Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 87

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist v42.1.5 | DF 50.12  (Read 398916 times)

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.1 | DF 44.12
« Reply #690 on: November 10, 2019, 07:05:56 am »

Code from 0xab6c6a in 0.44.12 linux64, looks like this:
Code: [Select]
                    if (unit->flags1.inactive)
                        edx = Dead;
                    else if (!sub_F61B70(unit))
                        edx = Others;
                    else if (is_pet(unit->race, unit->caste) || unit->enemy.undead != 0)
                        edx = Livestock;
                    else if (unit->enemy.caste_flags.has_flag(CAN_SPEAK))
                        edx = unit->curse.rem_tags1.CAN_SPEAK ? Livestock : Citizens;
                    else if (unit->curse.rem_tags1.CAN_SPEAK)
                        edx = Livestock;
                    else
                        edx = unit->curse.add_tags1.CAN_SPEAK ? Citizens : Livestock;
                    if (edx != current_page && !(current_page == Dead && unit->flags3.ghostly))
                        continue; // skip unit for this page

I did not check sub_F61B70 in details, I assume it is some kind of loyalty check. is_pet only checks PET and PET_EXOTIC. I am surprised by the CAN_SPEAK flag instead of CAN_LEARN. Can someone double check I am counting correctly?
.text:0000000000AB6D60                 mov     rdx, [rax+unitst.enemy.caste_flags.ptr]
.text:0000000000AB6D67                 test    byte ptr [rdx+7], 2
.text:0000000000AB6D71                 movzx   edx, byte ptr [rax+(unitst.curse.rem_tags1.bitfield+3)]
.text:0000000000AB6D78                 and     edx, 1
« Last Edit: November 10, 2019, 08:31:40 am by Clément »

ZayZe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: November 23, 2019, 10:52:21 pm »

I know this has probably been asked, but is there a dark theme planned for this awesome program?

I've googled it, it's been mentioned, but inquiring once more. :P

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: November 25, 2019, 08:35:23 am »

Not really planned to be included in DT itself, but I try to keep DT compatible with a wide variety of themes.

On Linux, if you use a version built for your distribution (not the appimage) it should use your current theme.

On Windows you will need to add style plugins. Since I could not find any on the web, I built a couple of experiments, that clinodev re-uploaded on DFFD. You will need to pass command line parameters to force a given style, until I finish this patch.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: November 29, 2019, 09:42:46 am »

I was thinking about what could be improved to track sources of stress in DT. I started by studying how DT compute stress effects from emotions: currently it is mostly 0 because emotion strength is most of the time 0. The wiki doesn't contradict DT formula: "This thought strength is then divided by the numbers given in the table. [...] The "strength" denotes the effect the emotion has on a dwarf's stress levels".

Is this information out-dated? Are df-structures fields incorrect? Or are the emotions not the main source of stress level changes?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: November 29, 2019, 11:18:19 am »

As far as I know zero strength stress thoughts are suppressed from the unit thought screen, presumably because they are irrelevant.

However, even though the lists can get fairly long, I think the stress level isn't the sum of the thoughts in the list, but rather the last 700 or so thoughts that have affected the current level, but without knowing what the level was at the thoughts list cutoff, you can't compute the current level, just the adjustment over that period, i.e. thought effects aren't dropped after some time, but have to be countered by equally strong effects in the other direction. Note that this is how I think it works, not something that's been established.

It may even be that the culling of the list might be guided not only by time, but also by the need to keep thoughts that may be relived/remembered somewhere (like the very important trauma of being rained upon 10 years ago while arriving to the fortress). Note that this is pure speculation: I haven't looked at the age of the entries in the thoughts list.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: November 29, 2019, 12:54:06 pm »

I don't think zero strength is the criteria for suppressing the thought or the screen would be empty or nearly empty. I think DT is currently correct when suppressing thought with "None" thought type. And some of those "empty" thoughts have non-zero strength (Urist did not feel anything after nothing, but strongly).

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: November 29, 2019, 04:36:14 pm »

Yes, I did mis-remember things. Strength is used to sort the printed emotions, with more recent emotions listed above older ones on a strength tie. As you say, emotions that are None are the ones that are suppressed.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: November 30, 2019, 12:18:01 pm »

I think I understand why the strength is almost always 0. The very tick the thought happens the strength in non-zero but after it is only kept for the thought screen and the strength becomes 0. Some thoughts like rain happen over a period of time, the strength is non-zero for the duration of the thought but may vary over time.

Sadly, this means that I cannot find the most impactful past thoughts because their strength is always 0.

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: November 30, 2019, 07:17:05 pm »

Why'd you remove the noble aptitude section from roles?
Not here at the moment

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: November 30, 2019, 08:57:36 pm »

Can confirm the issue.  Was not able to locate the source of the problem on a quick look. 

Edit: think the issue is with
Dwarf-Therapist/resources/default_gridviews.dtg
line 1339 7\sets\size=17
(needs to be incremented to size=18 for the extra set)
[Confirmed by making the change and rebuilding, my git phobia/ineptitude prevents me from making a pull request  ;)]

It was not done deliberately but came about with the adding of the papermaker/bookbinder roles.

As a workaround until the fix arrives make a copy of the roles gridview: Windows -> Docks -> Gridviews, right-click 'Roles' in new dock to copy, then right-click new Roles(copy) and edit.  Right-click in 'Sets in view' box and 'Add new set' (can right click on new set to change name and/or colour but don't need to).  Make sure new set is selected (left-click) then right-click on 'Columns in Set' and from drop down go roles -> A-D -> Appraiser.  Repeat for Bookkeeper, Broker, Lawdwarf, Leader and Manager.  Once done hit OK on bottom right and you should be good to go with your new custom gridview (roles + admin group added back in).  Can delete this gridview later once the bug is fixed.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 09:26:57 pm by feelotraveller »

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 01, 2019, 05:12:34 am »

Thanks feelotraveller, I created the PR.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 01, 2019, 05:52:03 am »

I think I understand why the strength is almost always 0. The very tick the thought happens the strength in non-zero but after it is only kept for the thought screen and the strength becomes 0. Some thoughts like rain happen over a period of time, the strength is non-zero for the duration of the thought but may vary over time.

Sadly, this means that I cannot find the most impactful past thoughts because their strength is always 0.

A small correction: the emotion strength stays non-zero for a little while (a few hundreds ticks) after the emotion date has stopped updating. It is still useless for long term stress diagnostics.

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist v41.1.2 | DF 44.12
« Reply #702 on: December 19, 2019, 09:04:15 am »

New version released: 41.1.2

Changelog:
  • re-added missing noble section roles grid view
  • add experimental style choice in the option dialog

The windows builds now include two dark styles from here and here. Tell me which one is best, I don't there is the need to keep the two of them. You should restart DT after changing the style or it may not be applied correctly.

Windows builds are also available on DFFD (win32, win64).

sunhear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2019, 03:30:23 pm »

All,

I am trying to get a working  copy of dwarf therapist. I posted on an thread to get some help. some one suggested I post it on this thread to get some help. here is a recap.

In the past I could just down load the windows copy and it worked.

I have Lazy newby Pack (python version) of DF.

I downloaded DT as usual. I  extracted, installed and launched DT, however it would not connect to an already loaded fort.

I have tried several times.

I am trying to make sure i get the right version. I down loaded the one from this link: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13095

I am putting it in the same place as DF which is the place i think it need to be to work.

I have tried to purge all previous attempts/ copies of DT to try and make sure I don't launch the wrong copy.

can you please help me to get a working copy DT? I am at the point where originating my dwarfs will become critical.

Specifics
operating systems:  windows 10 64 bit
dwarf fort version: 0.44.12
LNP version: PyLNP .13b Lazy Newb Pack Edition

link to old post:http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175116.msg8061288#msg8061288

Thanks in advance
sunhear

Clément

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2019, 03:56:18 pm »

I guess you are using PeridexisErrant's pack. PyLNP is only the launcher used in the packs.

Check C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Dwarf Therapist\log\dwarftherapist.log for errors or warnings.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 87