12:23:35 pm »

The animal people races are rather numerous...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 07, 2019, 12:37:47 pm »

Animal: Ani
Animalperson: AnP
Giant Animal: GAn

...as default. Obvious exceptions (Giant/Gigantic Pandas, Blind Cave Bear/Ogre, maybe Aadvark Man (AdM, if NnFrstVwlsRmvd) vs Adder Man (AdM)) in vanilla can be a) given hardcoded fall-backs, b) prompt a few more/less rules to obviate (AaM and AdM), c) Just checked per-instance for clashes current to the fort, and nothing needs doing if there aren't any.

Just a musing, though.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 07, 2019, 12:49:36 pm »

Does Dwarf Therapist track the papermaker, bookbinder, and military tactics?
Not here at the moment

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 07, 2019, 02:25:00 pm »

If I added a race column, I would use the creature tiles (and maybe colors) from the raws. It is much simpler and the tile should be better known than other abbreviations. Maybe add some overrides for replacing the most common ones with real icons (and thus avoiding using smiley faces ☺ for dwarves).

Does Dwarf Therapist track the papermaker, bookbinder, and military tactics?
Yes but military tactics is not included in any default grid view.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 86